Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Religon] Why? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+Joygasam+

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:23 pm
Well Im gay....But im a christian... My church accepts me because I am a huge donater but for nothing else....no one will sit by me accept maybe a dust bunny...It really hurts. I became gay when I found out my parents hated me for being depressed. They are alcoholics and I live with my grandparents now...they dont care but My church now...hates me  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:13 pm
Lifes rough and it can be cruel you just have to pull through im sorry about your parents when I came out the next thing you know im on the floor and my dad has three scars on his neck sweatdrop yea, but it's happened to me when I first came out which was in middle school I didnt have friends if anyone talked to me it was becuase they wanted me to help them with homework, just... just dont assume that everyone hates you  

Frost Miu

Fashionable Millionaire

7,825 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Party Animal 100
  • Millionaire 200

Rue (Lement)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:30 pm
Yea life can suck really bad, but as long as yo go on you can always say your better than the people who hate you. And it may take some searching but there are gay/lesbian churches out there. I know my grandmother and her lover go to one and im so proud of them. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:43 pm
Churches are often over sensitive. I am a member of such a church. I have come to the realization over the last couple of months that I no longer believe in churches and listen to what I think God is telling me instead. I have always thought that homosexual/heterosexual relationships are on the same level in God's eyes. There are probably people within the church who support you. Seek them out. If not, well, there has never been much hope for the human race. Even in my unheard of Montana town there is one church that accepts people as they are. I hope that your entire church is not so blind as to ignore the wonderful person in front of them.  

stardancer

Twilight Seraphim

1,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:09 am
Thats so mean that they dont accept you and only seem to tolerate you because your a big donater. There might be some people who don't hate you so I suggest you try and find them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:01 pm
I've stopped going to church alrogether. People there will complain about the tiniest things, and they have (like wearing a plain black t-shirt). And knowing my pastor, she'd try to "talk me out of it".
That was just my solution.
If all your church likes you for is money, you should find a better place to donate to that accepts you for who you are.  

Kaiju Koi

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:06 pm
I'm a gay Christian myself, although I haven't come out to my church, yet. (I probably won't, either, since I'm moving soon, so I'll be changing churches)

One thing I'll be sure to do when I'm done moving is take a look at all the different churches nearby, and talking to the pastors to see what their thoughts are on homosexuality. I'd preffer a Catholic church, but denomination isn't a big thing to me, so long as it's Christian, and open minded, I'm good.

Perhaps look around at other churches in your area. I know that there are churches that are accepting of the GLBT community, you just have to find them!

I also know a good forum you can go to that can help dealing with being gay and Christian. I don't know if I can post links here, so PM me if you're interested!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:25 am
I'm Christian to. My outlook on situations like this is. If God didn't want there to homosexuals he never would have made them this way. God is suppossed to be perfect right?

~mikenno~

PsychoPsychologist13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:16 pm
Mmm, i cant say i'd be much of any help. If i had my own church i'd have a sign that said "All People Accepted Here", but that doesnt really work since I'm Buddhist.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:05 pm
When I'm Standing In The Pouring Rain, I Don't Mind...

Sweet, a really old thread I can post in. Hope you guys don't mind.

Church is a more organized way to discuss a specific religion. Unfortunately, most religions are very conservative. Homosexuality is a very taboo topic in today's society, and moreso in religion. In my opinion, though I am an athiest, a church or temple or any other religious building is merely there to put a face on a belief. You as a Christian know the moral values and teachings of the Bible, et cetera. You don't have to go to church every Sunday to repent and all that s**t you guys do.

Change churches. Don't go to church. If you're not Catholic, you're all set to be a Christian without a church. Except for Catholicism, there's no middle man to go through to be forgiven so why bother? You can do your thing without a church.

...My mom's been making me go to church all my life. >.> Guess I know a thing or two now.

I Think Of You, And Everything's Alright

D ! n o c o c k .

Tsukiko Milani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:08 pm
I'm a Christian too, but I'm not really too sure that I can be much help... I'd pretty much agree with what everyone else is saying though, about finding another church with people who accept you for who you are. They are out there, so you should probably consider changing churches.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:46 am
It can be harsh when your religious community can't acceot you for what you are. Here where I live, there aren't many Catholic churches, mostly Orthodox, and there aren't many people that believe that homosexuality is a sin. I believe there is always someone that can accept you for what you are, but there are these exceptions... There are many churches that accept homosexuality and will respect you for the being you are. After all, if oyu are a good Christian and truly believe, no person in your church has the right to tell you that you are sinful/evil because you are homosexual.  

AmethystLexi

Bunniechild

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:29 pm
crying Oh guys I'm so sorry for you. Don't ever listen to stupid churches. I'm a devote Christian but I don't hate people for who they love. So you love the same gender, it doesn't make you evil or sinful. I think the house of god is within your heart and soul so a building or gathering is not necessary.

redface Uhh...I got carried away but seriously don't take what they say or think to heart. There are those who will always love and support you. And you may not realize it but God does too.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:10 pm
Let me hear the melody...

Life was never fair, mind you. Just bear the pain, and in time you'll see its benefits. ^^ I see that the church is still accepting you because of your donations. Then I suggest you start showing the church that they should accpet you for who you are, and not for your donations.

If no one would sit beside you, then don't care. At least you're still going to Sunday mass. ^^ Be optimistic. ^^

...Of your voice. heart

Hyuuga Kasumi

Dental Damnation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:43 pm
Dude, find a different church. Seriously. What they're doing is wrong and cruel to you. mad
If there's goth churches, there's bound to be gay/lesbian churches.
I'm sorry that you have such bad problems but you're Christian, right?
You still have God and He'll ALWAYS love you for who you are mrgreen
Oh, and us. You'll always have us too wink  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas