Reply Fantasy Books Guild
The Cry of the Icemark

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iganie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:57 pm
What do you think, character wise, of the book the cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill?

In my opinion Thirrin was a good character in how she was a princess but still acted like a warrior  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:14 am
I've read it and thought that Thirren was a cool character how she was a princess warrior it was nice to see that her best friend the warlock had the exact opposite personality as her  

sabriel111

Setsuna Rainrix

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:13 pm
What's it about?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:06 am
I liked it, and I really liked all the non-human creatures and how the invaders spoke the quote of the Caesar, but I thought that the ending was a little timid in comparison with the rest of the book.  

Pwale

900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Verlindaine333

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:32 am
I love Grishmak and Tharaman Thar, they were both cool. Grishmak had a sense of humor but still acted regal enough for a monarch and Tharaman Thar and Taradan were just downright awesome in every way!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:35 pm
it's about this thirteen year old girl named Thirrin who has to forge an alliance with weird countries that her people haven't gone to in ever because her dad died in battle with the same country they are going to have to defeat to keep their country Icemark.  

scarlett enchantress

Dancing_Esli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:36 am
I just bought the book and I still have to start in it (I have too many books gonk ) but I'm really curious about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:53 pm
I think the characters are really good. All of them were nicely developed, but yeah, I agree with Lady Greenwitch on the weak ending. Maybe it's a set up for a sequel...  

Altair Kingsfeather

ckmidnight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:42 pm
I think Thirrin was the best character. She kind of reminds me of Alanna and Kel from Tamora Pierce combined. Actually, Tharaman- Thar might have been the best. He was funny. And beautiful. Yeah, I'll go with Tharaman- Thar. Oh, and I got the sequel, Blade of Fire (duh, there's a sequel). I started it, but I kinda got sidetracked.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:33 pm
we're learning about the Roman Empire, and suddenly the book makes a lot more sense! I want to read the sequal, too  

Altair Kingsfeather

ANARA Airlyn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:51 pm
THE NEXT BOOK ISNT ABOUT THIRIN but her kids (her son is the hero and her daughter the villan) but that just what i heard so...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:59 pm
I tried the second book, but I couldn't get into it even though I'm dying to know what happens. Oh well, I'll try it again in a month. It's too bad that the girl is the bad character because she reminds me of myself. (That's not a good thing is it?)  

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

Mikiela

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:26 am
i hope there'll be a third.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:15 am
i love this book. I never did realize that Thirrin does remind me of Alanna and Kel from Tamora Pierce. I want to read Blade of Fire, but haven't gotten the chance.  

Daffy16

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff