Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Ok, something I'm curious about.. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:46 am
In real life, i have a hard time making friends because I can be quite shy at times but im more confident than i was a year ago. Most people think im weird because my two main past times are video games and anime and its rare that i go out much. When im with most of the friends i have I'll get a funny look at times for things I say and its mainly only friends that i make online that truely understand me. I seem to get on better with people who are bit older or younger than me than those of my own age. Obviously this also makes it quite hard for me to get a girlfriend. The people who don't bother to get to know me think that im weird outright regardless. Basically what im curious about is am I really weird? or is the fact that i just look weird and that puts people off getting to know me? (check my sig for my pic)  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:52 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:58 am
thanks i'll bear that in mind smile  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:12 am
Glad to help ^^!  

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100

Zoutout

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:27 pm
I suck at social interactions, too.

Though, at that foreign student party, Yuriko (and to an extent Ai) were all over me. They misunderstood me when asking about my sex-life though, interpreting my answers as "I've had a girlfriend for 20 months, and I'm not sincere."
Needless to say, that wasn't what I meant.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:50 pm
Well, if any of the people on gaia were popular, they would not be here. If you are wondering where all the people like you are; they are here  

and_solo_said

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:14 pm
Hey! I'm not... Oh, what's the point. You're clearly right.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:49 pm
It's just that most girls in the UK are so obsessed with image and being stick thin that they don't even bother to get to know someone before they judge them. I hate all the sluts in our school so i go for older people. I just get along with them better than the people my age although i do have a couple of girl friends in my year and a ton of guys. It's because we're not like the rest of the sheep in out society and it scares them that we're different.
Personally anyone who likes monty python has to have great taste.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:39 pm
There are probably only two people in the world I know who share my very odd sense of humour...I tend to do things just to confuse people and laugh at their reactions. I quite often feel as if I'm just laughing at the world.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:56 am
whapcapn
There are probably only two people in the world I know who share my very odd sense of humour...I tend to do things just to confuse people and laugh at their reactions. I quite often feel as if I'm just laughing at the world.

Don't we all though? wink
I am not so much a freak like Owen, but more of a misplaced intellectual. Essex is NO place for one. *sigh*
sad  

Nebelstern
Crew

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:28 am
Kyos-girl
It's just that most girls in the UK are so obsessed with image and being stick thin that they don't even bother to get to know someone before they judge them. I hate all the sluts in our school so i go for older people. I just get along with them better than the people my age although i do have a couple of girl friends in my year and a ton of guys. It's because we're not like the rest of the sheep in out society and it scares them that we're different.

Thanks for that complement biggrin

Thank you all as well. All that you've said definately helps and im glad im in a guild like this biggrin

Oh and Nebelstern, think about what its like to be even remotely bright in the north-east of England within a 20 mile radius of Newcastle! (sorry i do like newcastle but the majority of people I meet in the north east are jerks and theres only a few people where i live that i consider my friends)  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:42 am
DragonRich
Kyos-girl

Thank you all as well. All that you've said definately helps and im glad im in a guild like this biggrin

Oh and Nebelstern, think about what its like to be even remotely bright in the north-east of England within a 20 mile radius of Newcastle! (sorry i do like newcastle but the majority of people I meet in the north east are jerks and theres only a few people where i live that i consider my friends)
It's the same in Bristol. Arg! I'm surrounded by chavs and morons! I even went outside the city to go to school. best thing I've ever done.  

Sephiroths samurai girl

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:44 am
Kyos-girl
DragonRich
Kyos-girl

It's the same in Bristol. Arg! I'm surrounded by chavs and morons! I even went outside the city to go to school. best thing I've ever done.

Unfortunately around where i live we seem to get more and more chavs by the second. On another note if i see another bloke wearing burberry i shall be forced to take drastic measures by calling the men in white coats to take them away  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:46 am
DragonRich
Kyos-girl

I suppose, however Essex has a notoriously bad reputation. sad  

Nebelstern
Crew

DragonRich

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:47 am
Nebelstern
DragonRich
Kyos-girl

I suppose, however Essex has a notoriously bad reputation. sad

At least you don't get two footballers on the same team decide they want a boxing match in the middle of a game!  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff