Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Oh... Paramount. Why, why, why?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ginga

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:10 pm
So I got Voyager season 1 as an Easter present to finish off my Voyager collection.

But Paramount wanted to ruin it, I guess.

Long story short, there were two disc 2's in the set. *Sigh* We don't even know if we can go about returning it because my mom bought it ages ago and was saving it for today. But there must be a way we can get another one... with discs ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR, AND FIVE in it.

*sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:56 pm
This one's easy. smile

You can't return it to the STORE,
but you can get it replaced by the manufacturer.

Look over the packaging and booklets and stuff.

There will be a customer service phone# and hours.
Call that number during those hours, and explain.
Let them know you'd just like to swap the extra "disc 2"
for the missing "disc 3" or whichever was missing.

They will almost certainly say to not send it in, but
they'll send a replacement (or you can get it for the
cost of shipping or something.)
So long as you're reasonable on the phone,
they'll be willing to try to get you what you need.

I'd bet they'll send the replacement free. smile  

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Ginga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:59 pm
Yes, yes, yes, I know. biggrin We went to Best Buy and they exchanged it. Now I can marathon from beginning to end! domokun

But I just felt like complaining about it. razz  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:24 am
On a similar note, was anybody else disappointed with the packaging for the Voyager seasons? They seem pretty cheap to me. And I don't like how the top and bottom slide apart. Every time I hold it the wrong way, the bottom drops and the DVDs go flying. stressed

DS9's packaging wasn't great either. VERY flimsy plastic. But at least it stays together and the Cardassian symbols look cool.

I suppose the company I work for is partly responsible for this... stare  

Lindira
Crew

Ginga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:37 pm
Yes, I was really disappointed. Granted, they look nice, but they're flimsy. You have no idea how many of those little "PUSH" buttons I've broken off on, let's see, I believe seasons 3, 5, and 7. Urgh. The little bastards just snapped right off when I pushed. Now I can't push TOO hard, but I still have to push, or else the disk won't come out.

Blech. I'm paying 100+ for these things, you'd think they could:

1. Get the disks right. XP
2. Make the packaging safer! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:37 pm
I payed $60 for the entire Dark Angel Series, and the packaging is perfect. whee

Of course, so is the Series, but I guess Voyager is a good series too.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:51 pm
What happened to good, old fashioned cardboard? The TNG seasons are really sturdy and neat-looking (despite a little effort to get the inner case out). And speaking of other series, my Buffy and Angel seasons are cardboard too, and the packaging is stupendous. 3nodding

Has anyone gotten one of the TOS seasons? I must admit, those plastic capsule things look uber cool! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:32 pm
Come to think of it, I have teh Tenchi Muyo! DVD set($125 from Sam Goody), which is just 3 discs. those itty-bitty tabs that hold teh Disc in broke off, and unbeknownst to me, got caught between teh Case and teh Disc. So, halfway through teh last Episode, in the Battle between Seiryou and Tenchi, it just cuts off. stressed

And the part of this that sucks so much more than others, is that teh episode after teh final Credits, ep 13.5, I guess, is teh funniest damn thing ever. But I haven't seen it since I was 17 scream  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Ginga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:28 pm
Se Ga Takai
Come to think of it, I have teh Tenchi Muyo! DVD set($125 from Sam Goody), which is just 3 discs. those itty-bitty tabs that hold teh Disc in broke off, and unbeknownst to me, got caught between teh Case and teh Disc. So, halfway through teh last Episode, in the Battle between Seiryou and Tenchi, it just cuts off. stressed

And the part of this that sucks so much more than others, is that teh episode after teh final Credits, ep 13.5, I guess, is teh funniest damn thing ever. But I haven't seen it since I was 17 scream

Nooooo! gonk God, I hate that. When I rented End of Eva, I was all into it and crying my eyes out, but it was ruined when, so close to the end, it decided to b***h out on me. Luckily when I rewound from the credits, it decided to play... but it was hard to get through. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:39 am
Ginga
Se Ga Takai

Nooooo! gonk God, I hate that. When I rented End of Eva, I was all into it and crying my eyes out, but it was ruined when, so close to the end, it decided to b***h out on me. Luckily when I rewound from the credits, it decided to play... but it was hard to get through. gonk
End of Evangelion? Yeah, I saw that. I put a friend of mine through it, even though he had never seen Eva. blaugh

And I found the reason for End of Evangelion. Dude was freakin' STONED eek 3nodding  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:40 pm
Se Ga Takai
Ginga
Se Ga Takai

End of Evangelion? Yeah, I saw that. I put a friend of mine through it, even though he had never seen Eva. blaugh

And I found the reason for End of Evangelion. Dude was freakin' STONED eek 3nodding

LMAO, seriously!? That's funny! But I loved EoE... razz  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:48 pm
Really? I like the packaging. I was actually watching season one of voyager tonight on my laptop at play practice, and all my friends were saying how cool the case was. I like it (although it is kind of a b***h to get the disc out becase of those stupid tab thingys) Now,I just need seasons 2 through... 7  

Anubis_Star

Animefanatic101

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:58 am
Lindira
On a similar note, was anybody else disappointed with the packaging for the Voyager seasons? They seem pretty cheap to me. And I don't like how the top and bottom slide apart. Every time I hold it the wrong way, the bottom drops and the DVDs go flying. stressed

DS9's packaging wasn't great either. VERY flimsy plastic. But at least it stays together and the Cardassian symbols look cool.

I suppose the company I work for is partly responsible for this... stare

yes the DS9 ones are very flimsy, my season 7's packageing fell apart.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games