yep
  no, ewww.
View Results

januaryfreeze92

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:38 am
Who here LOVES this book??? lol.

Things to talk about...
THE GUARDIANS OF TIME TRILOGY
Arkarian and Isabel ^_^ (i love that couple, lol)
Other soul mates
Rochelle's death
The underworld
anything that relates!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:43 pm
no one replied yet!!! crying  

januaryfreeze92

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:49 pm
And bumping the thread up won't help if no one's read it, either.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:06 pm
NightIntent
And bumping the thread up won't help if no one's read it, either.

yes, ma'am.  

januaryfreeze92

Giggles_36

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:23 pm
I've never read it...what's it about, because I'm looking for something fantastic to read... (if I read it quickly, I can comment on your topic! mrgreen )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:17 am
I loved these books sooooo much!

I'm always short on cash and as a result don't buy books unless i absolutely love them and I bought these... ahhh... if Arkarian was a person I'd lock him in my basement... lol... or something less cruel... either way.  

undomesticated

januaryfreeze92

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:56 pm
Giggles_36
I've never read it...what's it about, because I'm looking for something fantastic to read... (if I read it quickly, I can comment on your topic! mrgreen )

It's great! it's about some people that can go back in time and save the future, but it is DEFINATELY not sci-fi. They keep going back because there are two siblings that are immortals. One is good, one is bad. the sister keeps trying to ruin the future and make herself wealthy whilst the other tries to prevent it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:09 pm
undomesticated
I loved these books sooooo much!

I'm always short on cash and as a result don't buy books unless i absolutely love them and I bought these... ahhh... if Arkarian was a person I'd lock him in my basement... lol... or something less cruel... either way.

Ha, my friend actually used to obsess over how hot he would be in person, lol  

januaryfreeze92

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:08 am
So would you say this is just as good as Harry Potter and other famous books, or just a good read?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:49 pm
ohhh! I've heard of them! But theydon't have them at our library!! crying  

Tarantellatears

Eragon-12015

13,225 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:09 pm
I read the first one! I was looking around my library in town and picked it up. It looked good so I read it and loved it. I really wanted to read the next one but....THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT!!!! I was so upset so now I'll have to buy them if I see them anywhere else. I also read another one of her books I think that was called Old Magic. It's about this girl and her aunt who are what people think are witches. The truth be told they actually are witches. Now there's this kid who comes to town cursed with the most horrible black luck. He's the seventh son of a seventh son I think and that's what brings the ancient curse upon him. So The girl goes back in time with him to break the curse upon his family. I'll let you read to find out what happens next but I found it rather enjoyable.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:24 pm
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series. exclaim exclaim People that like Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl will probably enjoy it. You want to know what it's about?

Two immortal siblings are at war and have mortals work for them. The evil side is the Order of Chaos and the good are the Guardians of Time. The Order goes back in time to change history and create - you guessed it - chaos. The Guardians work to stop them. Each Guardian has at least two psychic powers. The first book starts with teenage Ethan getting his first apprentice, who turns out to be his ex-best friend's younger sister that fancied him when they were children. All of the Guardians are in a Prophecy that will be fulfilled by the time the trilogy ends.

I don't want to spoil too much, but I want to talk about my opinion...Ethan is my favourite character, no doubt about it! smile Because he never liked a certain character, I knew that person was the traitor from the beginning. My sister didn't guess correctly, and was surprised when the truth was revealed.

I don't like Rochelle; she's rarely happy and isn't nearly good enough for Ethan. I don't like Matt either because self-pitying people seriously piss me off. evil As a result, I have to agree tha Arkarian and Isabel are my favourite couple because they're the only pairing where I actually am fond of both of the characters. That's something good about the characters in general: All of them are flawed, so there's never the unrealistic "hero" personality.

Arkarian is easily the person that I love second-most in the series. To use the author's own words from an interview, "He's so wise and gentle." Is it just me, or do the purple eyes and blue hair make him look like an anime character? lol

I hated the ending of the final book. It was so abrupt. There was no sense of closure. A character died and then the story just...stopped. stare It annoyed me so much that I wrote an epilogue to the story in a fan fiction to give myself closure.

In spite of the incomplete ending, it's a great series and I recommend it.

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

g-bearbabe

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:40 am
I loved this series although it is not on my all time best list. I however think that she should have given everyone a little more time to adjust to their circumstances. Also I think that we should see some more from the couple that gets bonded at the end and she gets immortality. why did the author end it there? I was ready for some more...  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:18 pm
I think I read the first one and liked it but lately I've had so much homework I haven't had time for reading. (I know.)I 'll need to do that for summer reading.  

fairywaif

music_of_shadows

Cluttered Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:45 am
I completely agree with Minerva, and Lorian was my absolute favorite character, so I hated The Key. Arkarian was a close second, of course. But what makes me mad is that I've looked at a million fanfictions, and not one features anything of Lorian (nothing good anyway)! But up until the third one, I really liked the trilogy. Rochelle is one of my least favorite characters, and I don't really like Neriah either. They both seem to whine too much, especially Neriah.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games