NANA manga discussion thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:26 pm
Talk about the latest chapters of NANA and the old ones too. Remember not everyone is at the same place as you are in the manga so please tell if you are giving spoilers.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:13 am
The beginning of NANA grabbed my attention, but I'm still a bit confused. I want to know on why nana did that (her dating in the past). I haven't read the first volume in a long time so I must have forgotten the answer sweatdrop I don't want to give anything away so if you want pm me the answer or ask for a more descriptive question ^^  

Mystic Nocturne

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:59 pm
Because she fell in love with people at first site.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:57 pm
oh my god... such a great show bu the bittorrents are sooooo slow coming out.... domokun  

Silent Hound

Lolita_Mana-sama
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:50 pm
Well the reason it is slow right now is the guy that subs them his computer crashed. He is currently repairing it. Also torrents and direct download usualy comes out on Mondays and airs on Fridays  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:55 am
something i noticed yesterday actually.
when Shin first starts sleeping with Reira,
there's a scene in the 6th volume (episode 20)
where shin wakes up in a bathrobe.
a lady with long curly hair, who i assumed when i first read the novels through, was Reira.but, he calls her Ryoko ( i totally missed that) he also goes on to saying,
"looking at you this way, you don't look alike.."
he doesn't clarify who she resembles though.
in thier morning conversation she also mentions how she has a flight to america starting tommorow, and not being able to see him during that time.

later in the series,
between books 13-15 ( i can't remember exactly)
there's a scene where stewardesses are gossiping about a co worker of theirs, also called Ryoko, they mention how she resembles Reira, (hair in particular) but that her hair was like that before Reira bursted on to the music scene...

We know that Reira's father an American, is dead. but Takumi points out during thier nation wide tour, that her mother isn't, when Reira describes her coming back to thier home town as "visiting her grave".
this shows that Reira seems to resent her mother...
Is this Ryoko woman her mother?
if so that's a whole other scandal..
Shin has been sleeping with both Reira and Ryoko....  

itachishand386

nanafan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:40 am
i have no idea i haven't gotten that far in the manga..  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:44 am
i'm up to vol 14, still hoping for an nobuxhachi ending but....... crying aint looking good, especially with nobu's new gf (barf). although the start of vol 12, the future, does show a little hint ....  

invisibIe boii

K0K0R0.XX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:09 pm
I haven't gotten that far in the manga either.. I'm only in Volume 6..  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:51 pm
Finally caught up...sort of sad that I rushed through it though ; 3;

I wonder if it's going to shift to the whenever those flashforwards took place any time soon @ 3@;;

Anti-Ling

nanafan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:16 pm
i am only around chapter 20 or so....i am confused as to why hachi thinks her love for takumi is fake or that she is easy ....anyone able to help?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:37 pm
*chuckles to herself* I have a question.

Okay, so I haven't really ever read any of it online, so I've only ever read what is in the Shojo Beat's that I own. I am wondering, though, if any of you have realized the implications of the endings of each chapter they put in the magazine. And I do wonder what bad event Hachi might be foreshadowing as having happened. Any thoughts? *snickers*

I actually have reread all of the Shojo Beats, so I'm kinda finding the implications of Hachi's words funny. And I won't be surprised if none of you gets the joke. i actually had to reread the series to figure it out. Unless of course, I'm going insane or something, I'm pretty sure that something going on that noone else seems to have realized.  

Eccentre

Minritia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:59 pm
I joined this guild so that I could get some thoughts about the very latest chapters (60 or more). Below does contain spoilers! (chapter 60 up) Highlight to read.

Well...in the later chapters you find out that Nana supposing "died" in the near future....suicide maybe?
Anyways, there's another girl that appeared, who has a stirking resemblance to Nana.....except with long blonde hair. She has the very same tatoo Nana had on her shoulder.
Everyone, including Hachi and the rest thought that Nana died (or survived and living somewhere else.)

Now it's constantly flashingback to the past(right now), eventually leading to why Nana "died".

So....any thoughts? Why there's another girl that looks like Nana? What could've happened?

....hmm, that's a lot of spoilers..I hope I didn't ruin it for anyone..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:18 pm
Minritia
I joined this guild so that I could get some thoughts about the very latest chapters (60 or more). Below does contain spoilers! (chapter 60 up) Highlight to read.

Well...in the later chapters you find out that Nana supposing "died" in the near future....suicide maybe?
Anyways, there's another girl that appeared, who has a stirking resemblance to Nana.....except with long blonde hair. She has the very same tatoo Nana had on her shoulder.
Everyone, including Hachi and the rest thought that Nana died (or survived and living somewhere else.)

Now it's constantly flashingback to the past(right now), eventually leading to why Nana "died".

So....any thoughts? Why there's another girl that looks like Nana? What could've happened?

....hmm, that's a lot of spoilers..I hope I didn't ruin it for anyone..

I'm pretty sure that HIGHlight the SPOILERS : the woman is Nana! The reporter definitinly seems to think so and she really does look like Nana...and i think that the manga is trying to illude to dissapearence, since Hachi states alot that she hopes Nana is happy somewhere.

I'm guessing something goes sour since Sid/Nancy is kinda like Ren/Nana and Nana runs off somewhere to get away from it all.
::::::  

Lyokia

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:21 pm
Chowder88
something i noticed yesterday actually.
when Shin first starts sleeping with Reira,
there's a scene in the 6th volume (episode 20)
where shin wakes up in a bathrobe.
a lady with long curly hair, who i assumed when i first read the novels through, was Reira.but, he calls her Ryoko ( i totally missed that) he also goes on to saying,
"looking at you this way, you don't look alike.."
he doesn't clarify who she resembles though.
in thier morning conversation she also mentions how she has a flight to america starting tommorow, and not being able to see him during that time.

later in the series,
between books 13-15 ( i can't remember exactly)
there's a scene where stewardesses are gossiping about a co worker of theirs, also called Ryoko, they mention how she resembles Reira, (hair in particular) but that her hair was like that before Reira bursted on to the music scene...

We know that Reira's father an American, is dead. but Takumi points out during thier nation wide tour, that her mother isn't, when Reira describes her coming back to thier home town as "visiting her grave".
this shows that Reira seems to resent her mother...
Is this Ryoko woman her mother?
if so that's a whole other scandal..
Shin has been sleeping with both Reira and Ryoko....

I'm not completely sure, but Ryoko is Reira's real name. and when he says "Looking as you this way, you don't look alike" maybe he's referring to the beautiful Reira everyone sees and the normal Ryoko that only Shin sees. Not sure, but that's what I got from it.  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff