Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Goths Of Today Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Unknown667

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:35 pm
To many goths of today only are what they are for shock values, most of you are ither really nice people who problay have lots of freinds and a life, and actr the way you do for shock values, others do it out of depression, but is there any realy goths left in the world?, the understanding, death is inevitable, Dark cloths, live in the night, bvad asses left, the origionals?? are there any left?! are any of you true goths?, is your wardrobe black?? do any of you study into the darknesses of the world and only find teh good left in the end? I know im seeming to heavy for a lot of people, but i want too know. Take my poll are you a true goth? Or a branckoff of the origional. I dont like posers, and am willing to accept anyone even if i dont like them. Resestance is futile, and death a mirror iimmage of life.. get used to it.. and may the dark protect you, not strike fear into your hearts  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:43 pm
I believe I am one of the last....  

Tom Gunn 666

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:55 pm
true goths aren't the badass ones, thats punk. the most depressing things i do is go to cemetaries and talk to a skull, so i dont think im very dark, just normal i guess  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:00 pm
Ugh, soapbox rant. I wouldn't worry too much about other people.  

Silenus Slade

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:08 pm
I'd like to say a few things..

One. True goths don't wear all black and i do hope you know this, Unknown...

Two. Of course there are true goths left, if their weren't, who would the posers pretend to be?

Three. Like Shanna said. True goths aren't badasses, it's punks that are badass.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:19 pm
Lady(Rayne)
I'd like to say a few things..

One. True goths don't wear all black and i do hope you know this, Unknown...

Two. Of course there are true goths left, if their weren't, who would the posers pretend to be?

Three. Like Shanna said. True goths aren't badasses, it's punks that are badass.

merci  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Phimms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:29 pm

1. Not all goths wear black. I wore all white one day and everyone said I looked scarier then ever. \>.2. And like some peole said, the punks are the badass ones. >.>
3. Let the posers be posers. Let them acked out and be idiots. If it gets out of hand flip there desk over at school or tell them to knock it off. It allways worked for my mom. o.O;

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:30 pm
I am only 16, so I obviously am not an original.
But, I try my hardest to be more like the originals and less like the posers.

I dont always wear all black, I like music of all kinds, I love literature old and new, I am highly tolerante of a persons sexuality, I am interested and curious in most things.
I do see things in a "Darker" way, but I dont let it over rule me I get over it and move on.
I indeed see death and suffering is inevitable, but live as best I can without worrying about it.

Like I said, I am to young to be an "Original", and go with it as best I can, I have always thought this way and kept the same interests and curiousity and as I have aged they grew and broadened with me.

I am sorry if this offends or displeases anyone.  

Al-aaraaf

Adrastea Venaris

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Not at all. Thing is, none of us could possibly be the originals. The originals are adults now. After all, The Goth subculture started in the 70s, as Lucifer_The_Death_Angel's thread so rightly says.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:38 pm
1) Even the oldest original goths (in reference to goths of the goth scene of the late 70's) are only 50, maybe 60 tops.

2) There is no solid defintion of what a "true goth" is, so asking us if we're "true goths" is perspective based.  

GilAskan
Crew

Artica_Maius-The_Fox_Born

3,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:57 pm
What Brought This Up Anyways?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:11 pm
Thanks to Lady(Rayne) for her words.

And also, the majority of us in this guild aren't even to the age of 21 yet, thus making it impossible for any of us to be "real" goths - meaning we were around when the scene gave birth.

MortSanglant

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:18 pm
MortSanglant
Thanks to Lady(Rayne) for her words.

And also, the majority of us in this guild aren't even to the age of 21 yet, thus making it impossible for any of us to be "real" goths - meaning we were around when the scene gave birth.

Quite true indeed. So really no one is an original, however, the spirit lies in many of us here, as our love of literature and the dark aspects of life binds us together.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:20 pm
Unknown667
To many goths of today only are what they are for shock values, most of you are ither really nice people who problay have lots of freinds and a life, and actr the way you do for shock values, others do it out of depression, but is there any realy goths left in the world?, the understanding, death is inevitable, Dark cloths, live in the night, bvad asses left, the origionals?? are there any left?! are any of you true goths?, is your wardrobe black?? do any of you study into the darknesses of the world and only find teh good left in the end? I know im seeming to heavy for a lot of people, but i want too know. Take my poll are you a true goth? Or a branckoff of the origional. I dont like posers, and am willing to accept anyone even if i dont like them. Resestance is futile, and death a mirror iimmage of life.. get used to it.. and may the dark protect you, not strike fear into your hearts

allright first off - do you know whta the ORIGINAL goths were???

they were not all about death, they weren't even all about black clothes, nor were they all noctornal.

goths are artists - who want to show their differences in the world. ARTISTS - whether that means writing, drawing - etc. , they wanted to show that they weren't just followers in the crowd - that they had there own personalities, and their own lives, and weren't just sheep.  

mee_shee

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:09 am
mee_shee
Unknown667

allright first off - do you know whta the ORIGINAL goths were???

they were not all about death, they weren't even all about black clothes, nor were they all noctornal.

goths are artists - who want to show their differences in the world. ARTISTS - whether that means writing, drawing - etc. , they wanted to show that they weren't just followers in the crowd - that they had there own personalities, and their own lives, and weren't just sheep.

You've actually got it wrong there....

The original goths were Germanic tribes who ransacked Rome.

Remember kids, pillage, THEN burn!

But, on a more serious note, I agree with you on the original goths of this era being artists. I've also heard some stuff about them commonly following the ideals of the romanticism movement of the 1800's. which really wouldn't suprise me. I myself am quite into the art, literature, and culture of the romanticism movement.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff