Reply ----::::The FISH Tank::::----
Fish Tales! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyfe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Once, I was in Bass'ken, and I saw it. A candy striper! Suddenly, it hooked on my performance rod, and I pulled and pulled, and it borke the line! Then, it came up to me and gave me three wishes if I pulled the hook out of its mouth, but then my friend came along and stabbed it.

Erm, here is the place where you can post and read stories of anything fish! blaugh No matter how unbelievable or funny, it will be accepted! If I really like it, I'll post it here, on the glorious first post! eek

Commence fish stories! domokun domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:14 am
mine actually happened to me, and is kinda funny.........

one time my male black phantom tetra started to get those white bumpy things on it, so I put him in a smaller tank to live out the rest of his life *back then I was not as fish smart as I am now* anyway, I put him in the living room, big mistake, he freaked out anytime someone got near the tank and he would jump.......well one day I woke up and looked in the tank and I did not see him, so I sat down near the tank and started looking, well before long I found him...........shriveled up to nothing stuck to the carpet, I had to peal him off.......he looked like one of those dried up chinese fish in the packages...... sweatdrop I felt so bad  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

Pyfe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:17 pm
I hate it when that happens! The first time it happened to me was with a neon tetra, only I think my dog got to it before I could throw it away. sweatdrop

The second time was with my female betta; I underestimated the two-by-four inch feeding hole. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:46 am
I underestimated my cats determination.
I had a small pleco go missing.
Then my albino frog.
Then before to long various other fish would disappear without a trace from my other tanks.
Sword tails, fancy guppys, gouramis, etc etc.
So I set up my camera before I went to do some stuff.
Came home and rewinded the tape and watched it.
My cat Rueben was going fishing while I was gone.
So I had to get plexi glass to cover all the gaps.  

Narren7

Hilarious Lunatic

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:30 pm
I was fishing at this scout thing, and I was on this embankment that was about ten feet above the water I was fishing in. I'm not an expert with lure fishing, as I normally use stink bait and fish for catfish. I was useing this one realistic shad bait and it was floating on the top of the water. I saw the shadow of this bass, and he was about to bite it. I was like, 12, and real excited, so excited that I yanked the lure out, sending it past my head, and out of the fish's mouth. I was SO ticked at myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:02 am
When I was young, the family went on our first fishing trip. We were there for four hours, and the only one who caught anything was my little sister... She caught two and they were eight inches long. gonk We never caught anything since. 3nodding Though once my brother caught a root. xp He was so exited. "Oh my gosh, this fish must be HUGE!"  

Pyfe

Jonathan_McCim
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:52 pm
I'm alot better at catfish fishing. Bait, cast, wait. Smiple. The city I live in has a huge creek that runs through most of it, this creek, runs though almost every park this city has, which are very numerous. They pick the best park (also the location of my LARP) and stock two sections with channel catfish and have a "Kid Fish" day. They over stock, so you can still pull up fish two or three weeks after the event. First time I went, about 3 years ago, and after I caught so many, mainly due to the fact that no one else tought about it. Then in the last few years, there's been more and more people learning this... Not good for me. Most of the cat's are about 24 inches, so they make for good eats. I've got abot 9 fish up in the freezer right now, I'm hopfully going fishing there pretty soon and I'll get more so I can have a fish fry.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:37 am
My dad once owned a 150 gallon tank full of koi when i was around 3 or 4 years old. One day, i saw him feeding them and they would all come and get those tiny food pellets he put in there. I thought it was so cool! So when he went away, i went to go get something that i thought was fish food. Instead, i took a box of salt and poured it into the tank. A few hours later, all the koi died. My dad found out and of course yelled the crap out of me. After that my dad stopped raising fish for a while. But he started raising fish again like about 5 years later. o_o Yes, i was such a stupid kid. Each year my dad would tell me the same story and i would just laugh at my stupidity. gonk sweatdrop  

Ai no Kiseki

Gracious Dabbler

Sandi21

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:19 pm
I have many stories of fish jumping to their deaths. crying Like early this year, my 11" leporinus jumped about 5 times before he died. First 4 times it was when I was doing a water change so I just picked him up and put him back in the tank, but the last time he did it I was sleeping and couldn't save him. crying He was 6 years old, it was really sad. Funny thing is they are built like torpedos and he'd hit the cieling coming out, hard. And bounced about 15 ft away until I grabbed him.

Also have a few crusty betta stories..

like when I was very young and stupid I had about 4 bettas in those TINY bowls... on the STOVE... of all places. xd Well one day, after a nice dinner of boiled vegetables, I went to feed the bettas and noticed one of them wasn't in her bowl. I freaked out and looked all over but couldn't find her. About 20 mins later I pulled out the stove... and she was stuck to the side of it in the back covered in dust and CRISPY and WARM to the touch! I grabbed her and ran to my 20 gallon and dropped her in. She did some weird head stands for a couple days, and had string dust hanging out her mouth, but lived for 4 years after that and got bigger than any other betta I've had since. eek  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:47 pm
wow, she was crispy and she LIVED??

Wierd eek

your lucky though  

SquishyAngeh
Crew

eggy_yockio

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:02 pm
I used to have a tank in my room awhile back. One night something woke me up, I sat there dazed and sleepy wondering what had woken me when I heard a scraping sound behind my bed. Naturally I was like " eek what the ******** is that???" so I sat there and I heard it again. I freaked out and jumped out of bed, wonder what it was because it sounded like little claws. Eventually I ran and got my dad, who came in the room followed by my cat bailey who immediately tried to go behind my bed to save his mom (me whee ) and eat whatever was back there (he would eat ANYTHING xp ). So after my dad kicked him out of my room, he looked behind my bed and found ........ a crayfish gonk . My crayfish had climbed out of the tank, across the room and behind my bed on to some rolled up posters (his feet on the paper was making the sound). Needless to say we immediately sealed all the holes in the lid of the tank stressed .  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:16 pm
I like buying betas for fun and put them together to see them fight
Beta Coronas rule they are faster and stronger than the normal Beta and they are smaller.

I had this yellow beta at my tank that wanted to kill this little fishes I think they were guppies and then there was this white with orangy japanese that wanted to kill the beta and then hte beta attakc him and hurt his eye now his eye is all red.

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

falcons_dark_star

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:44 am
we had a gold fish that would jump out of the tank all the time, we would find him laying on the floor not even flopping any more, but we would get him back to good everytime... and one time i was cleaning my guppy tank, and most of them jumped out of the bowl and were stuck behind my dresser.. i lost some good breeders that day cry  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:14 am
...This thread is awesome.

Sandi21
like when I was very young and stupid I had about 4 bettas in those TINY bowls... on the STOVE... of all places. xd Well one day, after a nice dinner of boiled vegetables, I went to feed the bettas and noticed one of them wasn't in her bowl. I freaked out and looked all over but couldn't find her. About 20 mins later I pulled out the stove... and she was stuck to the side of it in the back covered in dust and CRISPY and WARM to the touch! I grabbed her and ran to my 20 gallon and dropped her in. She did some weird head stands for a couple days, and had string dust hanging out her mouth, but lived for 4 years after that and got bigger than any other betta I've had since. eek
And that is an effing strange fish you had there. eek What. The hell.

I don't really have any interesting stories... I went fishing once and didn't like it. Absolutely nothing happened. Except these guys got a nerf ball stuck in a tree branch right over the water, it was kinda fun watching them try to climb that crazy tree... Kinda hoped one of them would fall in. Just to be interesting.

Hatsu the betta jump out of his tank a couple times... He only did it at night when lights were out. I figured he came from a nice pet store that would keep their lights on at night, so maybe he jumped because he's never seen total darkness? Putting a lava lamp next to him fixed it. He never jumped after that. xd

...Uh yeah. haven't had fish long enough for any real interesting stories.  

thrivis

Bashful Cultist

Thanks_For_All_The_Fish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:02 am
ok, I thought I would post it here but my tank is now a freakshow, not only is my eldest female black phantom wierd *its head is stuck to the right, wierd huh* but last night I was looking in my tank and something scared the crap outta me, I looked really closly and what did I see.......one of my neons only has one eye, and I can see his 1 eye through the empty socket....EWWW, so we named him one eyed pete...

he is doing fine today, swimming normally...LOL

one guess as to what happened, the neon got too close to my ram, HEH HEH HEH, guess he had to learn somehow  
----::::The FISH Tank::::----

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff