Internet Stuff

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:18 am
Eh, this SubForum is for meeting people, right? well, I'm just curious about wether or not anyone here is deeply interested in any MMOs, or what they do on the internet other than Gaia.

Just a warning, we don't need to know everything, and in certain cases, we really don't even want to. Just tell us if there are any other forums or MMOS you're active in.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:21 am
I'll start. The only other forum I'm active in(after 4.8 years of customer service) would be Customers Suck. Pretty fun, a place for people who have been scarred by bad customers to come and vent.

And the MMOs I like are Anarchy Onine and World of Warcraft. I am on the Rimor server for AO, and Eitrigg for WoW.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:05 am
Hi there, Takai! I don't play MMOs, but my older brother plays them a LOT (it takes up most of his day!). He's on World of Warcraft most of the time, but he used to play Final Fantasy XI. Customers Suck sounds interesting too. Maybe I'll go search for it later... *works in customer service*

I spend a lot of time on Craftster.org. I'm really into arts and crafts, so I go there for ideas or to be jealous of other people's work. Like someone made a poseable felted gargoyle and there's a guy on there who makes chainmail from scratch! eek There's girly stuff too, like sewing purses and stuff... I'm learning how to sew, and I wanna make an AFK or OMG hat. biggrin I also used to spend all my time on a wedding forum called IndieBride, but there's not much to do there now that I'm married. xd

So... I guess I do a lot of girly stuff online. sweatdrop I play RealArcade games too...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:55 pm
I play Ogame way too much. If anyone else here plays that I'm in uni7 and 18 both names Gedca.  

sdfhsg

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:32 am
I'm actually quite active with a certain website/forum for survivors
of a certain religious cult none of you've heard of
(nor do I wish to name).
The site is considered a thorn in the side of the current group-
since it can't hide its activities-HOURS after they make an announcement,
it's all over cyberspace now! Ex-group people who are totally in the dark
as to what they've been kept in the dark about are often QUITE shocked
to see all the pieces put together in once place, too.
Some of them want to see the site destroyed-they MUST have their
illusions intact and non-shattered.
It's been partly or fully responsible for considerable numbers of the current
group losing some of the few people they have left.
(Entire group has under 2000 adults worldwide-now.)
And it's instrumental in informing the public before they consider joining.
So, membership is dwindling.
In fact, I think total membership on the board is about equal to total
membership in the group. wink
On that board, I'm one of the younger posters. smile

I also post advice on and off on certain therian boards, because teenagers
keep arriving and have questions.
(Around there, I'm one of the older posters.)

Finally, I'm having fun elsewhere on Gaia floating speculations on the
contents of the 7th Harry Potter book. That hobby, obviously, won't
really stretch past 2007.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:36 am
I used to be active in Anarchy Online cause it was free, but then MMORPGs generally seem to work on the same philosophy that many other MMORPGs work on. Level 1 character fights and gains exp to attain more equipment/skills, and levels up. And it goes on and on and on and on with no real "actual" skills gained. It's missing a solid storyline or at least "the end" scenario which I'd like to get to within 2-3 weeks but MMORPGs don't give you that. It's just a giant online chatroom with people killing things to idle time when they could be spending it doing much more productive things in real life.  

TastyNoodles

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:44 pm
TastyNoodles
I used to be active in Anarchy Online cause it was free, but then MMORPGs generally seem to work on the same philosophy that many other MMORPGs work on. Level 1 character fights and gains exp to attain more equipment/skills, and levels up. And it goes on and on and on and on with no real "actual" skills gained. It's missing a solid storyline or at least "the end" scenario which I'd like to get to within 2-3 weeks but MMORPGs don't give you that. It's just a giant online chatroom with people killing things to idle time when they could be spending it doing much more productive things in real life.
go play WoW, it has the storyline, quests, and the "EndGame" Scenario that you can actually continue on with afterwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:01 am
Wouldn't it be tight to have a MMOW based on star trek? You could be aboard a ship, apart of the Borg Collective, a star base, a Q, or an alien. It woud be cool to fight small and large scale battles. It would be cool to have missions and quests. SF people could build rank and Klingons could build honor, etc.  

sensei_ken

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:42 am
sensei_ken
Wouldn't it be tight to have a MMOW based on star trek? You could be aboard a ship, apart of the Borg Collective, a star base, a Q, or an alien. It woud be cool to fight small and large scale battles. It would be cool to have missions and quests. SF people could build rank and Klingons could build honor, etc.

I think that Voyager Holodeck thing has a multiplayer function.

But don't ask me where to get the game.

EDIT: It's called Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force
    http://www.voyagereliteforce.com/

+==+==+moo+

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:59 am
sensei_ken

+==+==+moo+

-[.Moo.]-

Saoraan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:30 pm
-[.Moo.]-
sensei_ken

+==+==+moo+

Well it better be good it was announced over 3 years ago and it still shows no sign of being released.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:34 pm
Se Ga Takai
I'll start. The only other forum I'm active in(after 4.8 years of customer service) would be Customers Suck. Pretty fun, a place for people who have been scarred by bad customers to come and vent.

And the MMOs I like are Anarchy Onine and World of Warcraft. I am on the Rimor server for AO, and Eitrigg for WoW.

I hate this computer. I put Anarchy Online onto my external hard drive in hope of being able to download a patch for it off of my dad's old computer, which has a cable internet connection, but there is some problem with something and so it resultingly won't download, and therefore I can't play the game. This is extremely frustrating, being that the actual download off of bittorent took approx. four months since I have dial up and can't leave the phone busy for more than a few hours. Experience suggests that once I download a program it shall function, so yeah, I'm pissed.  

Shai_Hulud

Saoraan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:07 am
Se Ga Takai

What WoW server(s) are you on. I'm on Khadgar and Rexxar. (My main is a 44 Orc Warlock Saoraan on Rexxar)(and several others alliance on Khadgar and Horde on Rexxar)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:55 pm
Saoraan
Se Ga Takai

What WoW server(s) are you on. I'm on Khadgar and Rexxar. (My main is a 44 Orc Warlock Saoraan on Rexxar)(and several others alliance on Khadgar and Horde on Rexxar)
Eitrigg and Teranes. All my Alliance Chars are on Eitrigg, and my Horde Chars are on Teranes. My main is Shelireih, though Im lvling my Mage Kireii(both on Eitrigg).  

Contralto in a Corset

Sweetycow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:57 am
I mostly just read or write fanfics or update my blog when I'm not on Gaiaonline, but you can also find me on the movie-forum Moviezine - MovieTalk...  
Non Star Trek Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games