Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
What makes... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Padoodle!<3
  um...=D...?
View Results

[ d e a d g i r l ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:37 am
A seme a seme and an uke a uke? I mean, yeah I know, seme's on top and Uke's on bottom, but like, what/who would be the perfect seme/uke? Sorry if there's already a topic like this, i didn't see eet  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:55 pm
sweatdrop I was wondering that myself.  

tsuyayaka1

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:11 pm
well the definition i've come up with is...

seme: taller, more serious demeanor, usually dark-haired, openly angsty, assertive, not-overly friendly, popular (not real friends though)

uke: child-like, shorter, light hair, bigger eyes, emotional, secretly angst-ridden, lots of friends

anything i missed, post your definations! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:03 pm
I guess all seme's have something in commen, but there's a variety of them, as well as Uke's..right?  

[ d e a d g i r l ]

[Shuichi_Uesugi]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:11 pm
well Seme's are always rougth why can there just be a good loving seme guy with an sadist escaping from his past uke = D that would be interesting I mean being seme= rougth and being uke=gentel I would like to see the oposite from it for once? redface even tho uke's and seme's are cute the way they are ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:13 am
The main stereotype is that the seme is always taller than the uke. I guess it's easier to do things that way.. ninja But in the mangas I've read they all have a vast variety of personalities. And they both take care of eachother in one way or another. Alot of people might think that an uke is a gentle, defenseless, cute thing. And a seme is the protector, who can be tough and rough, usually handsome. oo; But those are just the stereotypes. ^^; I've known many to be quite the opposite. Some ukes are very dominant.. sweatdrop Basically, they're just terms used for sex.. I think it's adorable either ways as long as they love eachother.  

Bright_Death

Winter Phantom

Xueyan

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:58 am
I'd say... the best example of a seme/uke pairing would probably Yuki/Shuichi from Gravitation...

Then, another example where a seme/uke pairing can go both ways, would be Naruto/Sasuke, in my opinion...

For me, seme: usually taller (the stereotype, yes), with dark past, dominating, more serious.

Then uke: shorter, cuter, huggable, adorable, that sort of junk... sweet and caring and a bundle of love.

d:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:18 am
Personality-wise, the seme normally is more dominant by nature, and the uke is simply more submissive. The ways this is expressed vary greatly, but it's often very easy to judge who would be in control. Stereotypically, the seme is either cold&collected, or violent. Either way, controlling. The uke is commonly portrayed as either happy and hyper, or sweet and shy.
As for physical traits, there are a few common stereotypes.
Seme: Taller, more masculine in body and facial structure, usually doesn't smile, either black or white/silver hair. (95% of the time, if there's a silver-haired guy, he's the seme.) There's often just something about the way they look that says they're dominating.

Uke: Shorter, younger, light-medium hair colors (if hair is black it's normally long and gives a waif-ish look), larger eyes, more feminine and/or fragile facial and body structure, usually smiling (even if shyly). In many cases, inverse to the seme aura, they have a gentle and/or happy air about them.

A while ago I made lists of some of the most common traits of both seme and uke for a friend of mine. I could PM them to you if you liked.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 pm
First of all, I'd have to say that the WORST semes and ukes are stereotyped semes and ukes. The cold, harsh, sex-a-holic semes who push their nervous whiny ukes into sex all the time. Those are the worst, those and all the other tired worn out crappy stereotypes.

A good seme would be a guy who cares about his partner, someone who takes care of his needs, both emotional and physical. I think a good uke would be the same way. Two guys who can balance each other out, support each other, love each other.

Forget the height rule. Forget that cold and stoic seme and "childlike" uke s**t. A good seme and a good uke would be men, real, life-like sometimes stupid, but ultimately decent men who care about each other.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:21 pm
For-Chan Cookie
First of all, I'd have to say that the WORST semes and ukes are stereotyped semes and ukes. The cold, harsh, sex-a-holic semes who push their nervous whiny ukes into sex all the time. Those are the worst, those and all the other tired worn out crappy stereotypes.

A good seme would be a guy who cares about his partner, someone who takes care of his needs, both emotional and physical. I think a good uke would be the same way. Two guys who can balance each other out, support each other, love each other.

Forget the height rule. Forget that cold and stoic seme and "childlike" uke s**t. A good seme and a good uke would be men, real, life-like sometimes stupid, but ultimately decent men who care about each other.

Amen, sister!  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Dr_Kael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:05 am
Well, all the yaoi mangas I've read..(And trust me, I've read a lot. Ask my mom's credit card, who currently hates my guts.)

Semes: Non-stereotypical: Funny, loving, a complete idiot (-cough- Sorry I'm thinking of that one guy from Love Mode.) =3 Point is, like the other persons said, they love their uke with a firey passion, and would most likely beat someone bloody if the person touched their beloved uke.

Ukes: Non-stereotypical: Loves their seme (Though sometimes they won't admit it. -cough-Izumi-cough cough-)

sweatdrop All I can come up with. Don't hurt me! =3 All I know is all Semes have a protective/protective love over their ukes, and all ukes love their semes to death but won't admit it. (Gravitation tottaly flip flops this theory though. Ex: "YUKI EIRI IS MINE!!!")  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:12 am
ChaosSinAlchemist
(Gravitation tottaly flip flops this theory though. Ex: "YUKI EIRI IS MINE!!!")

That's why I'm a firm believer that Shuichi should be seme. He needs to grow a pair of brass ones and dom that arrogant a**. ‘Cause Eiri is in no shape to coddle and comfort and do anything seme-like (aside from being a sex fiend and a jerk), which is why everyone else, including his little brother, dom him.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Dr_Kael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:27 am
LadyNox

That's why I'm a firm believer that Shuichi should be seme. He needs to grow a pair of brass ones and dom that arrogant a**. ‘Cause Eiri is in no shape to coddle and comfort and do anything seme-like (aside from being a sex fiend and a jerk), which is why everyone else, including his little brother, dom him.

-Bows down to LadyNox- You have spoken words oh so true! xD Not to mention...Kat likes the picture of Yuki getting dominated. Yesh! Shuichi shall be the most ukest seme in history.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:59 am
ChaosSinAlchemist
LadyNox

-Bows down to LadyNox- You have spoken words oh so true! xD Not to mention...Kat likes the picture of Yuki getting dominated. Yesh! Shuichi shall be the most ukest seme in history.

He really is! He does everything that a seme is suppose to do. He's the one that initiates the relationship, he's the one that coddles and holds Eiri. He's the one that doesn't give up when Eiri runs off. He’s not the one that denies Eiri’s advances (because that’s what typical ukes always do). He's the determined and aggressive one. The only thing he doesn't do (what makes everyone consider him such an uke) is penetrate Eiri. That's it. Oh right and cry a lot. Those two things have totally turned him into a King of Ukes in the eyes of fandom. That really aggravates me too. Just because you like it on the bottom doesn’t mean you’re an uke!

Uke/Seme is a way of being, not a sex position.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:36 pm
Ameena-kun
well Seme's are always rougth why can there just be a good loving seme guy with an sadist escaping from his past uke = D that would be interesting I mean being seme= rougth and being uke=gentel I would like to see the oposite from it for once? redface even tho uke's and seme's are cute the way they are ^^

*raises hand* My OCs are like that! XD

The physical seme is a total sweet-heart and nearly a pushover, while the physical uke is a perv, has an angst-ridden LIFE (not just past) and is really only uke because he likes it better. XD If he wanted to be on top, his partner wouldn't be able to say no. (Not that he would...)  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff