Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Anime][Mirage of Blaze] Heard of it? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you watch Mirage of Blaze?
  Yes!!!
  No..don't really like it
  Never even heard of it
View Results

lola_tenshi

Distinct Citizen

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:57 pm
Hey, theirs a really good yaoi anime out called Mirage of Blaze. It doesn't pop out, but it's their. Awesome show if you happen to see it on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:51 pm
I own this and the first OVA that was released and I have seen the other one
I really like this show, I think all the guys in it are beautiful...there are almost no girls in it what-so-ever. Haruie (sp?)is technically a guy reincarnated as a girl, so that doesn't count much...
I frankly wish it would all be animated through all the novels that are out...
this is based off of novels (not graphic novels, not manga, actual books) and they don't actually sleep together till the 20th volume.
I absolutely LOVE how Naoe loves Takaya so desperatly and how Takaya is either clueless or in deniel or whatever. This series has some wonderful fanfics for it too. By the time you get to second disk and see Naoe try to make Takaya understand his feelings...it's so wonderful!
Watch for the sexual tension...
watch for the beautiful guys
watch for the good story and beautiful animation.
this gets high marks in all area's in my book, not JUST for the guys, but the historical acuracy and 'prettiness' of some of this anime.
See it!  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

lola_tenshi

Distinct Citizen

4,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:05 pm
Aoife
I own this and the first OVA that was released and I have seen the other one
I really like this show, I think all the guys in it are beautiful...there are almost no girls in it what-so-ever. Haruie (sp?)is technically a guy reincarnated as a girl, so that doesn't count much...
I frankly wish it would all be animated through all the novels that are out...
this is based off of novels (not graphic novels, not manga, actual books) and they don't actually sleep together till the 20th volume.
I absolutely LOVE how Naoe loves Takaya so desperatly and how Takaya is either clueless or in deniel or whatever. This series has some wonderful fanfics for it too. By the time you get to second disk and see Naoe try to make Takaya understand his feelings...it's so wonderful!
Watch for the sexual tension...
watch for the beautiful guys
watch for the good story and beautiful animation.
this gets high marks in all area's in my book, not JUST for the guys, but the historical acuracy and 'prettiness' of some of this anime.
See it!
Yes! I love it, but I have to admit I've only seen like the last three episodes of the first season, then the first three or four of the second half. I have to watch it when no ones around because my dad might kill me if he caught me, but it's worth it!!!!!! heart heart heart I feel really bad for Naoe though, Takaya is making it so hard for him.

Takaya
If you run away from me again you'll be a loser. If you ever get tired of being a loser you can try to beat me. If you do beat me, that's when I'll let you have me!"
confused

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:43 pm
I own the first two volumes, hoping to get the whole season though.. Haven't watched much of it, but the art is gorgeous. :3  

Neka Srof

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:48 pm
I'm really hopeful that they'll bring the novels over! Since DMP is doing novels like Vampire Hunter D, Only the Ring Fingers Knows, and quite a few other yaoi titles, I'm hoping that they might decide to pick up the Mirage of Blaze story. I watched all of the anime and the OVA. It was good, but I really got the feeling that the story was too rich and complicated for the limited amount of episodes it had. There's literally way too much story for the anime to contain. As far as I'm concerned, the anime is just a little tease for the bigger picture. Must have more! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:06 am
I just started getting into it like two months ago.
But it's good!!!
I feel bad for Naoe...Takaya...grrrrr.....*glares, then smiles*  

Miki Kasane

Saiyana2

4,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:31 pm
I just started watching in the block on E-WAM. and it is so nummy I could die. But I haven't seen all the episodes. I just hope I can manage too before thwy change to anew anime.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:34 am
I haven't read the novels, but I've seen the first six episodes of the anime series (gonna see the rest this Friday) and I've liked it. :] Gotta find the OVAs, too...  

Vio-kun

Quotable Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Yomekia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:48 pm
I've seen the title on t.v when I was randomly flipping channels and I never actually got around to watching it.if you guys say it's good though I'm gonna have to watch it now. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:29 pm
rofl This is so awesome that I have to tell the story. Ok it was like this, I'm home alone today and there was absolutely nothing on the telly, so I just started randomly flipping through all the channels. I was surprised there was anime playing, and I wondered how often that channel played it. Since there was nothing else on, I just decided to let it keep playing while I went on the computer. So I'd switch back and forth, only half watching and not really paying attention. It didn't really look all too interesting, but it was certainly much better than the hentai on the channel before it. Finally, I left the computer ready to go turn it off since nothing was happening and I was just wasting electricity. I step into the living room only to be greeted by the most cutests kiss ever. My jaw immedietly dropped. I wondered why I hadn't seen any girls so far. Would you believe my instant thought was, 'I wonder if anyone at the guild knows this show?'

LOL, ok, I know it sounds lame, but that's my little story. Just felt I should share. xP

SeNalove

A-Asen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:22 pm
[colo=green]Yeah .. i like it .. i havn't seen much .. but what cought my attention first was the theme song ... awesome song .. ^ ^ 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:50 am
I've heard of it and would like to see it, but since my only source of yaoi is YouTube and nobody has put it up, last I checked...  

Calliope Della Corte

-Dancing Deathscythes-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:35 am
I love Mirage of Blaze! Though I admit, I had to watch the series twice in order to understand it (all those Japanese names were confusing!) You just want to hug Naoe (for his scary/obsessive love) and Takaya (the whole "I'm not really me!!!" thing makes him so huggable.)

I really wish there was a manga version. I'd buy it in a heart beat. I know there are novels... Any chance it's translated in English?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:46 pm
For-Chan Cookie
I'm really hopeful that they'll bring the novels over! Since DMP is doing novels like Vampire Hunter D, Only the Ring Fingers Knows, and quite a few other yaoi titles, I'm hoping that they might decide to pick up the Mirage of Blaze story. I watched all of the anime and the OVA. It was good, but I really got the feeling that the story was too rich and complicated for the limited amount of episodes it had. There's literally way too much story for the anime to contain. As far as I'm concerned, the anime is just a little tease for the bigger picture. Must have more! whee

I agree with you 170%. After watching the last DVD of the series, I was horribly disappointed to find out that there simply wasn't anymore to it. Then, when I found out about 'Rebels' I was so incrediably happy. I thought maybe they would give some closure in the OVA to Takaya and Naoe, and finally tell everyone just what Takaya's friend was that everyone was so keen to get their hands on him for.

Of course, the OVA didn't do any of that...but I loved it none-the less.

I'm hoping with you on the novel thing!

Adnamac

[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games