Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations
[fanfiction][kougaxsessh/?] The Children of Demons (3parts)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whatcha think of Sesshy+Kouga???
  New and exciting!
  Ew, no.
  Not sure yet.
View Results

Coy Face

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:48 pm
PART ONE:

The night was clear and cool; the wind sent icy breaths all through the forest. Going against this cold breeze, another wind was trailing at a fiery speed behind a blur of power, enter the wolf-demon Kouga. His black hair whipped around. He was running for his life. He was ashamed. The remaining few members of the pack he had brought along into the battle had perished, and now the creature was nothing compared to the shame he felt for what he was doing. Damn, thought the wolf-demon, I can’t be doing this! I have to avenge my comrades! My family… For a moment he thought of stopping and facing the enemy, but he knew that meant certain death. But did it really matter? The last remaining member of the pack was running from his enemy like his life now had meaning. That was the last thing that crossed his mind before his instincts took over. He slid to a stop, leaving a cloud of dust to drift on the breeze behind him. His blue eyes flashed maliciously in the face of his foe, a great black shadow, finally materializing as the wicked Naraku. Kouga snarled angrily. Naraku smiled as he watched Kouga’s growing fury.
“What’s wrong,” Naraku said, “Are you going to keep running or shall I make your suicide quick and painless for you?” He laughed scathingly. Kouga stood his ground.
“That’s enough!” Kouga shouted. “You killed my brothers! Now I am the only remaining member of my wolf-demon tribe. I will not run from you! Not any longer! I will avenge my kin or die trying!”
Naraku pouted. “You aren’t going to make it easy for me, are you, Kouga? No matter, I still have over three times the number of jewel shards you possess. Don’t worry, it will all be over soon.”
Naraku extended his hand to Kouga, smiling unpleasantly. Suddenly his face twisted into a look of confusion and horror. Kouga had never seen Naraku in such a state. It was only for a split second. As quick as lightning, a flash of white blasted out of the woods and a great blade sliced through Naraku’s waist. Naraku fell in two pieces onto the ground. Kouga stood, paralyzed in utter shock. The upper half of Naraku vanished in a puff of smoke and the bottom half shriveled into what looked like a pile of dead sticks. Kouga looked around for the white flash to find in his view the regal figure of Sesshomaru, Inuyasha’s older brother. Sesshomaru stared down on Naraku’s remains. He stepped gingerly on the twigs. They snapped beneath him.
“Another puppet, I see,” He said softly, his deep warm voice was unshaken.
Kouga stared with wide eyes at Sesshomaru. “Why…did you…?” His voice was catching in his throat. Sesshomaru held up his hand to silence him. Kouga was silent. Sesshomaru took a few steps toward Kouga, who was frozen in place, until he stood no less than two feet from him.
“Are you all right?” Sesshomaru cocked his head to one side in question. Kouga averted his eyes to the ground in shame. Sesshomaru drifted closer, until he was only inches from Kouga. Looking down on him, Sesshomaru’s amber eyes shone like fire in the reflection of Kouga’s blue-ocean eyes. Painful sobs had begun to swell in Kouga’s throat. He tried his best to suppress them. Sesshomaru must have seen this, for his mood was not the usual one of silent indifference, but one of heart-felt concern, though it didn’t show in his expression. Unexpectedly, Kouga found himself pulled into an embrace; his arms crushed between his chest and Sesshomaru’s, Sesshomaru’s hand affectionately cradling him. He was finally able to speak, but it was still not clear, due to the cries he was still resisting.
“Sesshomaru…what is the meaning of this…?”
Sesshomaru made a sound to silence him once more. “You and Inuyasha are very much alike. Though you quarrel as rivals, deep down you feel a certain kind of affection for each other, this being the love shared between brothers. Inuyasha is my brother, by blood, and therefore I must protect him. Because you two share this bond, I consider you to be a little like a brother to me; one who I must protect at any cost.”
Kouga was so taken aback by Sesshomaru’s words that he could no longer hold back his tears; some of which had already begun to flow from his eyes. He held tightly to Sesshomaru and wept quietly. Sesshomaru’s loving hand caressed him gently on the shoulder. Kouga could feel soft fur brushing against his cheek; he buried his face in Sesshomaru’s chest. Sesshomaru held him close. Letting his face rest over Kouga’s, he turned Kouga’s face to his and kissed his forehead lightly, Kouga’s lamentation getting progressively milder. He looked up into the face of his protector, whose eyes were shining like gold in the moonlight. Sesshomaru placed his hand warmly on Kouga’s cheek, and pulled his face gently closer to his own; until they were so close that Kouga could feel Sesshomaru’s warm breath on his lips. He brushed his hands through Sesshomaru’s long, silvery-white hair and let his wrists rest on his broad shoulders. Kouga placed his hands on the back of Sesshomaru’s neck, suddenly feeling his mouth drawn to Sesshomaru’s and their lips met, calm and relaxed; Kouga shut his eyes. Sesshomaru however did not shut his eyes to indulge the moment, but were cast sideways staring into the woods beside Kouga and himself. He was sure he could still catch the reek of Naraku, all around them. Maybe it was just the wind, or just his imagination… suddenly Kouga thrust his tongue into Sesshomaru’s mouth, breaking his train of thought. Their fangs were hitting each other, causing an uncomfortable numb sensation in Sesshomaru’s teeth. He grasped Kouga by the shoulder and pulled him away from himself. Kouga stared back dejectedly at Sesshomaru, thoroughly disappointed. Sesshomaru gave him a stern glance, then put his eyes back into the woods around them.
“Sesshomaru.” Kouga said not breaking his gaze. “What’s bothering you?”
Sesshomaru’s voice was surprisingly anxious. “I sense there’s someone nearby. We can’t be seen like this– ”
Kouga interrupted with a laugh. He caressed Sesshomaru’s face gently. “Please, I don’t sense anyone besides you and me.”
Sesshomaru flipped the hand off with an irritated toss of his head, “You mean to say you don’t sense anyone except you and me. You can’t, you’re too absorbed.”
“It’s your fault.” Kouga said slyly. Sesshomaru was unmoved. “Sesshomaru, stop being paranoid. There’s no one here– ”
“You don’t know that for certain!” Sesshomaru said staring harshly into Kouga’s eyes. “There’s someone else out here, I know it!”
Kouga brushed Sesshomaru’s hand angrily from his shoulder and took a step back. “I don’t need this.” He growled. “I have more important things to do than argue with mutt-face’s older brother. I’ve got to find Naraku and avenge my pack!” With that he turned and shot like a bullet into the woods, leaving Sesshomaru in a cloud of dust. Sesshomaru waited for the dust to clear and shook his head.
Foolish Kouga, you are more like my brother than I had expected.
He turned back in the opposite direction that Kouga left and walked calmly into the darkness. The forest was quite silent now, when a figure emerged from the shadows. A wicked grin crossed his face.
So, Sesshomaru and Kouga…I would not have guessed you two shared such intimate moments as this. Poor unfortunate wolf, you should have listened to your lover’s words… but it is too late now. We’ll see how Sesshomaru handles having his beloved pup taken from him… With a quiet laugh, Naraku disappeared.

~End of part one~  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:55 pm
PART TWO:

“The woods are quiet this evening.” Jaken’s little arms were folded over his chest; the Staff of Two Heads was leaning out from his shoulder. Rin, singing, followed close behind the tall, royal figure of Lord Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru was not listening, not to Jaken’s babbling or Rin’s soprano hum, he was listening to the wind drifting softly around them. The scent was that of the coming winter; already the air was pleasantly cold. The demon’s long white hair waved about him. It was a nice evening, to be sure, and Sesshomaru was in an unusually good mood. As they emerged from the woods, Rin and Jaken were finally silent. Sunset had come and gone; dusk was settling in. Sesshomaru stopped in the clearing. He decided that this would be an excellent place to sleep, with the lake so close by and the mountains on the opposite of the valley, when he thought he could sense the presence of another demon no far off. It was a familiar scent, a wolf’s scent. Kouga…so you’re here as well. What a—pleasant surprise. His thoughts drifted back to the time when he and Kouga had been in the forest together, how he had held Kouga in his arms and how Kouga had kissed him…and of the ever-present sense that someone was watching them. He repressed a shudder, and wandered over to a nearby tree and stretched out under it. He let his fur drop from his shoulders, leaving it to encircle him like the land around a lagoon. His sparkling amber eyes wandered solemnly from star to star; trying to keep his mind wandering as well, but all his thoughts led back to Kouga.
“Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin’s little voice rang out. Sesshomaru turned his gaze on her. His eyes softened. Rin was a good sweet child. Her round face was pouting and Jaken was yelling something indistinguishable.
“What is it, Rin?” said Sesshomaru.
“Will you put my hair up for me? Jaken can’t do it right.” She said. Jaken was yelling and shaking his fist at her. Sesshomaru was amused.
“Can you not do it yourself?” He cocked his head slightly to one side.
Rin wrung her hands and looked off into space. “I could, but I can’t do it as well as you, Lord Sesshomaru, it always looks so much better when you do it. Please?” Her eyes were pleading. Sesshomaru was defeated by her sweetness—he even smiled a little, and sitting up, nodded to her to come closer. Rin squeaked with happiness and ran to Sesshomaru. He led her onto his lap and ran his fingers like a comb through her soft black hair. Jaken had left to get a drink. Rin babbled on about her adventures with Aun and Jaken while Sesshomaru was out (which led him once again to the memory of Kouga) and he simply nodded or made a sound of approval as he finished tying her hair up into a little ponytail that was slightly off to one side, like she always wanted it.
“There—all finished.” Sesshomaru dropped his hand to the side of him. Rin jumped up and danced around, flipping her hair and singing. Sesshomaru smiled again, he couldn’t resist; she was just too adorable. She ran to him and hugged him, something she had never done before, and snuggled close to his cheek.
“Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru!”
Sesshomaru was taken a little by surprise, but soon realized that there was no harm in her hugging him, she was merely expressing her gratitude s any child would, and so he returned her embrace with a fatherly cuddle. Rin looked up at him.
“Lord Sesshomaru, you don’t mind if I—sleep with you tonight, do you? Jaken snores and it keeps me awake.” He laughed quietly at this. “So can I? Please?” She was still holding on to him. Sesshomaru thought about denying her, but it was such a simple and innocent request, and he would hate to see her broken-hearted.
“I suppose,” He said, Rin’s face lighting up as he said it, “just this once.”
Rin hugged him again. He situated himself so they could both sleep comfortably. Rin was lying on Sesshomaru, her head on his chest near his shoulder; draped over with his sleeve and his fur, she let her head fall forward and nearer to Sesshomaru snuggling him, and he returned it with a gentle embrace of his arm. She wrapped her own arms around his and was soon sleeping soundly. He looked at her, pondering why she still followed him so loyally. He saved her with the Tenseiga after the wolves had killed her; perhaps she was so loyal for that reason, or for the fact that she had no other place to go. Sesshomaru pondered on this, thinking now that he really enjoyed having her around, one, to baby-sit Jaken, and two, he just cared a lot about her, like a daughter, almost. He leaned his cheek against the top of her head and shut his eyes. Suddenly a sound—He opened his eyes and stared calmly about him, searching…another sound. His eyes darted to across the lake, where he saw a figure running along the bank towards them. Sesshomaru recognized the figure immediately—it was Kouga. Kouga slid to a stop about fifty yards away and walked quietly until he was in plain view, his blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight. He stared at Sesshomaru with a strange look. Sesshomaru never even blinked.
“Fancy meeting you here, Sesshomaru,” Kouga said nonchalantly. Sesshomaru was unmoved. “I see you’ve got a child with you. Is it your own?” His face was masking anxiety, and not well. Sesshomaru still stared.
“You could say that…” His piercing eyes narrowed, the light reflected the gold in them, making his eyes glow. “Do you recognize this girl, Kouga?” A shake of his head told him that Kouga did not understand where he was going with this conversation. “It is the girl from the village you set your wolves on, the one they killed and left to rot in the forest.”
Kouga was slightly stunned. “And how did you manage to come across her? Alive? You just said she was dead when you found her.” His attempt at swaying Sesshomaru’s quiet defense was useless.
“Please. My father may have left Inuyasha the Tetsusaiga, a sword that can kill a hundred demons in one fatal swing—a sword that should have been left to me—but he left me with the Tenseiga, useless for killing; a blade that does not cut…” Sesshomaru touched the hilt of Tenseiga with his fingertips. Kouga was fidgeting anxiously. “A blade that wards off death and returns those who have died to the realm of the living.”
Kouga was silent.
Sesshomaru’s cold metallic eyes narrowed further on Kouga. Kouga’s gaze settled on the sleeping girl under Sesshomaru’s arm. How he wished it was he who was in that embrace, and that it was he who Sesshomaru loved, as he seemed to love this girl!
“You—love this girl, Sesshomaru? This human girl?” Kouga asked, disheartened and disgusted.
Sesshomaru looked calmly at him, seeing Kouga’s weakness in asking this question. He grinned to himself, and tightened his embrace around Rin. Just to aggravate Kouga, he kissed her tenderly on the forehead, never breaking eye contact with him, and was amused by Kouga’s growing frustration. Kouga’s face was turning red with anger.
“I don’t find that very funny, Sesshomaru.”
“I do.” Sesshomaru stated flatly. He smiled and kissed Rin once again, sweetly, his face lingering near hers afterward. Kouga was fuming.
“This is madness. Why am I even here talking to you? You are the brother of my enemy! I should have killed you in the woods last I saw you!”
Sesshomaru raised his eyebrows slightly. “Why are you talking to me, Kouga? I don’t see any reason for you to be here, and I don’t believe you were in any condition to kill back there, Kouga, as I remember, you were–”
“Shut up,” Kouga growled, “Don’t say another word!”
Sesshomaru looked at Kouga calmly, his eyes glowing beautifully in the night. “Be gone with you then, Wolf-demon. You have no business with me.” He shut his eyes and rested his cheek against Rin. Kouga’s face lost all anger and was almost saddened.
“Sesshomaru…you—really do love this child…don’t you?” His voice was shaking. That girl meant more to Sesshomaru than anything. Kouga could see it. But he wanted so for Sesshomaru to love him, not as a brother, but as something more.
Sesshomaru brushed Rin’s cheek. With a cold glare at Kouga, he whispered.
Leave, now.
Kouga was once again enraged. He growled under his breath, then turned and ran full-speed back into the woods. Sesshomaru shook his head. Dear Kouga, you’re too bold. Just like my brother… He then looked to Rin, who was looking, wide-eyed, back at him! Sesshomaru, though startled her being awake, showed nothing to display the fact. Rin’s face was softly lit by the dawn’s light.
“Lord Sesshomaru… do you really love me, like he said?” Her little voice was at a whisper. Sesshomaru smiled, kissed Rin on the forehead and gave her a fatherly hug. Rin laughed quietly. “What if Jaken finds out? Won’t he be surprised?”
Sesshomaru looked off toward the direction of the lake. “I don’t think we have to worry about that…” They could hear Jaken snoring nasally. Rin laughed out loud.
“See? I told you he snores!”
Sesshomaru moved his arm and picked up a rock. “Here’s how you deal with that.” He threw the rock toward the sound; the two of them heard Jaken cry out in distress of once again getting smacked in the head with something… or something along those lines. Rin laughed. The sun was showing over the trees now. Sesshomaru let Rin up first; then stood behind her. She was gazing into the sky.
“How beautiful it is! Lord Sesshomaru, do you see?”
Sesshomaru agreed and put an affectionate hand on her shoulder. However, his mind was on other matters…

Kouga had not stopped running since Sesshomaru had told him to leave. Tears were streaming from his eyes. Why couldn’t you feel that way for me? I have no one left either. I am responsible for the deaths of my comrades. You are the only one I can turn to now, and you have shunned me away. That girl… your heart is set with her. What has she done to receive such affection from you? Why can’t you have any affection for me? Kouga was unable to run any longer. He was exhausted. He fell to his knees, panting; then realized where he was. It was the clearing where he had been with Sesshomaru. He collapsed, unable to move any longer. A shadow slinked through the trees and over Kouga’s motionless body. It materialized as Naraku, wearing the baboon skin. A smile crossed his face. Denied again, Kouga? That’s too bad. Come with me now… Naraku lifted the wolf-demon’s body in his arms and they vanished.

~End of part two~  

Coy Face

Coy Face

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 4:03 pm
PART THREE:

Sesshomaru sensed it the moment it had happened.
His eyes narrowed and he looked vigilantly in the direction Kouga had left. When Kouga’s scent had mixed with that of Naraku and then vanished, Sesshomaru knew what had happened. Foolish wolf, Sesshomaru thought, bitterly, Look what you’ve gotten yourself into now. This is why you shouldn’t wear your emotions out on your sleeves-
“Lord Sesshomaru?” Rin said with concern in her voice. He didn’t turn back to face her.
“Go to Jaken. Take Aun and go away from this place as quickly as you can. Tell him I shall return to you as soon as I’m finished here.” She had nodded and begun to leave when he summoned her attention again. She turned to him.
“And if you can…” Sesshomaru said, still gazing into the woods with narrow eyes, “Seek out my brother.”
Rin turned and ran to the lakeside where Jaken was peacefully fishing. Sesshomaru watched them climb onto Aun and ascend into the clouds. He then headed quickly away, following Naraku’s scent.

“Inuyasha! Wait!”
Kagome and the others had stopped on the trail. Inuyasha growled, cursed, and returned to them. He could smell Naraku all over this place. All he had to do was follow it.
“What now?” Inuyasha said angrily. He looked into the distance and saw for what they had stopped him. “My brother’s little tagalongs, huh? What do they want?”
Aun had landed them not too far from Inuyasha and the others. Rin and Jaken hopped off and ran to Inuyasha.
Rin was anxious, “Inuyasha.”
“Yeah?” He looked down on the little girl.
“Lord Sesshomaru asked me to find you and bring you to him. He needs help, Inuyasha!”
Inuyasha looked surprised. “My brother needs my help?” “What for, I’m busy here-!”
“It’s about Naraku! I know it!”
“Naraku? He knows where he is? He found him?” Inuyasha had knelt to Rin’s level. “Before I did??”
The others sweat-dropped.
“I don’t know, but he seemed like it. He was talking to a wolf-demon last night and after he left—”
“Wolf-demon?” Inuyasha growled. “Kouga, you cowardly—”
“And after he left, Lord Sesshomaru told us to leave that place and find you!” Suddenly Rin grasped Inuyasha by the collar. “He needs you, Inuyasha!”
Rin’s eyes were teary. Inuyasha had no idea what to say next. He stared at the little girl clutching his collar. What was there to say? He couldn’t refuse such a darling child, as much as he hated to admit it, but she obviously loved Sesshomaru. He stood, picking up Rin with him, and set her on his back.
“Show me the way, there’s no time to waste!” Inuyasha called back to Jaken and Aun. Rin held tightly to Inuyasha as they followed Jaken’s lead. Sango, Shippo, Miroku, and Kagome all looked at each other with confusion on their faces. Sango took Miroku by the wrist and hopped back on Kirara and Kagome got back on her bicycle as Shippo held fast to the basket.

Naraku paced the floor, his baboon skin discarded, as Kouga awakened. After realizing he had been kidnapped, he struggled to move, then realizing that he was also tied up and gagged. Naraku turned to him and smiled. Not the usual cold-hearted smile, either. It was a warm welcoming smile. Kouga, severely confused, found this smile mocking. He again tried to stand, with no success. His captor chuckled like a father laughs when his baby speaks to him. Kouga was enraged and confused. He tried to yell at Naraku, but it came out muffled and desperate. Naraku laughed again.
“Dear Kouga, there’s no point in that. No one hears you.” The wicked grin was back. “I thought you’d know that by now.” He knelt in front of Kouga, who was absolutely livid. “Poor, lonely wolf, not even your canine brethren listen to you, do they?” Kouga’s angry eyes melted into those of a puppy come face-to-face with the back of its master’s hand. How could Naraku have known? Did he know how he felt about Sesshomaru? Naraku looked away, faking sadness. “Lonely, lonely wolf…all you want is to be understood. But no one understands. How could he understand? The brother of your rival?”
Kouga knew at that moment that he had been defeated. His cover blown, he hung his head in shame as tears streamed down his cheeks. He felt Naraku’s thin fingertips brush them away. Looking up, he saw concern in Naraku’s eyes. It was different than Sesshomaru’s cold, indifferent stare. It was real concern. Kouga stared into Naraku’s sympathetic gaze, lost and confused. He honestly didn’t know what to think. Here was his enemy—the one who had slaughtered his brothers, the same who tried to kill him along with them—gazing compassionately into his very soul. What is going on here? Kouga’s eyes fell on Naraku’s lips, slightly turned down, but relaxed. He felt his restraints loosen and dissolve. He took the cloth out of his mouth and summoned Naraku to him with both hands into a deep and passionate kiss.
Naraku was totally taken off-guard. This was unexpected. Why had Sesshomaru not come to save his beloved pet? What if he were to show up now, and see them in this state? He found himself asking suddenly if he even cared that Sesshomaru might see him. What did it matter what Sesshomaru thought of it? Kouga was dragging Naraku down on top of him. Naraku didn’t know what was going on. Kouga seemed to know perfectly. Every motion, touch, and kiss was practiced, perfected, and magnificently executed. Kouga was a dream; he had to be. This couldn’t actually be happening; he couldn’t actually be enjoying it, it had to be some kind of twisted hallucination. At that moment someone burst through the ceiling.
“Naraku!” Inuyasha shouted. The rest of the group entered through the doorway. Their eyes fell upon the two bodies entwined on the floor. Inuyasha’s face screwed up into a look of utter confusion and shock. “…Kouga??”
Kouga broke his kissing Naraku to look up in disgust and annoyance. “Mutt-face? What are you doing here?”
Inuyasha’s confusion was evident in his voice. “What are you doing on the floor—with him??” Kagome and Sango had gone red in the face; Miroku looked off in another direction grinning with an I-always-knew-something-was-odd-about-Kouga expression, and Shippo scratched his head, staring blankly. Rin looked down on them with naïve ignorance.
“You’re the man who came to talk to Lord Sesshomaru last night!” Rin pointed.
“This flea-bag was after my brother??” Inuyasha shouted. Miroku shook his head, grinning. Kagome and Sango looked nervously at each other. Shippo had retreated to his basket, peeking out shyly. Naraku was thrown gracelessly off of Kouga as he stood and faced Inuyasha. The others watched Naraku roll over once and then remain motionless on the floor, staring blankly. Inuyasha and Kouga were yelling.
“Tell me why you’re here, mutt-face!”
“I ain’t telling you anything, you mangy wolf, I always knew you were messed up in the head from the day I met you.”
“Hey, t-that was an accident, what just happened here, I-I don’t go that way.”
“That didn’t look like any accident.”
“Hey, shut up! You don’t know anything!”
“Tell me what you wanted with my brother.” Inuyasha’s teeth glittered as he spoke. Kouga’s gaze fell on Rin, who was standing by Kagome and Sango.
“You wretched thing!” He glared angrily at Rin, who gasped and took a step back between the girls. “You’re the person Sesshomaru holds most dear! You, a human child! What is it that he sees in you that he does not see in me? My wolves killed you and he brought you back to life—why? Why do you deserve to live? Why do you deserve to be loved so—by the one I wish had that much love for me!
Kouga had become a whiny baby with all his raging. He was red in the face, and his eyes were getting teary. Inuyasha stared at Kouga, absolutely stupefied. Naraku had folded his arms over his chest and was daydreaming on the floor behind Kouga, looking brutally embarrassed. Suddenly a shadow appeared over them. As they looked back, they saw familiar glowing-amber eyes. Sesshomaru descended gracefully into the room through the crude opening in the roof his brother had made. The room was silent. Sesshomaru peered on Kouga; his eyes narrowed slightly. Kouga looked on with his puppy-face, waiting for his master’s blow. Sesshomaru instead said nothing. Kouga was so close to tears it was painful. Sesshomaru spoke to him, but not to him, to everyone:
“This only shows: that humans and demons are alike in more ways than one.” He said, closing his eyes, “Though some are more willing to express it, we both have emotions, and we can both feel pain—not just physical pain, but psychological pain as well—be it hidden or openly. Inuyasha,” Sesshomaru turned to look at his brother, “You’ve suffered much. All you’ve lost: our father, Kikyo, fifty years of your life, and not once has it shown to me. For this I admire you.” Inuyasha looked slightly startled, but nodded. “Naraku,” Sesshomaru growled, Naraku looked up at him casually. “What you planned to do here I haven’t the slightest idea. But whatever it was, it turned out to be completely pointless. All you’ve done is made a fool out of yourself.” Miroku snorted. The girls looked at him. Sesshomaru shut his eyes again and released a breath. “Kouga.”
Kouga had turned averted his eyes. He couldn’t look at Sesshomaru now, not after nearly enticing Naraku into a passionate night of romance and excitement. He didn’t acknowledge Sesshomaru, but Sesshomaru knew he was listening.
“I keep my position. You and I are like brothers, as you and Inuyasha are like each other.” With that he turned to leave, but with one more statement: “Brothers—and nothing more.”
Kouga stared after him desperately. He dropped backwards, landed in a sitting position. Inuyasha watched his brother leave, just then he stopped again. He turned his head to the side and looked across the room at the girls. He met Rin’s frightened eyes from behind Kagome. “Rin,” he said regally, and she ran to him; clinging to his arm, they walked out together. The group could see Aun and Jaken waiting outside. Rin turned back to them and then ran on in front of Sesshomaru.
“Sesshomaru!” Inuyasha shouted. But no answer returned. Seconds later Sesshomaru, Rin, Jaken, and Aun were gone. All eyes returned to Kouga. For a demon, he looked remarkably human, Kagome thought, sitting there on the floor, still trying to grasp what Sesshomaru had said. She thought about Sesshomaru’s words—Humans and demons are alike…we can both feel pain… Inuyasha had noticed before anyone else that Naraku had made a sneaky escape, and they would have to trail him again. After some mild cursing, he was ready to move on with his search. Kouga remained perfectly still until Kagome approached him.
“It’s alright, Kouga,” Kagome said reassuringly, “Everything will become clear someday, for all of us. All we need is patience.” Then she stood and walked quickly after Inuyasha. Sango walked by with Kirara and Shippo without a word. Only Miroku was left. He too knelt before Kouga. He narrowed his eyes slightly.
“I know how you feel, Kouga. I too have been rejected, many times, in the world of love. So I must ask you this.” He took Kouga’s hands in his own. Kouga looked at the monk in confusion. Miroku looked at him with sincerity.
“Will you bare my children?”

The monk left the temple laughing. The group turned to see a red handprint on Miroku’s cheek. Sango’s eyes widened. “You didn’t, Miroku!”
He looked at her with beautiful dark eyes. “I apologize, I just couldn’t let him live that one down.”
Inuyasha looked at him, sarcasm showing clearly on his face. “You’re just as messed up as that mangy wolf.”
Miroku shrugged. “I just couldn’t help myself.”
“Yeah, sure.” Inuyasha turned back around and continued walking.
Kagome was the only one to look back as they were leaving the temple. She saw Kouga in the doorway looking after them as they walked with the saddest expression she had ever seen on him. She wanted to help him, to ease the pain for him, but she didn’t know how to do so. She saw his eyes meet hers and she smiled at him. Kouga was a little confused by Kagome’s happy face, but somehow it made him feel a little better to know that Kagome cared about him. He grinned back at her and gave her a hotshot and a wink. She blushed, but was pleased to see he was going to be all right in time.

~END~  
[The Arena]________Fanfiction & Fanart & Original Creations

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff