Reply ~ Main Forum ~
um...satanist guilds? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

m. schiste13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:55 am
um...what's the deal with all the satanists guilds. I mean, I'm not trying to start anything but satanism?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:19 am
m. schiste13
um...what's the deal with all the satanists guilds. I mean, I'm not trying to start anything but satanism?

"but satanism?"

What is wrong with it?

Gaia is host to many other religious type guilds. People want a place to feel accepted. Since you don't come across many satanic churces in local communities, it is logical that people would take their beliefs here.

P.s. Satan rocks!
w00t

ieatyourtclol

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:38 am
Its the internet. People do whatever they want. Most cities don't have large enough satanist followings to have large organizations, so the internet seems like a good enough place for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:21 am
celebie.exe
m. schiste13

"but satanism?"

What is wrong with it?

Gaia is host to many other religious type guilds. People want a place to feel accepted. Since you don't come across many satanic churces in local communities, it is logical that people would take their beliefs here.

P.s. Satan rocks!
w00t

It disturbs me how many people claim to be Satanists, but do not really believe anything involved.  

zz1000zz
Crew

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:20 am
The way I see it, if other religions, my own included, get guilds, then why not Satanism?

Acctualy, alot of real Satanists aren't really as bad as people think. They do have their ten commandments, it's really just that they take the devil's side, for whatever reason.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:40 am
zz1000zz
celebie.exe
m. schiste13

"but satanism?"

What is wrong with it?

P.s. Satan rocks!
w00t

It disturbs me how many people claim to be Satanists, but do not really believe anything involved.

i was disturbed, but i'm disturbing too, so im not disturbed anymore  

m. schiste13

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:45 am
To each their own really. Religion is set up to give people a feeling and sense of belonging and acceptance. I find it no more unusual than chritian guilds or wiccian guilds really. Perhaps I disagree moreso with the tennants of some religions than others, but I also can understand why there would be a need for some people to have such a place exist.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:05 am
Hey, can I tell you a secret. Come closer. That's it. GET OVER IT! These things happen, and there's not s**t you can do about it.  

Elochai Sammael

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:22 am
stare nothing wrong with gettin in touch with your inner animal in an attempt to boost your self essteam.

If i start reading about alter ******** and animal body parts. Somebody is getting kained.

My mom is a quaker, shes more violent then most Santnists I know. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:31 am
Nyed
stare nothing wrong with gettin in touch with your inner animal in an attempt to boost your self essteam.

If i start reading about alter ******** and animal body parts. Somebody is getting kained.

My mom is a quaker, shes more violent then most Santnists I know. rolleyes

If _I_ see a bunch of sterotypical mumbo jumbo springing from this thread... it's going to get locked as being counterproductive. stare Understood everyone?
Freedom of religion doesn't mean just when it makes you feel comfortable and safe. It means freedom of religion period.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Illuminee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:10 am
^-^;;
If that freaks you out, it's best to ignore.

Not that I care of course.
Let them eat cake.

^Just an expression^

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:59 am
Hee, I'm guilty of having a sig that links to an advertisement of two different satanists guilds.

Quote:
I'm not trying to start anything but satanism?

What are the connotations behind that "but satanism?" are you saying why would anyone be interested in it?

Well a myriad of reasons, including the beleif that the moral structure placed by RHP religions is constricting, a beleif that humans, and human sin are not actually bad things, some of the theistic ones see Satan as a friend, not an enemy, prehaps because they beleive that people shouldn't be stupid, self defeating, pretentious, or any of the other satanic sins.

The reasons are wide and varied.

If you don't like the guilds, don't join them. They're only there for people who are interested anyway.  

Celria

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:45 pm
Celria
Hee, I'm guilty of having a sig that links to an advertisement of two different satanists guilds.

Quote:
I'm not trying to start anything but satanism?

What are the connotations behind that "but satanism?" are you saying why would anyone be interested in it?

Well a myriad of reasons, including the beleif that the moral structure placed by RHP religions is constricting, a beleif that humans, and human sin are not actually bad things, some of the theistic ones see Satan as a friend, not an enemy, prehaps because they beleive that people shouldn't be stupid, self defeating, pretentious, or any of the other satanic sins.

The reasons are wide and varied.

If you don't like the guilds, don't join them. They're only there for people who are interested anyway.

thanks i got what i was looking for from lurichan though  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:52 pm
I don't know how to take that, are you m. schiste13 on a mule?  

Celria

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:30 am
yeah, im schiste, too, sometimes it gets confusing, i know  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items