Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Opinion/Psychological] First and Favorite Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is your first pairing, your favorite pairing?
Yes, _______ is meh OTP!!!
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
No, but it's pretty high up there
36%
 36%  [ 12 ]
No, but I still like it
30%
 30%  [ 10 ]
No, and I don't support it any more
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poll Whore
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
........ 8?
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 33

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:27 pm
Amongst all my friends, nearly all of them say that their first pairing, is there favorite pairing. My friend Rin, for instance, like TsuSoka (Tsuzuki/Hisoka of Yami no Matsuei) before she liked any other pairings, and they are still her favorites.

My friend Kris liked Olric/Yumi (Code Lyoko) before any other, and they are her OTP...

And... well, I suppose I can let you in on a little secret... despite what most of my peers/family think, my first pairing wasn't puppyshipping (Seto/Joey) and it isn't my favorite (although it is high up there)

Puppyshipping was the first thing I ever read fanfiction for however...

When I was 8, I will admit, I fathomed (coughhacktotallyobsessedovercough) the thought that Draco liked Harry... I was a very odd... 3rd grader...

None the less, Harry/Draco is infact, my favorite pairing, so it stands to point... so I just want to know how many other people this applies to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:02 am
Hmmm... interesting. It hasn't worked like that for me though, the first pairings I really liked were (going way back) from Gundam Wing (Wufei/Trowa) and DBZ (Goku/Vegeta). I'll still read them sometimes but I wouldn't say the pairings were my favourites.

Maybe it's because once I discovered slash (as opposed to shounen-ai/yaoi) I liked it so much better. I don't watch a lot of anime anymore - but I watch plenty of TV so I guess that's affected my fave pairings. Plus I discovered Harry Potter (pretty late, after the CoS film came out) which quickly became my major fandom interest! smile

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Aeronwyn
Hmmm... interesting. It hasn't worked like that for me though, the first pairings I really liked were (going way back) from Gundam Wing (Wufei/Trowa) and DBZ (Goku/Vegeta). I'll still read them sometimes but I wouldn't say the pairings were my favourites.

Maybe it's because once I discovered slash (as opposed to shounen-ai/yaoi) I liked it so much better. I don't watch a lot of anime anymore - but I watch plenty of TV so I guess that's affected my fave pairings. Plus I discovered Harry Potter (pretty late, after the CoS film came out) which quickly became my major fandom interest! smile

Yeah, I suppose if you stop watching that much of a show, it would die down... my interest in Yu-Gi-Oh! is dying a bit (but not much 'cause of the mangas) since the show ended a couple of weeks ago.

Harry Potter pwns... I discovered it in... 1999 or 2000...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:54 pm
~My newest fandom is my favourite, and has my favourite pairings. I don't really read my first fandom anymore, but I never really had an OTP in it to begin with.  

Asteren

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ianthine

Dapper Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:24 pm
.. My first pairing for Harry Potter was Draco/Harry, and that's still my favorite pairing for HP. For Naruto, my first pairing was Sasuke/Naruto, and that's still my favorite. =D

Well actually, now that I think of it, my first pairing on HP was Draco/Hermione. I don't even read that anymore though. =/ D/H was just my first .. yaoi pairing?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:18 pm
It depends. For a lot of series I don't even have an OTP because I like a lot of different pairings. Like in YGO, for example, I like Seto/Jou the most but I also love Yami/Jou, Ishizu/Seto, Mai/Jou, and lots of other pairings too. I also tend to think that they all really, really work. I think for that series, the first pairing I liked was Yugi/Jou but by this point I don't even like it anymore.

I think it's a little rare for me to get an OTP out of the first pairing I slash. This is 'cause in a lot of series there is a good flow of new characters introduced. So, like in Naruto, I thought Sasuke and Naruto were perfect for each other when the series started. But then Gaara was introduced and I started to think that Naruto and Gaara had good chemistry. This belief increased as the series continued. My love for NaruSasu died after their falling out (because Sasuke is an a-hole and doesn’t deserve Naruto) then there was the whole business with Akatsuki and I was completely moved by Naruto’s devotion. Oh and that moment when Naruto brings Gaara back. OMG <3

*coughs* Now if a story introduces all it's characters very early on, or if I think there is only one really slashy pairing (Kurama/Hiei from Yuu Yuu Hakusho) then my OTP may never change. This happened in Gundam Wing, Slam Dunk (though a little later for this one because Mitsui wasn't introduced immediately but not to far off into the series), and Digimon 02.

Oh and I think this topic could have been posted in the general forum. ^^;;;;  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PsychoPsychologist13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 pm
U kno wut? I cant really figure out my first pairing. I used to not really be into romances. I have to think... I dunno

But wut does OTP mean?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:06 am
OTP means "one true pairing," the pairing you hold above all others.

Heero/Duo was my first love. In fact, I can remember getting into the yaoi fandom because of a 1x2 songfic called "Angels Would Fall." :/ I can't find it anywhere anymore, which disappoints me because it was a really sweet fic.

While 1x2 is no longer my OTP, it does still rank pretty high on the list. n.n Yay.

Kami Llama

Northern Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:02 am
I stumbled upon slash quite sometime ago, and oddly enough I found the heart BEST heart pairing first... which is of course SNARRY!!!!
(hehehe if you cant tell I still like my first 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:03 pm
My first pairing was Trowa/Quatre in Gundam Wing, and though I still think they're adorable, my favorite pairing currently is, sadly enough, my two OCs, Engel and Keiri. sweatdrop For non OCs, though, my OTP would probably be the one that caught my attention the longest, Tasuki/Nuriko, from Fushigi Yuugi. (Even though I find Chichiri/Nuriko to be much more interesting, it's soooo much harder to write)  

RionaDaidouji

~mikenno~

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:37 am
My first pairing was Kai X Ray from Beyblade sweatdrop I had an obsession over it. But in all honesty I still think it's cute.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:37 pm
dragon_nymph
I stumbled upon slash quite sometime ago, and oddly enough I found the heart BEST heart pairing first... which is of course SNARRY!!!!

aanfsdfhonkl SNARRY. heart

Hmm. When i first got into the yaoi scene (uh..let's just say a long time ago, shall we? sweatdrop ), my OTP was 13x5 (Treize/Wufei, Gundam Wing). Gods, it was my absolute best pairing and you couldn't pull me away from that with nothing.

Nowadays, while it's still quite lovely, it's not my favourite. Sadly, my favourite changes almost day to day, but a top few remain..
(oh, and I really don't believe in just one "true"OTP. I have..a LOT of OTPs!)

Snake/Otacon, for one. (Young!Ocelot/Otacon, as well. CRACK PAIRING WUT)
Axel/Roxas is a recent, and lovely, pairing, but almost anyone who likes yaoi is into that one, so I'll move on (Pratically canon, for goodness sakes)
Vincent/Sephiroth is a BIG, and quite possibly, my favorite one. I, uh, won't get into it here.
Shikamaru/Chouji is interesting as well. Didn't that about that one until recently, but it makes a lot of sense. I likes it!
Snarry, as I pointed out by randomly hitting my keyboard earlier, is something I got into a only a few months ago, and I love it to death.

Eh, I guess it depends on my mood and personality at the time, so this probably wasn't very useful.

(Though, being honest, I love het as much as I do yaoi. Oh, Shino/Hina...)  

AmethystWolf

Kurai no Kuria

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:49 pm
Ever since Digimon (Matt and Tai) I've tried to stay away from OTP's...that is until recently. And Naruto of all fandoms! What the hell? Yep, Gaara and Naruto for me too. (Naruto and Sasuke is Duo and Heero all over again)

To me, slashing is like having fun with characters, checking out their cannon relationships and seeing if you can mess with them while keeping it relatively in character.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:00 pm
Cyrus and Glenn were the first people I ever started slashing. I still swear there really is something going on between them, and it's more me blasting THEY'RE GAY DAMMIT than me finding that particular pairing hot... but still, they're my favorite. Even though they're far from causing any nosebleeds.  

Lucca Ashtear

Ethello

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:22 pm
Well, my first pairing was Yuki/shuichi (Gravatation, dur) And they are deffenatly not my favorite, by any means. At first I thought they were the be-all-end-all of couples, but, I have grown older and wiser. ^^
I still love 'em because they we're my first but they're not my fav' not my a long shot.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff