Banning for n00bish behavior Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiTotoro222
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:25 pm
It has come to my attention that some of you don't exactly know what a n00b is. o:
There is a difference between a newb (newbie) and a noob (n00b). A newb is a new player, and the word comes from "NEW Beginner." A noob (n00b)is a new player that disregards rules and regulations. A "n00b" acts stupidly and illiterately, and one can be a n00b regardless of experience in Gaia.

I are t3h 1337 Skyblue Ranger! >:3
Anyways, it comes to our attention that the place is getting overly unorganized and such. There's a lot of repeat topics, spam, topics in the wrong forum, etc. But most of all, the growth of terrible grammar, spam of emotions, and spelling is driving great literate members away. o:

And I love you guys to death but please, PLEASE try to write as if you were writing on a piece of paper. You don't write "i liek to 34t babys, k????" on a piece of paper, right? So please don't do it here. ;3;

If the growth of the n00bs in this guild becomes too much, we will be forced to ban some of you. ;_;

Pink Ranger (AKA Kimiyo): There are subforums for a reason. If you want to talk about Inuyasha, go to the Inuyasha subforum. It's a crazy concept, I know. xP Also, please don't be vague when giving a subject to your thread. It get quite annoying see topics with names like "Yay!" and "Hello" on the main page.

Lime Green Ranger (AKA Ono): I own you. I own your mom. I own your puppy. End of story. I hate useless topics and bad grammar, even in titles. So I will delete your threads. I also have a dirty mouth and if you have the filter thingy on, you will see lots of asterisks. For the morons, those star thingys.

Violet Ranger (AKA Violet...): The only person allowed to use 4,389,207,471,592 emoticons is me. No useless threads or I'll ban you by using sweet, rough buttsecks because it's fun. Extremely fun. And I hate love you all. <3

Gold Ranger (AKA Iya): Because asians are yellow and gold's the only shade of it you can see. I love to ban people, so you better suck up to me if you want to stay. I ban people just because they have zero post. Why you may wonder? Because I can.

Black Ranger (AKA Cami): The white dude girl is the Black Power Ranger! Also known as The Oreo or El Negro, and yes, that was a racist joke that you don't take seriously. I'm a bit of a lazy mod, but I'll flame your a** to hell if you piss me off or I'll love you to death if you love me back. And I like to pee on random things. ALSO. Polls crowd the guild. If I see them, I'll delete them. Kay?

Red Ranger (aka Tsuki): So Tsuki still lives =O. I know I'm not an active mod/member here anymore, but the same problem with noobs and spam and such is going on with the other guild I'm modding. And I won't take it here either D:. Like the other mods said, I'll ban people and delete your topics too.

Passion Purple Ranger (aka Wyrn): I've had enough of n00bs ill mannered and fashion lacking skills. Any n00b comes around me and I will ban them... I'll give them a warning for lack of fashion... maybe.

Fushigi no Kamen Rider (aka Azzy-sama): FINALLY we make a thread like this... I'm sick and tired of all the useless n00bs clogging up this fantastic guild. I remember back in the day when this guild was made up of just honest-to-goodness FANS for the anime artform... If any n00b comes near ME, I SHALL kill them. You think I'm kidding? I'm back, and more intolerant of idiocy than ever. So, to all the n00bs out there, watch your asses, or they could get FLAMED. >D There are no second chances with me. If I remember that you posted spam on a forum where it doesn't belong, I WILL BAN YOU WITHOUT HESITATION. Oh, sorry to ruin your whole Power Rangers theme, but I always liked Kamen Rider better.

Lolita Ranger ((Aka Oreo, Vanilla or Rei smile ) I'm pretty tolerant for bad spelling, but there's no excuse for what I've been seeing around here. The grammar some people use makes my eyes bleed. I'm a bit easier on people that some of the other mods, but if you make the mistake of pissing me off there's a good chance you're getting banned. N00bs, you get three chances and you're out with me. I really hate when people BS and say they read the rules and then go and post a repeat thread on the front page with a poll. DON'T DO IT IDIOTS. That is all ^_^

Vanishing Ranger (aka Dariram): Immediate big "Oh, no you didn't!" with me is bad grammar and poor typing skills. Capitalize your letters and use correct punctuation. I have no problem locking a topic and tossing it to the recycle bin. Yes, it does take time to go through and make sure it's a not a repeat topic but you are wasting MY time if I have to go through and lock yours because theres already a thread about it. I have other interests besides anime.

All of the above is true... PH33R.

Comments:

Iya: ....wow...you posted for me....thanks ono....i think... (;o-o )

Cami: Thanks, Ono. Took the words right outta my virtual mouth. Yeah. That's right. I'm a guy. Who pees on things. Got a problem with that? D:<

Violet: She did me too.... ^^;

Ono: I never knew you guys loved it that much. ;D

Chibi:OHSNAP! Tsuuuukiiiiiiii~ -glomptackleluffx9999- <33333
I thought you quit. o:

Cami:-adds something to her part-

Tsuki: @Chibi; :]]]<33. & I did quit, but I came back a little while ago. ^^

Azzy: Oi, Chibi. I might as well tell you once again that I'm back and I'm here to stay. At least for a long, long time, if not forevah. :nods: Now, I'm going on patrol... By the way, Fae-chan... ROUGH, SWEET BUTTSECKS~?!?!? XDDDD;;

Violet: Azzy-chan, you've known me long enough to notice that I would NOT right that. Ono-chan did that for me xp She did just about everyone's =333

Azzy: @Fae-chan: Oh, I know. It just made me laugh so damn hard to see that written under YOUR part of the post. XDDDDDD

Iya: Should we place a definition of newb and n00b somewhere? I'm not sure if some of the new members know the difference between the two. =/

Chibi: I added a definition of a newb/n00b, but you guys can add on to it or change it? :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:40 pm
We ban people because when you act like a freaking n00b, you drive others away.
We rather LIKE our literate members.
So if you act like a n00b, the first post has pretty much described what the ******** we're gonna do to you.
You don't have to break a rule to get banned.
We can ban someone just because we don't like the way they dress their avatar.
[[Not saying we have yet. Just using it as an example.]]
Just because we don't like the way they talk.
Because they can't spell for s**t.
And their grammar sucks more than a hooker on a Friday night.
And if you have a problem with it, then you can leave.
Plain and simple.

Any other questions?

-The Black Ranger

I like the "sucks more than a hooker on a Friday night" part. xD That made Chibi rofl waffle. xD <333  

Viva la Courtney
Crew

[.Onomatopoeia-.]
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:43 am
Sorry, Cami's meaner than me, don't take is harshly.

Basically, when we say n00b, we're referring to worthless and pointless topics people create. They obviously didn't read the rules and we actually do give warnings, but they've continued to break them for over a year, so now we are forced to show we mean what we say.

Next, typing n00bish can be fun lyke tis 4 ex but as much as I hate to say this, no one can read that after a while. Why have a guild where people with the same interest can gather but not communicate?

Worst of all, n00bs usually fangirl/boy. They create threads such as "Inuyasa ish soooooo hawt n im goin 2 hve his babes!1!!!11" and that can't be tolerated and like I said before, we give warnings and they have continued, so banning is are only option until we think of a better plan.

Is that more useful?
:]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:07 pm
My point. Exactly. That they just stated.

When I read that at first i thought instead of Inuyasha...it said Iyameshi...

I was like Ono-chan...I never knew...

violet faerie

An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas