Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Yaoi Fans Hate Girls? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hate Anime Girls?
  No, it's pointless
  Yes
  STFU
View Results

Riosin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:39 pm
I'm sick of it...really I am. I love yaoi (more then het *heh heh*) but really, what's with this stereotype of yaoi fans hating canon female characters? What's worse is so many yaoi fans stay true to that stereotype.

Example-

Person- *Watching non-yaoi anime* Awwww! Those two guys would be soooo cute together!

In Anime- *Girl walks in* Hi guys!

Person- OMG THAT WHORE1!!1! ill draw piccys of her dieing painfuly!!1 casue she ruined yaoi1!1!!

I'm not trying to be mean or biased...but damn yall. -_-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:09 pm
I dislike some anime girls, but for diferent reasons. Exampl: Sakura from Naruto. She's annoying, i dislike her personality. Also, Kairi, from kingdom hearts, she's really annoying.
But i like most of the girl characters in final fantasy, and the ones in digimon too.  

[ d e a d g i r l ]

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:20 pm
My thoughts exactly, Rio Ri. It really bugs the hell out of me, especially at those yaoi forums/channels/guilds where 99% of the threads/topics are anti-*insert most common girl in straight pairing here*. It's just... Useless. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:34 pm
Narki
My thoughts exactly, Rio Ri. It really bugs the hell out of me, especially at those yaoi forums/channels/guilds where 99% of the threads/topics are anti-*insert most common girl in straight pairing here*. It's just... Useless. >.>

Hee i dislike fangirls lie that too. I mean for example i knew a royxed fan who LOATHED Riza and Winry for the simple fact they were in the way of hot RoyxEd Yaoi and i was like "But there both such cool charecters they are there for a reason you know" but she refused to see my point of veiw.

I love winry and riza, preffrably together XP because WinryxRiza is jst sexy.

Jade Rotaski

Confident Shounen

43,040 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500

[OMFG NARKI]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:41 pm
Jade Rotaski
Narki

Hee i dislike fangirls lie that too. I mean for example i knew a royxed fan who LOATHED Riza and Winry for the simple fact they were in the way of hot RoyxEd Yaoi and i was like "But there both such cool charecters they are there for a reason you know" but she refused to see my point of veiw.

I love winry and riza, preffrably together XP because WinryxRiza is jst sexy.

Ugh, painful convo memories coming to life here. Just hate it when they just blindly hate characters like that. "But they have an important part in the story! And they do useful things! And they have a deep and interesting background story and don't just look like stereotypical anime chicks!" "SO?! THEY STAND IN THE WAY OF THE GREATER GOOD! OMG SUXXRÉ DIEZ!"
It's just depressive when people have to get so obsessed with that tiny little issue to actually see anything else about the character.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:02 pm
Erg, I know what you mean. For example, I absolutely ADORE Misa from Death Note, but a lot of people hate her...

Actually, Misa's a bad example, because I actually can see why people would dislike her... ^^; (I think she's cute, though. heart )

Okay, take Gundam Wing. It's redicules how many Relena haters are out there.  

RionaDaidouji

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:20 pm
I think one of the most interesting things about anime is how easy it is to dislike some of those female characters. Some of them are just so damn annoying and hard to relate to that's it's easy to understand. Some of those gals are real harpies.

Then again, there's some realy irrational female hate. That's just people being immature. You don't have to hate all females and they don't all have to be killed off for boys to get together...but with some of those more annoying ones, it can make things more satisfying.

So yes, way too much irrational female hate, but I don't see it getting better anytime soon. People are either going to grow out of it or not, and even if they do, there'll always be someone there to take their place. It's just the way of things. All you can do is attempt to educate the idiots *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:33 pm
*raises hand* i admit to being a rabid gundam wing fangirl who hates relana at one point, but i've gotten over it. i think it's the fanfiction that does it. some of it is written by those who are biased. i have one rule when it comes to yaoi/shounen ai...

if there are acceptable girls, then yaoi is purely optional.

in gundam wing, for example, the only acceptable girl was noin and une (when she wasn't a raving loon), so they could be with zechs and treize respectively, even though i like zechs and treize together.

HOWEVER... i did and still do strongly dislike Kari (Hikari) from digimon both for fangirl and character reasons.  

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:34 pm
I find it pointless to hate girls in anime. Sometimes the girls are a lot cooler than most, if not all, of the guys. *cough*Anzu*cough*

However, I have this unfathomable dislike for Relena. Not due to any yaoi pairing that she would interfere with because I don't really care much for it in that series. I think I left off on episode... nine. Aside from her, I don't like giant robots either.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:52 pm
Fantasy Moon
I find it pointless to hate girls in anime. Sometimes the girls are a lot cooler than most, if not all, of the guys. *cough*Anzu*cough*

However, I have this unfathomable dislike for Relena. Not due to any yaoi pairing that she would interfere with because I don't really care much for it in that series. I think I left off on episode... nine. Aside from her, I don't like giant robots either.

t's her voice, her nearly irrational believes and her stubbornness. at least that's what it is for me. 3nodding  

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

Dultae

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:57 pm
Honestly, I hate some of the boys more than I hate the girls. (And I actually LIKE Kairi, I feel so alone sometimes.) I figure so-called yaoi fans who hate the girls don't deserve to call themselves yaoi fans, since they obviously don't grasp the bigger picture. It's totally weird.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:53 pm
I can't begin to understand why you'd hate a girl just because she's a love interesting... actually they're usually not even love interests. A lot of times in these shounen mangas, the guys are two busy beating each other up to notice the girl (except when she's kidnaped >.>). They're just there in the side lines, doing nothing.

Like this hatred for Kairi. I don't get it. Especially in KH1. She was asleep for more than half of the damn game. How do you hate someone who's asleep, who's done nothing? It's like the fangirls are thinking "ZOMG, Sora's thinking more about Kairi than me Riku. She's in the way! HATE HER!!!"

*coughs* The most I can understand is indifference or a general dislike for their uselessness. Which is very true about a lot of female anime characters. They’re really useless (like Kairi, I found her pretty useless, just a damsel in distress for Sora to resuce). But I actually like them more than girls in shoujos. Now, they’re annoying. *coughs*Miaka*coughs* You’d think female mangaka would be able to write their own gender better.

RionaDaidouji
Okay, take Gundam Wing. It's redicules how many Relena haters are out there.

I think there are two types of Relena haters. The crazed yaoi fangirls and then the people who disliked her for the way she acted. ‘Cause if it were just about getting in the way of 1x2, Hilde would have gotten just as much flack as Relena. Duo does show Hilde he likes her more than Heero does Relena.

The thing with Relena is that in the beginning of the series, she was spoiled, use to having her way, clueless and a myriad of other really bad personality flaws. It didn't help that she came off as a crazy stalker girl. So a lot of people hated her for those reasons. I couldn't stand her either. But when she grew up (at the end of the series, in Endless Waltz, and Ground Zero, I believe), I started to really like her. I could even see why she'd make a good pair with Heero. I know some people who agree with me on that point. Relena is more tolerable by the end of the series and through Endless Waltz.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:50 pm
*big rant*

Yeah like all the people who hate Sango, Kagome, Kikyo, and all the other countless females in Inuyasha. I even met a few that wanted Kagome's mom to die. WTF it's not like she's even a major character. So what was the reason? So that Souta could hook up with Shippo stare *insert a mean comment*

I am a Pro-Kagome person. She may not be a strong as other anime girls but she never really freaks out and starts crying. Hell if you place any of us in the same situration like put us in 17th century America and most of us would freak out and want to off ourselves. I think Kagome is strong enough and is very important to the overall story. Same with Kikyo I don't think she is a b***h nor do I think she wishes Inuyasha die.

I mean she only tried to off Inuyasha and Kagome ONCE. Also if you think about she never really want Kagome dead just not in the time period. Why is everyone still holding a grude on her for that? It happen a good 78 eps get over it. ago. rolleyes

So yeah such fangirls are annoying when they say these things without reason. I mean self-created yaoi is good but don't take it over board. It makes us all look bad. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:14 pm
The problem I personally have with most anime girls is the way they act. Yes, I'm a yaoi fan, but even if I weren't, I would still hate most of the female characters. They ALL seem to fit into the same mold of wilting-flower-that-has-to-be-saved-by-the-handsome-male-lead, annoying, hyper, high-pitched voice who can't ******** do anything for herself, and is far too emotional for her own good. Almost all female characters have at least one, if not ALL, of these characteristics, which are annoying enough alone, least of all combined.

I would LOVE to see more strong female characters in anime. The few that I have found, I absolutely adore. Haruka from Sailormoon, for example. She's a tough girl that can take care of herself and doesn't take any s**t from anyone. I absolutely LOVE her. I'd go as far as to say I fawn over her. Anime needs more characters like her. Tough, hard-a**, dykey lesbians. biggrin

Is short, I think some people may be haters based on the fact that -- in their opinion -- the female is destroying their little fangirly dreams. But more often than not, I think it's the stereotypical, irritating-as-hell way that most female leads behave.  

Kami Llama

Turbo Polka Babe

Lily-livered Giver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:45 pm
You know, I don't understand character-bashing in general. It's pointless. I get how people can dislike a character, but to the extent of putting time and effort into expressing honest hatred toward a fictional being? It just strikes me as silly and juvenile.

I like to see strong female characters--heck, I like to see strong characters of any gender. Yeah, yaoi is my favorite kink, but that doesn't mean that I can't stand females. I am one, for goodness' sake. Besides, for me, yaoi is more than just hot--it's pushing the boundaries of what's seen as right and wrong. I'm a huge supporter of gay rights, same-sex marriage, and all that jazz, and I think that it would be hypocritical of me to turn around and bash a character because of their gender.

Besides, girls need good role models, and if anime can provide that, I'm all for it. Sisterhood, acceptance, whatever. Just take things as they are.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff