Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Who would/will you vote for? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shrim Galanos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:21 pm
If i could vote, id vote conservatives. Purely for slefish needs, even though theyd mess up the economy. If there were no university funds, i would be richer later in life!

Who will/would you vote for?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:25 pm
Do we need this? There are already links to the GBG-supported thread in the Politics subforum of ED.  

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:42 pm
Invictus_88
Do we need this? There are already links to the GBG-supported thread in the Politics subforum of ED.

Of course we need it for hi-jacking potential. This is also pretty irrelevant to me considering I am too young to vote. Therefore I can say with confidence - Go Lib Dems!!! xd  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:28 pm
Nebelstern
Go Lib Dems!!! xd

*withering stare*

Yes, I suppose if you're that way inclined..

stare

Invictus_88
Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:49 pm
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Go Lib Dems!!! xd

*withering stare*

stare

As I so often say - hence the sarcasm.
Being brutally honest I would allow no assylum into the country. "Stooopid forreners!"
xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:01 am
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Go Lib Dems!!! xd

*withering stare*

stare

Says the tory...
I'm sorry Invi but have you ever seen my local MP? (John Redwood) He's is a completely repulsive facist scumbag and it makes me flinch just looking at him... especially when he was on TV the other morning. There was a Labour, a Lib Dem and a conservative MP sitting there disscussin' and all he did was make nasty snide comments.

I can't vote yet either but... go Lib Dems!!!
If only they had a chance. crying  

Ph_ish

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:06 am
Ph_ish

They have a newborn heir!
Not a hope in high heaven. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:30 pm
Stop immigration completely? but then the next generation of chavs will not be sent to prison on racism charges as often! Are you mad?  

and_solo_said

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:35 pm
and_solo_said
Are you mad?

I must be to keep hanging around here! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:40 pm
Nebelstern
and_solo_said
Are you mad?

I must be to keep hanging around here! wink

Well, that's a given really...  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:37 pm
Ph_ish
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Go Lib Dems!!! xd

*withering stare*

stare

Says the tory...
I'm sorry Invi but have you ever seen my local MP? (John Redwood) He's is a completely repulsive facist scumbag and it makes me flinch just looking at him... especially when he was on TV the other morning. There was a Labour, a Lib Dem and a conservative MP sitting there disscussin' and all he did was make nasty snide comments.

Ah, ok. We have Michael Ancram! biggrin heart biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:42 pm
Well, our local Mp is a stupid stupid man, so i guess on my voting form the awnser is going to be:

No confidence in any of the above.

IN block capitals, you understand  

Teta the punisher

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:31 pm
Ph_ish
Invictus_88
Nebelstern
Go Lib Dems!!! xd

*withering stare*

stare

Says the tory...

I agree Go Lib Dems, but heaven forbid that they should have a chance of winning. They've never been in government! They'd make a complete c**k of the whole thing. What we want is a larger nukber of LibDem seats in parliament, who can challenge the ideas of this ghastly New Labour beast. Of course, it would bea disaster if the Tories got in power (IMHO);they've been moving rightwards almost as fast as Labour. And they had a headstart.
My only worry about LibDem is their plan to abolish top-up fees. I know most people are against, them, but both my parents were university lecturers at Oxford, and I get the other side of the story. Some universities simply cost more to run than others, and, without being able to charge extra, would have to operate at a loss. Which is impossible. The only solution is if universities are given government funding (which is, of course, a better solution than top-up fees); but I doubt that would be high on the chancellor's agenda when it came to budget day (if the LibDems got into power, which is both highly unlikely and most undesirable.)
A small possibility is that no one party would have a majority, which would certainly be a fine Turnup for the books and no mistake!! (forgive the Pratchett reference). If that happened, it would be interested to see whether Labour would be more willing to form a coalition with LibDem or Tory. They're certainly closer in policy to the Tories, but of course, those two parties are age-old enemies, so it would be interesting to see how it would play off.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:03 pm
I'm not certain, but I think there was a quite successful Lib-Dem government in the late 19th century. I'm just going off what a friend told me at some point though, I'm no political historian.

In fact, I'm no historian.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:37 am
Erix Griffon
I'm not certain, but I think there was a quite successful Lib-Dem government in the late 19th century. I'm just going off what a friend told me at some point though, I'm no political historian.

In fact, I'm no historian.

Weren't they known as the Whigs then?  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games