Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anime, Manga, Cartoons, and Games.
Toonami Jetstream Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virenn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:23 pm
Okay, so my mom woke me up this morning at 7:30, to tell me that she was leaving my cell phone next to my pillow so she could wake me up in time for a dentist appointment I had later. When I couldn't fall back asleep, I decided to watch TV before playing some Fire Emblem or Suikoden V.

While flipping through the channels, I stopped on Cartoon Network. While I was on Cartoon Network, a commercial for Toonami Jetstream came on... Or at least I think it was for Toonami Jetstream... I was sorta out of it. Well, ANYWAYS.

While this commercial started, I was concentrating on the bottom left corner (I dunno why, I was leaning my head against a stuffed animal, so that’s what I was sorta staring at) of the screen. They showed some clips of new animes, and I could have SWORN I saw Ginta, the main character of MAR (I've been reading that series since it came out...). First thing I did was twitch, and almost yell, "NOOOOOO!!" But I told myself that when I had the time, I'd see if they would really put MAR on Toonami... because if they did, I was gonna be very unhappy.

Turns out that they'll be taking a few anime and sticking it in Toonami Jetstream. The anime I'm sure is coming on the air is MAR, Hikaru No Go, and the Prince of Tennis. They'll also be putting Naruto on, but since that's already on Cartoon Network it doesn't really count in my little rant.

I don't know about you, but if I'm forced to see threads and topics on Neopets or Gaia about characters on Toonami, I'm gonna pull my hair out. I'm really going to hate the day when MAR comes on the air.

By the way... Don't kill me for hating Toonami.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:40 am
I've known about Toonami Jetstream, and I know the anime you mentioned will be on there, but so far I haven't heard of any word of such anime being on there, and trust me, I work at a site that's very news oriented.

Plus, if you don't like the dub, you can always watch the sub or read the manga.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Virenn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:54 am
[.Hoho-papa.]
I've known about Toonami Jetstream, and I know the anime you mentioned will be on there, but so far I haven't heard of any word of such anime being on there, and trust me, I work at a site that's very news oriented.

Plus, if you don't like the dub, you can always watch the sub or read the manga.

I went on to see the news myself at the official site. http://www.toonamijetstream.com is where I saw clips of everything they will be showing.

Its not the dub that bothers me... it's the crazy fangirls who sit around watching Cartoon Network all day that bother me. It's the same with the "! l0v3 S@suK3!" fangirls. Anything on toonami gets way too much attention.

While I have only read MAR, I know people who have been reading Hikaru No Go and the Prince of Tennis since it came out. Series that get attention as manga doesn't bother me, but as soon as Toonami gets a hold of them, everything goes insane.

It's sorta how the true Final Fantasy fans felt when little kids who played Kingdom Hearts went around saying that they "loved" so-and-so, and they didn't even know much about them. It drives people insane after a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:35 am
Neon_Evangelion
[.Hoho-papa.]

I went on to see the news myself at the official site. http://www.toonamijetstream.com is where I saw clips of everything they will be showing.

Its not the dub that bothers me... it's the crazy fangirls who sit around watching Cartoon Network all day that bother me. It's the same with the "! l0v3 S@suK3!" fangirls. Anything on toonami gets way too much attention.

While I have only read MAR, I know people who have been reading Hikaru No Go and the Prince of Tennis since it came out. Series that get attention as manga doesn't bother me, but as soon as Toonami gets a hold of them, everything goes insane.

It's sorta how the true Final Fantasy fans felt when little kids who played Kingdom Hearts went around saying that they "loved" so-and-so, and they didn't even know much about them. It drives people insane after a while.
I see what you mean.

I agree with that last bit too, though I played KH before FF, I actually bothered to go get the games. It drives me bonkers when people say "SEPHPIROTH'S HAWT LAWLS!11!!!!!11!!1!!!", and they don't know jack about him. == ;

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Virenn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:59 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
Neon_Evangelion
[.Hoho-papa.]

I see what you mean.

I agree with that last bit too, though I played KH before FF, I actually bothered to go get the games. It drives me bonkers when people say "SEPHPIROTH'S HAWT LAWLS!11!!!!!11!!1!!!", and they don't know jack about him. == ;
It's enough to drive any sane anime fan insane. x___x;; okay, so I border sane and insane, and I'm already past the cosplay line (I have a cloak being shipped to me for Yasumicon), but you know what I mean.

Same here. After I played KH, I wanted anything Final Fantasy. Thats why I ran around the different stores to get VII and VIII and X. If I'm foced to see "! L0V3 G!NT@!!111!11" topics after MAR's first episode on the air, I WILL pull my hair out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:41 pm
-Digs graves for those three anime shows- Ahh yes, more shows for Cartoon Network to ruin. biggrin  

Lieutenant--Dan
Crew

Virenn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:37 pm
leiutenant_dan
-Digs graves for those three anime shows- Ahh yes, more shows for Cartoon Network to ruin. biggrin

Oh gosh, if Cartoon Network ruins MAR, I'll super angry. But if the FANGIRLS ruin MAR for me, I'll pull my hair out. crying There are enough crazy fangirls out there... the last thing we need is more because Toonami decided to put good anime on the air...

What they SHOULD do is put Sailor Moon back... I'm probably the only one who misses sitting around watching it. xD I do have the first season, but it doesn't seem the same when you're not rushing to the TV just to see a fight scene because you can't pause it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:57 am
Cartoon Network doesn't ruin EVERYTHING. == ;

It's the DU-BB-ING companies that do. -__- Get it straight.

ANd lately, the dubbing companies are doing a VERY good job with their anime.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Lieutenant--Dan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:34 am
[.Hoho-papa.]

Right, but after it's dubbed, cartoon network is the one that has the decision to put it on the air or not. >>
and if it's not the dubbing companies, it's the fangirlism that follows which ruins a show. x.x;

@ Neon: yeah, xD i miss sailor moon, too.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:52 pm
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]

Right, but after it's dubbed, cartoon network is the one that has the decision to put it on the air or not. >>
and if it's not the dubbing companies, it's the fangirlism that follows which ruins a show. x.x;

I just ignore the fangirlism.  

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Lieutenant--Dan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:30 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]

Okay.

also, if you say those dubbing companies have been doing a good job, you apparently havent seen CN's airing of Neon Genesis Evangelion. lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:24 pm
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]

Okay.

also, if you say those dubbing companies have been doing a good job, you apparently havent seen CN's airing of Neon Genesis Evangelion. lol
You mean on Cartoon Network's Giant Robot Week that happened four years ago, or Adult Swim?

In any case, the heavy editing on GRW, that was NOT Gainax or ADV that did that. That was Cartoon Network themselves.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Virenn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:07 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]

Okay.

You mean on Cartoon Network's Giant Robot Week that happened four years ago, or Adult Swim?

In any case, the heavy editing on GRW, that was NOT Gainax or ADV that did that. That was Cartoon Network themselves.
...When I watched Evangelion with my brother, I KNEW I remembered some scenes from SOMEWHERE. I told him I remember it from Giant Robot Week, and he said that Cartoon Network wouldn't air it, because of how violent Evangelion could be >.>;; Now I have the right to say "In your face!!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:00 am
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]

Okay.

Adult Swim gonk  

Lieutenant--Dan
Crew

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:48 am
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan
[.Hoho-papa.]
leiutenant_dan

Okay.

Adult Swim gonk
Wikipedia
Unlike the show's run on Toonami, the Adult Swim run is only lightly edited, usually the seven dirty words. However, the slides which reflect the character's feelings have been replaced from their original japanese lettering with english subtitles on the bottom. The slides aired on Adult Swim are fully written in english, with a slight delay allowing easy reading.

Mmmm, Wikipedia.

Or are you perhcance referring to ADV's dubbing of Eva? Or are you getting anime liscensing, or those who show it mixed up?

Anime, Manga, Cartoons, and Games.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff