Reply Fantasy Books Guild
The Naming.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gotmycarfixed

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:44 am
Just wondering, but has anyone heard of this book. If you like Eragon, you would love this book. I think the author is an Australian poet or something like that. Any comments about this book.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:24 pm
i loved it and she is australian and it was based off some ancient scrolls that were found somewhere...i think
anyway the riddle is coming out this fall
I CANT WAIT! whee  

laaalalalalalalalalas

sabriel111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:17 pm
I've just finished reading it recently it was great The Riddle is coming out this fall and i can't wait to read it  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:04 pm
as soon as i heard the riddle was out i got it ordered 4 me at the local bookstore (cost 20 bucks, but w/e). maerad changes A LOT. from kinda sweet to evilness of the century to nice but w/ a lot behind her. like cadvan, i guess, but its hard to judge whether its better or worse then his life...  

Ziannna

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:45 pm
Frankly, it bored me to tears. It was really cliche and she didn't bother trying to put any pazaz into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:04 pm
loved it. it sccared me how evil she got in riddle thoough. and it is either 3 or s ix books and the crow i belive is about her younger brother thoug as is the next one. still loves maerad in the naming though  

ANARA Airlyn

koolbloo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:51 pm
I thought it was ok. I didn't finish it but I can kinda think of how the first ends. I still can't beleive that one kid was her bro.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:12 pm
I love The Naming!!! And The Riddle!!!! I read the first four chapters of The Crow online and they're all right but to me not quite as good.... sweatdrop  

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:10 pm
this is an excellent book!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:17 pm
I finally got a copy of The Singing and was so disappointed! The ending was so rushed. They defeated their main enemy (what's his name?) and all his armies in like one chapter! And she just threw Maerad and Cadvan together. Yes, I could see them getting together, but they also just as easily stayed in the teacher-student roles. There was no real reason for them to go that way. All in all it was like she suddenly got tired of writing it so she just ended it as fast as possible.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm
I love the first two books, but to tell the truth, I thought it went downhill with the Crow. The last two books didn't do the quartet justice. They were better then no ending, but just barely.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:49 pm
xxEternallyBluexx
I love the first two books, but to tell the truth, I thought it went downhill with the Crow. The last two books didn't do the quartet justice. They were better then no ending, but just barely.

I totally agree. I think I just scanned through The Crow. I really did care too much about what her brother was up to.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces