Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New Subforum Idea

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this a good idea?
  Yes!
  No!
  Maybe, Needs Work, or No Opinion
View Results

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:12 pm
So I was thinking the other day how a lot, if not the majority, of people find their way to Pagan religious paths, and this is thru books.

Yikes.

There is a lot of crappy, crappy volumes out there. From "Turn your boyfriend into toad, while flying on a broomstick that gives you bigger breasts" to "Feeding and Maitnence for your Deamon", there is a large amoung of crap out there.

But hey, we talk about books that are good, books that are bad, and books that written by SRW a whole lot, so that's all good. However, it occured to me that there is no central location for discussion about books around here. I mean, if someone recomends a book here, all well and good...but hunting and pecking thru every thread for something you THINK you remember reading about three weeks ago isn't such a hot idea.

So, I came up with the idea for a Book Review Forumn.

THis would not be a subforum for discussion about a book. It would be nothing but reviews. THe first person to review said book would create the thread with their review. If someone else reads the book, and has a different view on it, or feels the original review missed something, they can post a review of their own after that. And so on.

This way, incomming people will be able to seperate the informitive from the trash with much less trouble.

Any thoughts on the matter?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:30 pm
Here you go.  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:20 pm
You know, there is nothing quite so embarassing as realizing you have just been a moron as opposed to you are about to become one.

I forgot all about that thread until, oh say, five seconds after I hit "submit" gonk

I still, however, think the idea has some merrit, as each book in question having it's own seperate thread would allow for better ogranization of opinions, as well as allowing each reviewer to point out spcific points of intrest or concearn on each book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:57 am
Been there done that! smile  

quantum_leaper

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas