Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Basics of Paganism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Kuro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:22 pm
First off, I guess I am ambiguous. It is not currently my favorite for it leaves you in a state that feels like you are child. I wish to learn about paganism. Sub-areas of my interest would be basics, origination, and history. I wish to indulge my curious nature and seek fulfillment.
I have already signed up for the mentoring program and will soon check out the 'Summer Reads' section. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
One question I would just like to go ahead and ask is ' What is fluff in the sense that the name of the guild is named after?' I saw fluff whilst in the mentor forum and when I requested to join was inquiring about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:37 pm
You know what this will probably die soon. I just found a pm listing.  

Ame Kuro

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:20 pm
Fluffy means different things to different people.

To me, and a number of other people in this guild, it means “Willful Ignorance”. That is to say- an individual who has been shown proof of the contrary clings to the falsehood because they like it better.

For example:

Someone says “Wiccans were burned at the Salem Witch trials!”.

My reaction to this (when I am not in an overly cynical mood) is to cite the trial transcripts to show that no-one was burned at the Salem trials, then show that Wicca is a fifty year old religion, and explain that there were no Wiccans during the Puritan age.

I can show examples of how old the religion is, quote lineaged Wiccans and the creator of the religion itself. It all falls on deaf ears because the romantic image of the “Wiccan” being burned by the eB!L Xtians is what they want to believe.

There are people who are ignorant. There are people who are uneducated. Then there are people who in the face of proof and reason, cling to those things because personal fantasy validates their self image better than reality.

That's a FluffyBunny.

This guild is here because at some point, people agree that theology outside of YHVH in Western practice is more than a club, it's actually a solid faith worthy of belief and scholarship.

To those ends, we make an effort to help those who have been lured into the scene by the sparkly bits so that they can become well adjusted members of said scene.

The most common Fluffies I have seen in my life are the IRAB Wiccans and the G~ Hippies.

IRAB Wiccans I have more patience for. I don't mind their position, as long as they defend it with intelligence.

G~ Hippies earn my wrath a great deal faster- and usually end up finishing their day on a sour note for having crossed me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:37 pm
TeaDidikai

IRAB Wiccans I have more patience for. I don't mind their position, as long as they defend it with intelligence.

G~ Hippies earn my wrath a great deal faster- and usually end up finishing their day on a sour note for having crossed me.

I have no idea what IRAB stands for...enlighten me plz? sweatdrop  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:28 am
Kuroiban
I have no idea what IRAB stands for...enlighten me plz? sweatdrop

I Read A Book  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:59 am
I knew the IRAB one, but this is the first time I've seen 'G~ hippies' used. What's that one stand for, then?  

Maze

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:05 am
Maze
I knew the IRAB one, but this is the first time I've seen 'G~ hippies' used. What's that one stand for, then?

Please don't kill me for saying this Tea:
Gypsie

*runduckhidecowerwhimper*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:57 am
reagun ban

Pish. She asked a question.

Although- if you are going to answer- might be a good idea to explain why the word isn't something I typed out.

Most people in the guild are used to me pitching a fit over it- but as this was made by a new member, best tell them that it's an ethnic slur and all.  

TeaDidikai

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:29 pm
TeaDidikai
reagun ban

Pish. She asked a question.

Although- if you are going to answer- might be a good idea to explain why the word isn't something I typed out.

Most people in the guild are used to me pitching a fit over it- but as this was made by a new member, best tell them that it's an ethnic slur and all.

s**t, I'm sorry. I meant to.
I was in work and we were called to a meeting, I must have pressed submit on the wrong form.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:57 pm
reagun ban

s**t, I'm sorry. I meant to.
I was in work and we were called to a meeting, I must have pressed submit on the wrong form.

No worries Hun. ~hugs~  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces