Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Too much to hope for? ^_^U

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mariammm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:19 am
Umm, well, I want to lose 112lbs in 40 days. Is it possible?

Lol, I hope it is, if not, what's the most I could lose in 40 days?

Thanks ^.^.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:47 am
Technically, most anything's possible.

However, there is no way you can healithily lose 112 lbs in 40 days. I would estimate that if you were to cut down your food to about 1200 or so healthy calories (fruits, veggies, lean meats, whole grains, lots of water) and exercise frequently (about 30 min a day, 5x a week, and don't forget resistance training to maintain muscle mass), you could lose about 2-2.5 lbs a week, for a total of 12-18 lbs in the approximately 6 weeks of summer you have left. But don't worry, if you lose even that much, it'll be noticable.

Yes, the more you exercise and the less you eat, the more you'll lose, but I'm going to assume you not only want to lose the weight, but keep it off too. So, the key is to create a diet and exercise plan that you can maintain once school starts. Things that are too extreme will leave you weak and tired and unable to focus during school. Additionally, it's much harder to convince yourself to continue to do long, tiring workouts. For example, if you jogged 3 miles each day in the summer, would you really feel like doing that much of a workout after school/homework/random extracuricular activities?

It's not so much a question of how do I lose weight as how do I live a healthier lifestyle. Like, take the stairs, not the elevator. Walk (or ride a bike) to places within realistic walking distance instead of getting a ride. Instead of two pieces of pizza, eat one. And if you're still hungry, have a small salad with a low calorie dressing. Small stuff like that. It'll add up eventually, and you'll feel better both physically and mentally (Working out releases endorphins which put you in a good mood. It's also a great stress/tension reliever).  

Statistical Anomaly

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:04 am
If you lose that much in 40 days, your body will shut down, and you'll die.
SImple as that.

I'd say 30lbs is feasable, anything over 20 a month is usually considered unhealthy.

Losing weight quickly usually results in lost skin elastisity, and 'bags of extra skin' hanging from parts with the greatest fat loss.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:00 am
I'd say that was too much to lose in such a short time. If you lose to much it can be unhealthy...I know that's not probably what you want to hear though.

I would say like the others, a healthy weight lose is around 1-2lbs a week...over 40 days that would be (about 6 weeks)...is around 12lbs. You never know though, if you cut down on the unhealthy foods, and eat healthy and do plenty of exercise (not enough that you can't handle) you may lose more than 2lbs a week....I wouldn't advise going to much over that though.

Although it may also depend on how over weight you are, the bigger you are the more weight you will lose when doing exercise because you are using much more energy than someone who weighs less. Just be careful with what you plan to do and possible consult your doctor if you plan to change anything drastically.  

Deadlock Victim

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games