Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[Personal] Can someone help me out? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever struggled with this
Yes, I know how you feel
57%
 57%  [ 19 ]
Never have, never will
42%
 42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

xXxXTwilight[_]angelXxXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:27 pm
If there is anyone in this guild who is gay and has come out to their parents, can they help me figure out a way to....it's very hard...HELL HARD. Please I just....some of you probably know how I feel  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:29 pm
Im not coming out until about im 16... and if your parents really love you they will love you anyways... I would sit them down at a restaurant oa a dinner to tell them... The worst you can do is present a Boy friend to them on the same night oyu admit your gay.  

Kajuchu

xXxXTwilight[_]angelXxXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:33 pm
Kajuchu
Im not coming out until about im 16... and if your parents really love you they will love you anyways... I would sit them down at a restaurant oa a dinner to tell them... The worst you can do is present a Boy friend to them on the same night oyu admit your gay.
Maybe not a restraunt....but I, having Chrisitian parents, know what It'd be like if I showed them a boyfriend the day I come out that's overkill (adding insult to injury) I just want them to know being gay is no different than being straight, it's the way I was born, besides it may help that I hav a brother and sister that can still give them grandchildren...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:36 pm
darkest_sage9812
Kajuchu
Maybe not a restraunt....but I, having Chrisitian parents, know what It'd be like if I showed them a boyfriend the day I come out that's overkill (adding insult to injury) I just want them to know being gay is no different than being straight, it's the way I was born, besides it may help that I hav a brother and sister that can still give them grandchildren...
Do you know their feelings on the subject? My parents are divorced and my dad doesnt care but my mom on the other hand would throw me out [im being serious too]. Make sure what ever you do its what you want to do.  

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

Kietsu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:40 pm
I'm bi myself, and well, the only family member who I've told is my mother. She had questions and took it very well, and in fact, I think she is bi-curious. I have not told any other members of my family, though my cousin might know if he checked out my myspace page. I am not sure how to help you personally with this though, because your parents may not be as understanding as my mother. I suggest going to your local gay-strait alliance or LGBT center. LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender by the way. Like here in Sacramento we have this center downtown called Lambda which helps people with this kind of thing. I think that if you have such a center in your city that they would be able to help a great deal. At those places they tend to have a youth group that helps young people figure themselves out, and they get to talk to others just like them, and they get help on how to tell loved ones about it. I say them and they because I am too old for the youth group being 21 and all. I wish you the best of luck, and I do hope that this has been informative.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:44 pm
I never had to tell my parents (thank-god) but I honestly don't stand by the 'You're parents should love you no matter what' I'v heard to many horror stories to believe in that. The only thing that truthfully matters is that they know it's your choice in the end and the only person they'll hurt is themselves.

That being said, I think that you should sit your parents down somewhere (probably no place public) and just calmy tell them thats the life style you've chosen to live.

sweatdrop Theres no easy way to break it.

Exotic~Muffin

Hopeless_Knight

Interesting Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:03 pm
Relatives who are open or bi or gay is a good thing to have [my dad is bi and my aunt, his sister, is a lesbian]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:06 pm
sweatdrop My family has alot of bi-corious/homosexual people i just dont think ive told the important few... my dad would be furious my mom probaly knows x.x  

Kajuchu

Run_Elf

Cluttered Phantom

13,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:37 am
Like they said, you should find out how your prents feel about this subject. And when you actually tell them you should break it down slowly. Hopefully your parents are understanding and continue to love you no matter what, despite their thoughts and feelings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:24 am
Well, I mean, I'm not 'gay' and I haven't come out to my parents, but I mean, my mom is very accepting and she'd be fine with it if I did tell her that I was interested in girls... O:

I think that a good thing to do is to try and talk to your parents about a hypothetical gay person and see their reaction. Then throw in a, 'Well, what if I was gay?' or something like that... That should get their opinion and make you a little more comfortable when coming out to them.

Hope I helped. ><;

Rivkah Winter

Friendly Friend

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

kironagi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:52 am
Having an accepting parents is always a (put in your status) dream. But face it, i'm kinda living in a homophobic parents who are also highly religious people.

Not only are they hard to crack with the toughest sledgehammer (which is the Truth about my gay sexuality), they kinda take it hard. Well to my shorten my stories, my mum denies or delibrately deluded herself that her son isnt gay and refused to aknowledge me. My dad? Silent treatment. I could say the earliest path of the journey wasnt that easy (hellish) but just have to move on with life. At best paving your path of academic might reap the fruits of labour.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:23 am
It is very hard...

I'm bisexual, but swing towards females over males.

But, when I came out to my parents, I blatantly said "You know..I think I like girls." And they said it was a phase..and that phase never ceased, so they aren't really ACCEPTING of it...but they still love me.

I know it's hard, but being blunt is like ripping a bandaid off really quick..it stings for a bit, but then fades faster.

As others have said...they're your parents, they'll love you no matter what.

Nikui

Rampaging Kitten

Sayaka Tenoh

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:35 pm
I read somewhere that a girl wanted to come out to her mom and instead wrote a letter instead of telling her directly. Maybe you can do the same thing? Just a suggestion. sweatdrop I came out to my mom and she is totally accepting of it. I'm not too sure about my dad. My mom gave him a hint but I don't know if he took it seriously or if he thinks its a phase. I hope could help in some way.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:30 pm

Well I wouldn't necesarily count what I did as 'coming out' because I'm still not sure of my orientation. I've never had a relationship with really either gender but I'm attracted to both, sooo...who the hell knows. But I told my mom that I was attracted to girls and really, she didn't care at all. She was like asking me what my taste in girls is and everything. Haha. So I guess it helps if you have understanding parents, or else it could be more difficult. There are two cousins of mine that are lesbian, sadly I don't talk to them, but my whole family really accepts them. So I know if I were it wouldn't really be very big of a deal. So I guess you just have to say it and see what happens. You really don't know until you've done it. But like someone else said earlier I think the whole "what would you do if I was gay?" question's pretty good. Ha. But only do that when you're ready to come out because they'll probably know what you're trying to say. sweatdrop Sorry If this wasn't really any help.

ritsukaxsoubix3

Innuendos In Tea

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:05 pm
hm........i think you should get an understanding relative on your side to come out to first and know that they would help you in case your parents aren't as openminded.
i told my grandpa first and he was the one who convinced my parents not to kick me out so it really is good to have someone backing you.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff