Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Awasome!
  *Dances around*
View Results

IfAngelsBurn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:43 pm
Does anyone else like Paranormal or Fantasy Romance?

If so, what are some of your favorite authors? I can name over a hundred.

Laurell K. Hamilton.
Christine Feehan.
Susan Squires.
Nina Bangs.
Lynn Vhiel.
Maggie Shayne.
Kim Harrison.
Kelley Armstrong.
Katie MacAlister.
Jade Lee.
Robin t. Popp.
Rosemary Laurey.
Kerrelyn Sparks.
Kassandra Sims.
Angelina Knight.
Deidre Knight.
Lora Leigh
Mario Acevedo.
Shannon Drake.

And the list could go on and on and on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:51 pm
I've been reading quite a bit of paranormal romance lately, actually. A lot of it I don't really like, but I really love Maryjanice Davidon's books. The Undead and... series is awesome.

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors, ever.

I've heard of Karrelyn Sparks--I think I read a book by her, but I can't remember the title. I know one of her books is on my to-get list but, again, can't remember the title.

I've read one book by Angela Knight, Master of the Night, and wasn't so impressed by it. I much prefered the short story I read by her, but I can't remember the title of the anthology it was in. (I'm bad at remembering titles, have you noticed?)

I wasn't too impressed by Laurell K. Hamilton's books that I've read, but then I've only read two, Blue Moon and Nightseer, I think it was. I should probably try her older books in the Anita Blake series, but I have too much else to buy to bother in the near future.

Kim Harrison is an excellent author. I'm currently waiting to buy Definitely Dead, her new book, but haven't got the money to buy the hardcover at the moment. I may have to wait for the paperback. As is, I love her Sookie Stackhouse series, and Grave Sight was really good. I'm toying with the idea of reading her Shakespeare mystery series, but, again, too much else to buy first.

I've been meaning to read a book by Christine Feehan, but haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

Oh! I remember what book I read by Kerrelyn Sparks! How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire. It wasn't great, but the sequel sounds like it'l be funny. It's about Roman's displaced harem. n.n

A good paranormal romance author that I need to read more of is Lilith Saintcrow. I've read summaries of all her books on Amazon, and there's one thing I don't understand: How can she have two entirely seperate characters with the same name, in two seperate books, practically in two seperate worlds? That would be confusing to write about! However, her book Working for the Devil was good. But it shouldn't have any sequels. At all. It just won't make any sense.  

NightIntent
Captain

IfAngelsBurn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:54 pm
Definitely Dead is out on paperback. I saw it at my work yesterday because I shelved it. So go and take another look, it should be there.

I just read way to many books.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:04 pm
No, it can't be out in paperback yet. It just came out in May or something. Maybe Dead as a Doornail is, but that came out last year and I already have it. But Definitely Dead likely won't be in paperback until this time next year.  

NightIntent
Captain

IfAngelsBurn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:26 pm
NightIntent
No, it can't be out in paperback yet. It just came out in May or something. Maybe Dead as a Doornail is, but that came out last year and I already have it. But Definitely Dead likely won't be in paperback until this time next year.

Eh, I'll check when I go into work tomorrow. I might be thinking of Dead as a Doornail.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:07 pm
I kinda liked Everville, by Clive Barker, which is kind of a paranormal romance. It has people entering a world of dreams and some really nasty magical rites.

Actually, a lot of Clive Barker is kind of paranormal romance*, or, at least, paranormal eroticism, which, to me, is romance without the whine.

*The Books of Blood, for instance, feature a couple straight relationship stories where at least one participant is a paranormal creature.  

Harbone

Setsuna Rainrix

7,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:17 pm
Patrice Michelle, Katie MacAlister, and Laurell K. Hamilton are the best.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:06 am
I've read Sherrilyn Kenyon's books and i really loved it! 4laugh and also Stephenie Meyer's books (it's for young adults but I still enjoyed reading it... heehee 4laugh )  

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

lovebooks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:11 am
I've read a lot of the authors on the list

Laurell K. Hamilton. (used to like, grew bored)
Christine Feehan. -love
Susan Squires. -enjoy
Nina Bangs. -enjoy
Lynn Vhiel. -not bad
Maggie Shayne. -not bad
Kim Harrison. -enjoy
Kelley Armstrong. (I haven't read her yet, i'll have to)
Katie MacAlister. -enjoy
Jade Lee. -not bad
Robin t. Popp. (i'll have to try her too)
Rosemary Laurey. -I always like adding a new author to the list I want to read.
Kerrelyn Sparks. -ditto
Kassandra Sims. -ditto
Angelina Knight. -fun
Deidre Knight. -fun
Lora Leigh -enjoy
Mario Acevedo. -have to add her to the list.
Shannon Drake. -not bad

I do have to say there are a couple on the list I adore

Charliane Harris (her southern vampire mystery series are a hoot)
and some one mentioned Maryjanice Davidson -I love her. those books are sooo funny!
and I love Sherrilyn Kenyon. especially her first two books.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:30 pm
Charaline Harris's Southern Vampire Series. About a telepathic Louisianna waitress in a world where vampires are legal citizens and her adventures with the vampires, shifters - ect. The first one is Dead Until Dark.

The Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaugh (sp?). This one is about a werewolf who runs a talk radio advice show for the paranormal. The first one is Kitty and the Midnight Hour.

the other one I've read is called Wolf Moon, about a werewolf who is running from a harper with magic and falls in love with a girl at this hotel place.

I'm just getting into this genre still but I love it so far!  

Silver.-.Bullet

babalonsatene

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:27 pm
I love Christine Feehan, very cool!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:39 am
Some of those aren't paranormal romance, they're just urban fantasy. Yeah, there's a difference. D:

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors. I like reading from Elena's POV, because Clay's my favorite character. I haven't been able to get her latest book yet though. D: I have to wait till it's in paperback.

Laurell K. Hamilton's older stuff are pretty awesome. Richard's great. I can't stand Jean-Claude though, he bugs the crap out of me because he bugs the crap out of Anita. And there's really nothing she can do about it.

I haven't read from the other authors you listed though. Recommend me some werewolf ones? XD

Rabid Nozomi

Rabid Nozomi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:42 am
Silver.-.Bullet
The Kitty Norville Series by Carrie Vaugh (sp?). This one is about a werewolf who runs a talk radio advice show for the paranormal. The first one is Kitty and the Midnight Hour.

the other one I've read is called Wolf Moon, about a werewolf who is running from a harper with magic and falls in love with a girl at this hotel place.
Wolf Moon is by Charles de Lint. It's okay for YA.

I have to second the Carrie Vaughn series, it's really good I think. I like the third one best. I can't believe the ending--such a cliffie! D: So I can't wait for the fourth book.

Any one read Patricia Briggs? She's another urban fantasy author. She wrote Moon Called and Blood Bound, and the third will be Iron Kissed. They're really good too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:17 pm
Rabid Nozomi
Some of those aren't paranormal romance, they're just urban fantasy. Yeah, there's a difference. D:

Kelley Armstrong is one of my favorite authors. I like reading from Elena's POV, because Clay's my favorite character. I haven't been able to get her latest book yet though. D: I have to wait till it's in paperback.

Laurell K. Hamilton's older stuff are pretty awesome. Richard's great. I can't stand Jean-Claude though, he bugs the crap out of me because he bugs the crap out of Anita. And there's really nothing she can do about it.

I haven't read from the other authors you listed though. Recommend me some werewolf ones? XD

There are werewolves in New Moon sequel to Twilight by Stephenie Meyer?  

Xenologista

Greencoatie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:00 am
I love Katie MacAlister. Asling Grey is fast becoming one of my favorite series to read. Jim just cracks me up. Her Dark Ones novels are good too, especially the first few.
I just got into paranormal romance so I'm going to have to check out some of the authors you've posted.

Is Laurell K. Hamilton really considered romance? I just think she's plain old smutty. They should have a special isle just for her. Not that I don't like her books, I'm reading Incubus Dreams now.

Anyway, yay for hunks of the preternatural persuasion!  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff