Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Magic anyone? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:43 pm
I'm going to be gone for a few days. But I've been meaning to post this for a while now.

How many of you participate or practice magic. How many of you study it. I'm just seeing how many people their are on this guild. I'm thinking of later turning this particular thread into a more serious disussion later on.
If you just like, "Hey I want to learn magic, thats ok I guess, but becareful. If you watch charmed and are like "I wanna do that telekenisis thingy, or something, please, just because I'm edgy, and alot of real practicioners hate it, don't say that. This thread will probly cover that if it picks up off the ground.

Charmed and things on T.V. are almost entirly fake, or dratized about 100x, e.g. Sabrina the Teenage Witch, cool show, but not actually real.

You can also discuss you magic 'path'. Though I'm expecting alot of things along the lines of Wiccans posting, it is open to anyone who has any experience with magic.

(I couldn't find a thread already posted, and will be back to see what to do in 3 days.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:49 pm
Hmm, I suppose you could say that I practice magic in various forms from time to time. Minor divination, some ritualistic, but usually more off the cuff castings are more to my taste. I don't like getting bogged down overly much in the ritualiized portions of magic incantations and the like. I feel as though I get to caught up in the hows that the whys loose their focus and meaning.
So my actual means of conducting spells and the like is generally very free form and whimsical and nature.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:57 pm
I have done wicca and still am.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:21 am
I practice some magic and divination.  

Angel Bruja

A NEON DRUNK

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:06 pm
I'm Wiccan so of course I do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:23 pm
I do, i really dont have much of a path, i take a lot of things from a lot of relgions. One thing i do a lot of is Chaos magick, Its rather simple but at the same time verry complex and outlandish. Im mostly aginst Hexes and Curses. but every now and then i'll suddenly lighten up on the subject(this only happens when i want some one to suffer which is offten but i have yet to perform any form of ill willed magic.) im big on Divanation (Tarot mainly) and Spirt guid contact.  

MOD66

PrettyRedCherries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:52 pm
I've never really had access to...well...magic and things of that nature...but I'm very interested in things like it.

Maybe someone could help me out?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:58 pm
PrettyRedCherries
I've never really had access to...well...magic and things of that nature...but I'm very interested in things like it.

Maybe someone could help me out?

.....perhaps if you were to describe yourself a little( general morals, polytheistic or monotheistic, etc...) a prospective person might deign to present him/herself?  

ceilisidhe

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:27 pm
I'm Wiccan, I do. And I do much more, though I shall never tell you.

I was your friend, though you rejected me.
I kept my cool, though the pain was murder.
I had my fate, taken by her
Her name... we call her she

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:02 am
I too am a Wicca. I think shows like Charmed are amusing, I just hope most people expect that to be how magic is. Magic is most often not even seen.  

Lord Blade Icestorm

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:32 pm
Well I used to be heavy into Wicca, after nearly 5 years, I think I've fallen out of it. I still read into it and do a lot of my own research, but I haven't practised in a while. Besides, it's hard to when you live in a household with people who are anti-everything, it seems.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:31 pm
hmm. i would like to learn about it study and one day practice it.  

DragonShadowWing

Lord Blade Icestorm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:26 am
If you want help looking for books about it some herbal shops carry some books. But be careful some of them dont know what they are talking about.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:31 am
No...

I don't practice magic.

But I am psychic.  

ringwraith10

Dorian Requiem

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:22 pm
First thing, BLOODY HELL, I've been having a rough week. Ok...

Elizabeth Hawkeye
I'm Wiccan, I do. And I do much more, though I shall never tell you.

Ok, I respect that and can understand several reasons for your never telling us part, but I hope that doesn't prevent you from taking part in any discussions.

KoRnfucius
Well I used to be heavy into Wicca, after nearly 5 years, I think I've fallen out of it.

Well, I was raised with alot of spiritual magic stuff, and when I finally had the ability to study Wicca and such, I found I had already outgrown it. What has interested me was dark(read as night) magic and things to do with shamanism. Its alot more 'in depth' personally, and seems to be easier to manage to me. A very Wiccan adapted book is The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft by Christopher Penczak. Also thing to do with the Necronomicon and the Author Konstantinos are pretty fascinating. Point, I've studied, not practiced any of the necromantic related books I've read.

whitefire phoenix
hmm. i would like to learn about it study and one day practice it.

That was kindof the second reason I started this thread, helping people with magic related things, or just some minor teaching. Or nudges in a direction or two for people to find their 'path'.

ringwraith10
No...
I don't practice magic.
But I am psychic

I have been a fair bit for along time myself, I just started a more serious path on magic because of curiosity. Magic related things, sometimes spell, or just meditation and astral things can really assist with psychic ability. But if you don't need it to develope any psychic senses you have.

Sorry for garbaling all this into one post, but I'm trying to make up for the fact that I won't have much ability/time to use the computer over the next few days.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff