Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Music Artists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Looking for a list of rock type music that a girl can sing..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilmzcantbewrong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:06 am
And like.. not sound as though it is Opera! Doesn't need to have been recorded by a female.. just needs to be realistic. (I'm thinking of some horrible Tori Amos cover songs.. ick!)

I just began learning lead guitar on my new electric (been playing an acoustic/electric for 12 years) and I am bummed because I don't sing as much now as I did playing acoustic stuff... I'm not even attempting Crazy Train!

So.. I am looking to compile a list of songs that I can play on my Electric AND sing! That, and I'm sure others would love a collective list from all of ya all!

For starters... Chick stuff I DO play..

My Immortal - Evanescence
TUSH - ZZ Top covered by Joan Jett
Sweet Child of Mine - more in Axel's style than Sheryl..
I love Rock and roll - another cover of Joan Jetts
Barracuda - Heart
?
?
?

Help me! I am drawing blanks!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:14 pm
Hm, have you tried some pop/rock songs to start out with? I'm not a big fan of pop/rock but the vocals tend to be pretty easy.  

x.Marsh[mel]low.x
Captain

tentousama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:43 pm
-the Yeah Yeah Yeahs
-Coheed and Cambria(the singer is a guy, but he sings high as s**t)
-Kittie
-Iron Maidens(lol yes a chick Iron Maiden tribute band, but I'm not to sure about the name)
-The Flaming Lips (by no means a chick band, but they sing pretty high, and they are really artsy and fun to listen to)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:45 pm
I forgot about a band called Garbage, I don't like them but the lead singer is a chick, and she is going out with one of the band members of Queens of the Stone Age, and that is a good band, so try that as well  

tentousama

lilmzcantbewrong

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:16 am
Wow.. I can't believe I forgot Garbage too! Yeah.. I was just thinking of looking up some Avril Lavigne / Ashley Simpson type of stuff. At least they rock thier "pop"! I have a No Doubt book too..

Making some progress at least...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:16 am
i play the elctric guitar,sing and write songs any1 interssted on getting a band together with me then message me thanks..  

_SexxGurL_

AtomicAnalog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:05 pm
Hm...Pretty Girls Make Graves, The Crandberries, Janis Joplin...to name a few I guess.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:15 pm
Um....45 by Shinedown? It's easy for a chick to sing ^^

Or maybe something by Jack Off Jill? Good band...  

KyandeKodomo

Got Hacked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:41 am
try "the truth" by nonpoint

all there songs include the electric and sometimes the acoustic...i heart nonpoint

they have three cds...buy the development cd...its the one witht the most electric...and the easiest lyrics...but the best vocals r from the recoil cd...

if u dont like soft/hardcore rock then u wont like them...

but jus listen to them once...for me... smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:13 pm
Well you might want to check out this band called benjamin Gate they are not together anymore but they're cool if yiu like chick singers. kk.  

pyrofender

rob_4_rock22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:54 am
there is that one song by Santana and Michelle Branch...i think its like the game of love.  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:25 am
Umm how about nightwish?  

heartthedead

EmraldDreamer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:59 pm
lilmzcantbewrong
And like.. not sound as though it is Opera! Doesn't need to have been recorded by a female.. just needs to be realistic. (I'm thinking of some horrible Tori Amos cover songs.. ick!)

I just began learning lead guitar on my new electric (been playing an acoustic/electric for 12 years) and I am bummed because I don't sing as much now as I did playing acoustic stuff... I'm not even attempting Crazy Train!

So.. I am looking to compile a list of songs that I can play on my Electric AND sing! That, and I'm sure others would love a collective list from all of ya all!

For starters... Chick stuff I DO play..

My Immortal - Evanescence
TUSH - ZZ Top covered by Joan Jett
Sweet Child of Mine - more in Axel's style than Sheryl..
I love Rock and roll - another cover of Joan Jetts
Barracuda - Heart
?
?
?

Help me! I am drawing blanks!!
hahaha i can play crazy train on my electric only took me a week!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:47 am
Yeah, I can PLAY crazy train too.. didn't take long to learn.. I just refuse to SING songs that chicks just shouldn't sing... sheese.. haven't any of you gone out and seen those cover bands with Chicks as lead singers and everything is great until the chick starts singing something like "buckcherry's" Lit Up?? Makes me cover my ears and run screaming from wherever I am.. I refuse to be like that on a stage someday  

lilmzcantbewrong

katinuyasha

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:05 pm
hummm a song i like to play that pritty easy is swing swing by the all amreican rejects.....its really easy and the vocals arnt to hard....i dont really care for punk....at all..but i like that one song..... zombie by the cranberrys is another easy one....... drive you home by grabage .....alot of songs by Eisley are easyy to play..... and the vocals are really pritty strawberry gashes by jack off jill .....i kinda twaked the guitar part for that one so i could sing it but its easy as well bad day by fuel.....its sung by a guy but its not hard and i loveeeeee that song .......dont speak by no doubt.......is easy ....and its sung by a chick soooo

those are some songs i like to play and sing......kbye  
The Music Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff