Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Jane Lindskold Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heard of her?
  Yes! I love her books!
  Yeah, but I haven't read any books by her.
  Nope, never.
  Gold!
View Results

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:10 pm
I've only read a few books by her, but I've found her books to be pretty good. They're a bit slow, and hard to get into at first, but well worth the read, in my opinion. I've read teh first four (out of five) books in her Wolf series, which starts with Through Wolf's Eyes. The Dragon of Despair was my favorite of the four. It really gets stupid in the fourth book, but I'm still planning on getting the fifth when it comes out in paperback sometime next year.

This weekend, I got a stand-alone book by her, called Child of a Rainless Year. It's a good book, but takes a good while to get into. The fantasy part doesn't become quite clear until at least halfway through the book. It's still really worth reading. I really liked it. It took me almost no time to read, considering the length and the fact that the Wolf series takes me about four days to read each book.

Either way, I highly recommend any of these five books.

Anyone else read anything by her?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:55 am
I've read her Wolf series books, Through Wolf's Eyes is my favourite of her books though, followed by Changer a novel from her Athanor series. I want to find more of her Anthanor novels, but the library doesn't carry them. sad  

Verene

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:55 pm
I wanted to read Changer, but I can never find it in the bookstore, and I don't think the library has it. It sounds interesting, though. Did you read the one about a pyramid or something? I can't remember the title, but I was wondering if it was good. I'm a bit afraid to read it, in case I don't like it at all. n.n" I'm a coward.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:05 pm
Changer was a very good read, but I haven't been able to find any of her other books in the local library. I think when I go back to school next year I will try and also get a card to the public library system over there as it is much larger than my city's and see if they have more of the books I want to read.

I don't really want to buy books with out reading them once or twice, unless it is an author I know I will love no matter what. *sigh* the world needs better libraries.  

Verene

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:48 pm
I looked at the library's catalog (you can do anything online now, it's so useful), and I found out that they have the next book in the Wolf series. Very useful, now I don't have to wait until next year to buy it in paperback.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:26 am
I have read three of the five Wolf series books. I never read Dragon of Despair though...oh well. Any suggestions are appreciated when it comes to books.  

CelticVampChik

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:34 pm
Oooh, you should read The Dragon of Despair. I love that one. It's really good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:17 pm
Tee hee! I'm so happy! I finally went to the library for the first time since coming home and they had Wolf Captured! I've spent much of my day reading it, and it is so good!  

Verene

CelticVampChik

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:23 pm
I really liked Wolf Captured, it was a very good book and it kept me occupied.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:56 pm
O.o

I... really didn't like Wolf Captured. My least favorite book, possibly, though mainly for plot. Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart wins for blandest, but Wolf Captured just got to me for some reason. Might be the two love confessions, from both Firekeeper, Blind Seer, and Derian, and then that ending. Ye gods, I wanted to kill that woman, whatever her name was. Then again, I wanted to kill Derian long before the ending. The characters all struck me as a bit... out of character. Particularly Firekeeper and Blind Seer, but it was also a bit obvious in Derian.

What I really want to know is, what's going on with Elise and Doc?! We got left at such a cliffhanger with them at the end of The Dragon of Despair. I want to know!  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:50 pm
I just read her book Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls, and it was so good. It was a bit more sci-fi than it was fantasy, but good nonetheless. It's the second book I've read that has first-person present perspective, the first being Speak. It's an interesting change for me, and works with Sarah's character. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:18 pm
I've got the first four of her Wolf series, although I've only begun reading the first.
I also have Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls and Buried Pyramid.

When I bought the first one, my Step-Dad went out and bought the others for me so that I would have them when I was ready.

So far, I love it!  

faetiff

Kolibris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:56 pm
I keep meaning to get the fifth Wolf book, but never manage to get around to it. It doesn't help that the bookstores near my house haven't gotten the paperback in yet. I have the first four in paperback, I want the fifth in paperback. The Wolf books are probably the ones I like best by Jane Lindskold.

Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls was good. I prefer the Wolf books to it, but it was still good. Child of a Rainless Year was also pretty good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:31 pm
I loved Brother to Dragons, Companion to Owls. I though it was brilliant.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

propheticdreams

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:09 am
I've read Through Wolfs Eyes and I am currently reading Wolf's head Wolf Heart. I haven't read any of her other books yet.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff