Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Do you like tofu as a burger?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs Joe Trohman

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:08 pm
I do! As a burger and a lot of other things. Do you?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:37 am
Soy is a pretty fantastic substance. My only problem with it is that most veg*ns become really soy reliant and don't consume a healthy variety of foods for all those healthy amino acids that us veg*ns don't get as easily as meat-eaters. Try using a grilled portabello mushroom topped with marinated red peppers as an alternative to boca burgers. Yum!  

Famicommie
Vice Captain

Vodka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:20 pm
im not too keen on the soy burgers
i do love veggie ones
i found the most amazing ones at costco @__@

anyways, i dont like soy burgers (i.e. bocas and the like) because the texture is too much like eating a meat-burger, and it just creeps me out. i have to force myself to eat it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:58 pm
I enjoy boca burgers sometimes. Usually at grilling events where the host doesn't know what to serve me, its a good product to point them to (though I have to remind my grandpop that they're already cooked, and 1 or 2 minutes on the grill will be fine. Last time he grilled I had to choke down a hokey-puck boca). But I also LOVE it when my dad marinates and grills portabella mushrooms.  

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Metaphorical Nonsense

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:26 am
Famicommie
Soy is a pretty fantastic substance. My only problem with it is that most veg*ns become really soy reliant and don't consume a healthy variety of foods for all those healthy amino acids that us veg*ns don't get as easily as meat-eaters. Try using a grilled portabello mushroom topped with marinated red peppers as an alternative to boca burgers. Yum!

My cousin told me about portabello mushroom burgers and she absolutely loves them, but I've never had one...</3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:49 am
triangleofdoom
Famicommie

My cousin told me about portabello mushroom burgers and she absolutely loves them, but I've never had one...</3

You haven't? Then you're really missing out! You can usually buy them at costco or someplace like that.

Lexiegirl

Asia8989

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:40 pm
I think that boca burgers are alright, but I've found that if you're not careful when cooking them they can fall apart easily. Then you end up with a very annoying sandwich.

My parents have protabello mushrooms all the time, but I personally can't stand them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:41 pm
Tofu is so versatile! You can make practically anything out of it (including deserts!). I've try to become more aware of relying on just one food source, but I find it hard to do when school is in session... Nothing is more convenient than a microwavable tofu pocket domokun  

Asphalt_Paradox

ANGORAPHOBIA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:56 am
I personally enjoy lentil patties with grilled vegetables. Best thing in the world is just to grill bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions (you can do it under the broiler in your oven) and eat them in a sandwich with some cheese and italian dressing. (You have to peel the peppers, though.)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:59 am
ANGORAPHOBIA
I personally enjoy lentil patties with grilled vegetables. Best thing in the world is just to grill bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions (you can do it under the broiler in your oven) and eat them in a sandwich with some cheese and italian dressing. (You have to peel the peppers, though.)

When these ingredients are sauteed up in a frying pan, they work great with shredded cheese and sour cream to make veggie fajitas. I also like adding lots of refried beans for extra protein and fiber.  

Famicommie
Vice Captain

.Blasphemous.Vaseline.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:12 pm
Raven_Heart
I do! As a burger and a lot of other things. Do you?

no usually I use a veggie burger, But I'll make sure to try that. Any firmness of tofu you'd suggest?  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games