Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
I need more BL, but I'm just not sure which ones..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Naevara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:48 pm
......Soooo I'm pretty much going to pick some replies at random (if there are any, I sure hope there will) and buy whatever it suggests I should see/read. ^______^

Anyway, I don't like hardcore yaoi.. A bit of it is ok, just not too explicit (I don't need to see anything.. ..you know, down there). It's the subtilty I think is awesome, not the details. xD

And I'm in for all kinds of stories. ^_^ I loved Sukisho (the anime, not the game.....), loved Loveless, and I loved Zetsuai, to name a few examples.. Very different kind of stories.. I really don't care what the story is.

Aaand if you're the lucky winner, you'll get a hug! Isn't that what you've always dreamt of... (and if I like your anime/manga, you'll get another one). 4laugh

I just don't trust reviews on the net anymore ever since I read about an anime that supposedly was really ok and not-yaoi-ish at all and turned out to be something... well, don't let me get into the details. I actually forgot which one it was but it doesn't really matter.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:06 pm
Wow, I just realized this must be the wrong forum. Sorry. :S  

Naevara

Seijaku_Ishida

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 pm
Seimaden(or anything my Yu Higuri) I enjoy. And...Hm...not too familiar with American releases these days, but...

Inu Mo Arukeba is adorable, but that's probably harder yaoi than you want. Earthian's cute, so is Demon Diary.

As far as anime goes:

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo is amazing. and I absolutely reccomend Kyo Kara Maou.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:15 pm
One of my favorite anime/manga is Seikimatsu Darling. It's not licenced but you can google it and find either of two versions. It's this really cute story about two semes that fall in love with each other. So they're trying to prove who loves the other the most (but really it's about who's gonna be on top). There are no sex scenes depicted at all though so don't worry. It's very funny. ^^

Petshop of Horrors is another great manga. It's also got an OVA (four eps I believe), both of which have been licenced. The series is not BL at all. It's very hinty though. You should try and find a good summery for the series because there's no way I can do it. I just can begin to summerize this series. But it's very, very good.

Um... that's all I can think of at the moment (that aren't lemon-fresh so to speak... or just not BL at all). But if you go to the News Flash subforums, you'll see a list of BL/yaoi books that have been released or will be released. I recommend just looking up the summaries for the books and seeing which quip your interest. Some of those books also have threads in this forum.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Naevara

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:03 pm
I've heard of Petshop of Horrors, I also read reviews, and came to the conclusion that I might want to see it one day.. You see, the last time I saw something that was not really BL but hinted a lot (yami no matsuai), I was so disapponted to come to the last episode and see nothing, nothing happen at all, even though I really expected it. It kinda ruined the rest, even though yami no matsuai was awesome.

I've also heard of Seikmatsu Darling, was about checking that one, too. ^_^

I haven't heard of any Ishida's tips, except Earthian, I saw the anime and it was so bad I don't even want to check the manga out.. Plus, I really hated the uke in it - I forgot his name - he was annoying me all the time.. His looks, his personality, what he does, everything. 0_0

Thanks a lot. Anybody else with good ideas? ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:20 pm
Naevara
I've heard of Petshop of Horrors, I also read reviews, and came to the conclusion that I might want to see it one day.. You see, the last time I saw something that was not really BL but hinted a lot (yami no matsuai), I was so disapponted to come to the last episode and see nothing, nothing happen at all, even though I really expected it. It kinda ruined the rest, even though yami no matsuai was awesome.

Well, I'll tell you right now... Don't go into PSOH expecting anything to happen. It is just a very hinty series. That's it. It is an absolutely wonderful series though. I love it so much that I'm downloading the new series.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Jaele

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:35 pm
For manga, I definately recommend "Only the Ring Finger knows".

It's quite cute. Here is the summary from chapters:

Quote:
At Wataru Fujii's high school, it's all the rage to wear paired rings with the girl you love. Wataru wears one though he is single, and one day inadvertently discovers that his ring pairs up with that of tall, handsome, and smart Yuichi Kazuki, the senior classman idolized by the entire school. Though Kazuki has a reputation for being kind to all, when dealing with Wataru, he is strangely harsh. Their paired rings somehow draw them together and the two alternately clash and attract, as they must sort out their budding feelings for each other.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:44 pm
I think you'd like Kyou Kara Maou.
It's so cuuute. 3nodding I like it.  

ritsukaxsoubix3

Lunar Kissed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:07 am
Naevara
I haven't heard of any Ishida's tips, except Earthian, I saw the anime and it was so bad I don't even want to check the manga out.. Plus, I really hated the uke in it - I forgot his name - he was annoying me all the time.. His looks, his personality, what he does, everything. 0_0

Ironic considering the manga is much better. The OVAs mainly covered the end of the series and it still doesn't even make sense, especially why Chihaya is so concerned about revealing his wings to humans. Elvira's story is so great, but she was barely touched in the animated episodes. One is left wondering who this strange woman is with the angels. It's not really something that should be watched unless you are familiar with the manga.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:13 pm
Umm .. I'd have to say Gakuen Heaven is a good anime .. I'm not sure if it's a manga and I've heard of one called lawful drug  

Neko81290

blackwhiteandsilver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:26 pm
It's not actually BL (since it's from CLAMP)

But the main boyxboy pairing is soOoOo sweet and sad...

Tokyo Babylon...  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games