Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Myspace? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have one? Will you give it to me?
  Maybe
View Results

frigid gator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:47 pm
Does anyone here have a myspace or AIM??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:54 pm
I think we had a thread about MySpace a while back, but it's long dead.

Anywho, I hate MySpace. I had one. It was a waste of my life. I deleted it after jacking it up with html.

MortSanglant

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:09 pm
I'm strongly against myspace. It's not a matter of popularity or anything. I'm not just anti-myspace because it's so hugely popular. I've always been against it, ever since it first started up.

Why? Infringing on artist's rights.

Many people (including the artists who do this) don't realise that any unlicensed music an artist puts up on myspace becomes the property of myspace. It's a part of the band/artist contract, but is commonly over-looked or misinterpretted. I know a ton of artists who have to pay myspace royalties; they uploaded their music on myspace before copyrighting it, and now that they've signed to a label, they have to pay myspace to use their own music.

Yeah, it's part of the contract, but I still find it to be infringing on artist's rights.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 pm
GilAskan
I'm strongly against myspace. It's not a matter of popularity or anything. I'm not just anti-myspace because it's so hugely popular. I've always been against it, ever since it first started up.

Many people (including the artists who do this) don't realise that any unlicensed music an artist puts up on myspace becomes the property of myspace. It's a part of the band/artist contract, but is commonly over-looked or misinterpretted. I know a ton of artists who have to pay myspace royalties; they uploaded their music on myspace before copyrighting it, and now that they've signed to a label, they have to pay myspace to use their own music.

Yeah, it's part of the contract, but I still find it to be infringing on artist's rights.
FINALLY someone who shares my opinion!  

Tom Gunn 666

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:16 pm
I never knew that info about the music.

I just think that MySpace is an epidemic. It takes over the lives of people.

I know people that all they live for is MySpace.

There are t-shirts that say things like, "You were cuter on MySpace." etc...

There are references to it on movies and tv now. Movie previews include their MySpace links.

It's disgusting.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:27 pm
My sn is Jeffhardyv20 if anyone wants to IM me ^_^  

MISFIT a.d.

frigid gator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:39 pm
GilAskan

Wow, I thats stupid. I didn't know that...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:41 pm
The only reason I have a myspace, is because sometimes, they announce our highschool band schedule over the mail system... And to talk to all of my old friends that have moved away... It is alot cheaper than long distance calls...  

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

Dayanaria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:41 pm
I don't like myspace simply because I think it's

a) stupid (this isn't blind stupid, I just honestly think that it is, see further explanations)

b) It can gradually drag a person to tell too much about themselves and thus leave them wide open to predators. (There's a major crisis happening in the Eastern US where there is a sexual predator that is hunting down young girls through their MySpaces, so far there are 5 confirmed victims of the same guy, almost all the girls were pre-teen/teenagers) I don't believe in blogging for this same exact reason.

c) A person can be lawsuited for using an infringment on copywrites. Like for example they get a swf file somewhere online and put the code into their myspace without knowing that the person who orginally hosted the file had stolen it without permission, but the MySpace person is the one that gets caught using it, so the myspace person is the one that gets lawsuited (this has happened to a friend of mine)

d) MySpace can charge you money for over-use of bandwidth. If you put too many flash files onto your place and it exceeds their bandwidth they can legally charge you for that. (again has happened to a friend)

e) It can easily leave your computer open to hackers and malicous users (people who make viruses for example)

f) and did I mention that I just think it's plain out and out stupid? ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:42 pm
I use MySpace as a way to communicate with some people who have moved away from me, and we can save money by not talking on the phone.

I don't like it to much, I only got one so people would shut up.
I still don't like it much, but I find it a way to waste time....

Oh well.

I did not know that at all about the Music part.....that is just, evil.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

MOD66

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:54 pm
I have one just so i can talk to my MEAC friends  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:13 pm
Yea I have both
myspace: www.myspace.com/missbrightsidepunk
And my aim is in my little button box thing.  

FenderSkaface

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:07 am
I never got my band a myspace cause I heard of that music thing from someone else.I didn't beleve it until now I guess.
I have a page but only to talk to my long distance friends and people I know in bands.
I fnd it annoying the people who ask you to add them and then never talk to you again.(My friend)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:21 am
i have both, they're on my button thing...hey i'm the 13th post <3  

thehomo123455661

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:58 am
I didn't know about that music thing...

I have one to keep up with friends since I've moved away from them, or they themselves moved. I would cancel it, but most of them I can only talk to over myspace because I don't have their phone number. *slaps self* I need to ask them for it.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff