Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Golly! A Great British Duel? - aka.Let's be 'aving yer! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:18 am
Well... basically what the title says. I have Invi's blessing to make such a thread, so don't accuse me of posting irrelevant topics!

Air your grieviances here, be it a gun fight, sword fight, martial or otherwise.
xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:56 am
Now...
Where is that vagabond Wiggster?
3nodding  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:37 pm
Wiggster can wait, we still need to settle the Idlewild V Nightwish arguement. Rapiers alright for you?

To think...this is the kind of behavior that you criticised in the GLEA  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:02 pm
and_solo_said
Wiggster can wait, we still need to settle the Idlewild V Nightwish arguement. Rapiers alright for you?

Why of course! *draws rapier and checks point*
At least Idlewild ARE British!

Not quite - I allow it on occasion. Hence I lock the threads until such an occasion arises...  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:07 pm
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

Not quite - I allow it on occasion. Hence I lock the threads until such an occasion arises...

I take it we shall be using English rules, as opposed to such ghastly disciplines as Italian....And at least Nightwish have a singer who can still do the original songs!

That system was the brainchild of me and Andy I shall have you know!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:12 pm
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

I take it we shall be using English rules, as opposed to such ghastly disciplines as Italian....And at least Nightwish have a singer who can still do the original songs!

*Raises blade* Chide me not! Idlewild have originality through their poetic lyrics and post-modernity!

Oh. So that's what you want. A clandestine white text duel, eh? Well - I mentioned the whole duel thread idea first! *Lunges invisibly*  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:16 pm
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

*Raises blade* Chide me not! Idlewild have originality through their poetic lyrics and post-modernity!

Oh. So that's what you want. A clandestine white text duel, eh? Well - I mentioned the whole duel thread idea first! *Lunges invisibly*

Yes, but Nightwish have a neo-classical-romantic view of a philosophical plain of mind and mmatter, expressed through means of complex fantasy, and songs that last a reasonable length of time *makes for a cleave*

*parries invisible lunge and makes for a cleave to match that which he expressed in the visible duel*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:19 pm
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

Yes, but Nightwish have a neo-classical-romantic view of a philosophical plain of mind and mmatter, expressed through means of complex fantasy, and songs that last a reasonable length of time *makes for a cleave*

*parries invisible lunge and makes for a cleave to match that which he expressed in the visible duel*

Come to think of it, seeing that I like both Idlewild AND Nightwish this whole duel is pretty pointless... (no pun intended) *parries cleave, holds defence*

*Deflects invisible cleave, pointing out that there is actually no point in having simultaneous duels...*  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:21 pm
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

Come to think of it, seeing that I like both Idlewild AND Nightwish this whole duel is pretty pointless... (no pun intended) *parries cleave, holds defence*

*Deflects invisible cleave, pointing out that there is actually no point in having simultaneous duels...*

I concurr. *draws stilleto (dagger not shoe) and commences dual wield*

*Seizes chance in moment of contemplation and makes lunge*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:29 pm
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Nebelstern
and_solo_said

I concurr. *draws stilleto (dagger not shoe) and commences dual wield*

*Seizes chance in moment of contemplation and makes lunge*

Now, now! No duel wielding - this is a rapier sparring match! I thought we finished anyway? *deftly parries by jumping aside* sweatdrop

Here too!! *unharmed by invisible nature of attack*  

Nebelstern
Crew

Arivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:40 pm
Dear God Invi, what were you thinking? Ah well...
*leans against a suddenly appeared tree and watches*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:45 pm
Arivel

I rather had the idea we were duelling in a fencing hall of some kind. Ahh well...
I suppose it could be some sort of grand glass tree sanctuary...
*thoughts wander*

Nebelstern
Crew

Arivel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:51 pm
Nebelstern
Arivel

I rather had the idea we were duelling in a fencing hall of some kind. Ahh well...
*thoughts wander*

You are duelling in a fencing hall. I just felt like leaning on a tree so I made one appear. My tree. *hugs tree* Grr... Stay away. *sticks a suddenly appeared sign into the ground that says "Arivel's tree. Get lost."* See? My tree. Enjoy your duel.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:53 pm
How appropriate, you fight like a cow! smile  

Zoutout

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:56 pm
Arivel
Nebelstern
Arivel

*thoughts wander*

You are duelling in a fencing hall. I just felt like leaning on a tree so I made one appear. My tree. *hugs tree* Grr... Stay away. *sticks a suddenly appeared sign into the ground that says "Arivel's tree. Get lost."* See? My tree. Enjoy your duel.

I was under the impression that the duel had finished some time ago...
*rapier disappears as does the grand glass tree sanctuary/fencing hall leaving a single tree in blackness*

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff