Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witches Weekly--Updated July 15th, seriously. -- old topic Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:09 pm
Tea and I are redoing the Witches Weekly. I will have a new sticky topic and questions starting very very soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:09 pm
What do you find most annoying about the Pagan Community?

The lack of value judgement. Not every idea is equal to another. If it can't be supported , why should you follow it as if it has the same value as another idea that is backed with lots of support.

Are there any specific symbols that are sacred to you or that you hold close to you?

To me, I love this 12 pointed flower with a circle in the center, it reminds me of the Olympians and Hestia, without being obtrustive. I'm also fond of the lyre.

What's one thing that you think the Pagan Community needs?

To be unified only enough to share ideas, but disorganized enough so that Pagan doesn't always mean a member of an "Earth-based" religion. We need to embrace the term as an umbrella, rather than as a measurement.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Styskel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:52 pm
Nuri
Each week, I will post the new questions from Witches Weekly here, and I invite you all to answer them.

"More Pagan Community"

The ignorance and refusal to learn on the part of some, and the intolerance for other unnamed beliefs that some people seem to think is necessary.

Nuri
Are there any specific symbols that are sacred to you or that you hold close to you?

To me the sword is an important symbol. I also hold cats close.

Nuri
People who can think, and people who are attractive that can represent the movement (basic marketting, as we need to sell the fact that it's ok for us to be here).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:31 pm
Nuri

The way that some Pagans will bad-mouth other Pagans without knowing anything about them, just so that they can feel like they're "in the know" and involved in the community.

Nuri

The bat, the spiral and the Ouroboros.

Nuri

People who really know themselves.  

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

Merlin the White

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:46 am
Nuri
Each week, I will post the new questions from Witches Weekly here, and I invite you all to answer them.

"More Pagan Community"

The fact that adult pagans seem to jump to the conclusion that since I'm a tennage wiccan, I'm automatically a "Charmed" wannabe. If they knew anything about the form of the religion I practice they'd know I'm not even close to thinking like that.

Quote:

Other than the pentagram, nothing that many people would recognise, since most are either buddhist, or borrowed from the philosophy of bushido.

Quote:

A way to get rid of all the "Charmed" wannabees, and people who think that wicca, etc, are happiness and light religions, so we can start work on repairing our image in the eyes of the public and show them that we are serious, not just a bunch of uneducated bozos that can't seperate fantasy from reality.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:25 am
The fact that it has a reputation now because of certain teenagers...

The Star of Chaos, the pentagram, Armonia's Star.

Better understanding. I've seen one too many sites bashing other pagans. We need to get along. Somehow. gonk  

Ess

Sarevael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:36 am

Sometimes I don't see enough being done by us to try and remove negative stereotypes. I see it being reinforced too often by those of other faiths... 'Charmed,' 'The Craft,' the chick on 'Mad, Mad House.' (I sorta liked the last one, but not for her. The vampire guy sort of amused me, and I liked the naturist.)

Cats, certain birds, and, oddly, the Eye of Horus. I do very little work with the Egyptian pantheon (if anything comes up, it's usually with Bastet), but I've always found the Eye very powerful for me.

More open dialogue with other faiths with the other faiths actually listening and not judging. More unity within our groups to present a positive view of what we do. I'm just really a proponent of interfaith work and challenges... heck, my boyfriend of almost four years is a fundamentalist Christian. And yes, he accepts my faith, which has always been a shock to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:41 am
Nuri

That people expect there to be some sort of huge, harmonious whole where everyone is on the same level and gets along well. Friction and disagreement are natural parts of human interaction, and to try to pretend a religion change should somehow alter that only forces those issues underground, instead of keeping them visible and developing ways to cope with them.

Nuri

The Thor's Hammer, of course, as well as the valknut, a golden snake, a viking boat, and an eight legged horse.

Nuri

Time, and for people to accept that in time things will clear out more. We're at the beginning of religions, here; beginnings are almost always messy and murky.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:58 pm
hmm. Both the fact that we often do such a great job of discrediting ourselves that we don't even need fundamentalists to attack Paganism. ..and also how the anti-fluffy rationalist movement has somewhat diminished our capacity to be supportive of one another. (mainly from what I observe on Gaia. we're rather cynical, you know..)

mmmm...the pentagram, occasionally hexagrams, elk, pinnipeds, and robins. among others.

time to develop, more mainstream literature focused on pagan history, better interfaith relations. Possibly the destruction of Lewellyn publishing. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:33 pm
WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST ANNOYING ABOUT THE PAGAN COMMUNITY?

What I find most annoying are those "occultists" who hide behind "magic shops" and try to suck teens in. They don't really believe..they just want your time and money...I have met a girl who was sucked into one of these, and when she found out the truth--that The Goddess will NOT punish you for not sacrificing a lamb and bathing in its blood--she turned from the Pagan religion completely and became a Baptist. Now, there's nothing wrong w/baptists, but.....y'know, they killed her faith!

WHAT SYMBOL IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

I use the pentagram, the spiral&Triskel, the three moon diagram )O(, and the rune of Thorn.

WHAT'S THE ONE THING THAT YOU THINK THE PAGAN COMMUNITY NEEDS?

We need to be open. We need to start orginisations that show that we are not a selfish religion, that we care for the sake and state of the earth and the people. We need to somehow get the message out that we are not just a community that dances naked and waves wands... heart heart
WHAT DO YOU  

xKelpiex

xKelpiex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:34 pm
ummm, sorry it went twice!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:42 pm
WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST ANNOYING ABOUT THE PAGAN COMMUNITY?

What I find most annoying are those "occultists" who hide behind "magic shops" and try to suck teens in. They don't really believe..they just want your time and money...I have met a girl who was sucked into one of these, and when she found out the truth--that The Goddess will NOT punish you for not sacrificing a lamb and bathing in its blood--she turned from the Pagan religion completely and became a Baptist. Now, there's nothing wrong w/baptists, but.....y'know, they killed her faith!(The "occultists" that is)

WHAT SYMBOL IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

I use the pentagram, the spiral&Triskel, the three moon diagram )O(, and the rune of Thorn.

WHAT'S THE ONE THING THAT YOU THINK THE PAGAN COMMUNITY NEEDS?

We need to be open. We need to start orginisations that show that we are not a selfish religion, that we care for the sake and state of the earth and the people. We need to somehow get the message out that we are not just a community that dances naked and waves wands... heart heart  

xKelpiex

Mytyl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:45 pm
Quote:

Hypocrites regarding Christianity... the ones who say things like "all paths are valid" and then turn around and talk about how evil and persecuting Christians are, or get offended if anyone mentions Jesus within 50 feet of them. In other words, the kind of person I was, about four years ago. sweatdrop

Quote:

The labrys - it's a double-bladed axe. One blade cuts the umbilical cord, the other the thread of life. It helped me to see the connections between life and death, and to come to grips with parts of myself that I didn't really like.

Quote:

To better walk the line between unorganized and disorganized.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:07 am
Quote:

The fact that it can be terribly difficult to find good, sound information, and that airheaded people choose to ONLY worship the Goddess because "boyz sux0r lol."

Quote:

Stars, trees, wolves...

Quote:

To be recognised as a legit religion instead of a cheap fad. >.o  

Elendraug

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:01 pm

Authors who provide serious misinformation, or outright lies to promote their agenda (i.e. Ravenwolf) and the fact that Llewellyn actually publishes that crap.

The Rose Cross
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Many people are going to disagree with this, but I think it needs less publicity, and needs to be less easily accessible. I'm a strong believer in Initiation (and NOT self initiation). You shouldn't just be able to pick up a book, read a couple chapters and call yourself a Wiccan without going througn some sort of formal Initiation ceremony first.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff