Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Non-Anime Related
What non-manga book are you reading right now? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:25 pm
I made this thread because I'm interested in knowing what some books the members are interested in. I'm probably going to make a non-anime movie thread here in this subforum too. :nod nod:

Anyway, right now I'm reading Les infortunes de la vertu and Justine by le Marquis Donatien Alphonse François de Sade. Strange choices for books, I know, but I like his works. I'm prone to read rather difficult books... XD;;

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:03 pm
Erm... a travel guide. heh heh... rolleyes  

p934

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:30 pm
i'm reading "The Cobra Event". I have to read it for AP Bio.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:31 pm
MadAzrael
I made this thread because I'm interested in knowing what some books the members are interested in. I'm probably going to make a non-anime movie thread here in this subforum too. :nod nod:

Anyway, right now I'm reading Les infortunes de la vertu and Justine by le Marquis Donatien Alphonse François de Sade. Strange choices for books, I know, but I like his works. I'm prone to read rather difficult books... XD;;

heart

I'm not reading anything half so interesting. I'm reading Kamakazi Girls and I'm starting Romance of the Three Kingdoms next month.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

p934

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:36 pm
Aside from the random travel guide, I am also reading moby d**k. Mostly because I have to, but I am rather enjoying it. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:49 pm
I also have to start "The Hot Zone" soon too... another AP Bio book.  

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

p934

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:54 pm
I've read that book. It's not bad.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:15 pm
Wyrn
MadAzrael

heart

I'm not reading anything half so interesting. I'm reading Kamakazi Girls and I'm starting Romance of the Three Kingdoms next month.
I just finished L'Histoire de Juliette last week, and L'Histoire d'O the week before. heart

Kamikaze girls...I rather liked that, but honestly I preferred the tragedy of Socrates in Love over that...

Next week, or next month, My Secret Live, perhaps... or The Dialogues of Luisa Sigea...or mayhaps Venus im Pelz by Leopold Ritter von Sacher-Masoch...but I am DEFINITELY reading L'Histoire d'O: Retour à Roissy. I never leave a series unfinished, after all. heart

Azrael the Mad
Crew

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:16 pm
Akito_lover_4_ever
Aside from the random travel guide, I am also reading moby d**k. Mostly because I have to, but I am rather enjoying it. rolleyes
I was going to say...if you didn't like Moby d**k, I would have gouged your eardrums out with a dull spork. D<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:58 pm
That sounds uncomfortable. Actually, it's a good book. Everyone told me how bad it was- including the employees at the library where I checked it out, but I really liked it.  

p934

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:25 pm
MadAzrael
Akito_lover_4_ever
I was going to say...if you didn't like Moby d**k, I would have gouged your eardrums out with a dull spork. D<
So violent my dear friend. eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:45 pm
Through the Looking Glass and Sylvie and Bruno both by Lewis Carrol  

VanillaCreamCoveredOreo
Vice Captain

Azrael the Mad
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:31 pm
Akito_lover_4_ever
That sounds uncomfortable. Actually, it's a good book. Everyone told me how bad it was- including the employees at the library where I checked it out, but I really liked it.
People keep saying how boring it is, but I rather liked it.

On a COMPLETELY different note, did you know that there's a Space Opera (Space Ship anime ala Tenchi Muyo and the like) anime that's loosely based on that book? It's called, naturally, Moby d**k. XD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:06 pm
wow! I didn't know that.  

p934

Shinrin Minto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:23 am
The Awakening by Chopin and Jane Eyre by C. Brontë.  
Non-Anime Related

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff