Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Tarot Question Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I...
  Try to still use it?
  Or throw it away?
View Results

natas_kitty420

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:04 pm
If somehow your Tarot deck gets really really wet and the ink runs together (it's a long story), would there still be anyway to use it? Just wondering.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:22 pm
How visable are the pictures?  

TeaDidikai

Oniko-inuki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:01 pm
That happened to one of my decks once. The cards also warped and stuck together. They were just hard to shuffle and lay out on a practical level, still seemed to work for readings, but it ended up just being easier to get a new deck.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:03 pm
I was going to suggest using them as book marks.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:47 pm
TeaDidikai
I was going to suggest using them as book marks.

Or, if you're like me, scan them, play with them in Photoshop until you're happy with your new results, then print them back out on card stock.

Then again, "if you're like me" means "if you consider Tarot readings to be a psychological Markov chain"...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:50 pm
Heck. You could also use them as spell components.  

TeaDidikai

Henry Dorsett Case

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:26 am
TeaDidikai
Heck. You could also use them as spell components.

That reminds me, strangely enough - once I get my next Dragon Tarot deck, I'm going to scan the bastards in and write my personal tarot guide. I have issues with the definitions that are in the booklet, and some of the predictive texts are a litte, well...Mr. Dark for me.

It'll help when I'm doing a reading for myself, going "Now what exactly did I tweak the meaning of Nine of Cups to again?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:00 am
Maybe use them to create a lovely scrapbook! heart (Speaks the home Goddess in me... rolleyes )

Well, what ever you decide to do with them, don't ditch them... They probably have been your friend for a long time. Keep them around for possible spellwork, like TeaDidikai said... Or some other imaginative work.  

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:20 am
Henry Dorsett Case
...once I get my next Dragon Tarot deck...
This reminds me of something important. Very important. Hrm. sweatdrop I've been working on it for you, Wing. I did more of the concepts for it in France if you'd like to see...
Personally I don't like the look of the commercial dragon decks. They're, well, too prettified.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:51 am
missmagpie
Henry Dorsett Case
This reminds me of something important. Very important. Hrm. sweatdrop I've been working on it for you, Wing. I did more of the concepts for it in France if you'd like to see...
Personally I don't like the look of the commercial dragon decks. They're, well, too prettified.

Really? Most dragon decks I have seen make me shudder. Either too pretty or too pokey.  

TeaDidikai

Pelta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:57 am
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Henry Dorsett Case

Really? Most dragon decks I have seen make me shudder. Either too pretty or too pokey.
Yar. Quite often they're decidedly un-dragonlike and look like stuff out of a stupid fantasy novel kids read.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:01 am
I can't say I'd suggest using them anymore, I myself would consider it disrespectful to the Craft. However, depending on your beliefs, if the pictures are still visible, Go ahead. Though, if you can afford to buy a new deck, then I highly reccomend that.

Madame Macabre

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:56 am
igneussanguis
I can't say I'd suggest using them anymore, I myself would consider it disrespectful to the Craft.
Slight problem. I don't see anywhere in the OP that says this is a function of any craft in general.

How can one disrespect something that doesn't hold respect unto itself?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:51 pm
missmagpie
TeaDidikai
missmagpie
Henry Dorsett Case

Yar. Quite often they're decidedly un-dragonlike and look like stuff out of a stupid fantasy novel kids read.

Since personal aesthetics and proper number of cards are my only two determining factors in what deck I buy, I'll stick to my Pracownik Dragon deck. I likes me the pictures I do, yupyup.  

Henry Dorsett Case

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:23 pm
Heh, look it in this way, at least it has been cleansed by water, now all you have to do is bury it in the ground, pas it though some insence and at last burn it with fire, and your tarotdeck has been introduced too all the elements! lol  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff