Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Redwall series.... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:58 pm
If you've read the Redwall series.... What was your favorite book in the Redwall series?  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:59 pm
I can't decide between Triss, Pearls of Lutra, and Loamhedge.  

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

VirmarIanosian

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:48 pm
I prefer the original. Redwall all the way. My next favorite is Mossflower.

BTW check and see if there's already a Brian Jacques thread.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:44 am
There isn't a Redwall or Brian Jacques thread, other than this one.

They were okay, for a while, but I stopped reading them after I started high school. It was more because they just weren't as accessible. At my middle school, I went to the school library every day after school to do my homework. I don't do that now. And, since I don't want to buy the books, I no longer have a convenient means to get them. Oh, well.

As is, I can't even remmeber the title of my favorite book. I swear I read it, but I couldn't find it again after that. I was so disappointed, because I wanted to re-read it. After that one, whatever it was called, I really liked Salamandastron. The hares and badgers were some of my favorite characters in the whole series.  

NightIntent
Captain

I_LUV_FALL OUT BOY

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:27 am
never read them.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:35 pm
I loved the hares and badgers. I still stick to Redwall because it's Martin vs. the mountain lion Tasmarina(or something). Havn't read it in a while though.  

VirmarIanosian

Harbone

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:15 pm
You know, I've never read this series, but I'm curious. I'm a big fan of "talking animals," but I tend to shy away from adult themes because of some bad experiences. On the one hand, I find these books in the YA section but I suspect they're more than just adventure stories.

What's the best one to begin with? Sometimes an obvious answer like "Redwall" isn't appropriate in fantasy settings. What's the main attraction? What should I look for?  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:22 pm
Harbone
You know, I've never read this series, but I'm curious. I'm a big fan of "talking animals," but I tend to shy away from adult themes because of some bad experiences. On the one hand, I find these books in the YA section but I suspect they're more than just adventure stories.

What's the best one to begin with? Sometimes an obvious answer like "Redwall" isn't appropriate in fantasy settings. What's the main attraction? What should I look for?

My main attraction is that after you get in the story you tend to forget that they're mice and such. They act just like people and run about "saving the world...erm...forest." If you like "talking animals" you should also read the Warriors series by Erin Hunt. There's a thread on down the page about it.  

VirmarIanosian

KR0NiiCALLY KRiiSTEN

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:37 pm
VirmarIanosian
I loved the hares and badgers. I still stick to Redwall because it's Martin vs. the mountain lion Tasmarina(or something). Havn't read it in a while though.
Actully that one's Mossflower.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:37 pm
I've only read Redwall and Mossflower. For some reason our library only had those at the time and I just forgot about them. They were good though.  

Hiitachin Kaoru

Shiama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:14 am
well i have only read some of them through the school library for school...I have read redwall, Triss, Mossflower, Mariel of Redwall, Salamandstron...

maybe a couple other ones..

my opinion on them is that the stories are good and everything but his writing isnt the best. I read through them so slow and they cant capture my attention for an extended period of time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:02 am
VirmarIanosian
My main attraction is that after you get in the story you tend to forget that they're mice and such. They act just like people and run about "saving the world...erm...forest."

To be honest, that's why the series has never done anything for me.

As much as I know the background stories of Brian Jacques making up stories about little mice overcoming big odds in order to inspire the children at his local school for the blind and the following remark may make me come over as totally unfeeling: he layers the polyanthromorphism on so thick that I just don't see the point in keeping it there any more. He might as well just write straight fantasy and have done with it.  

Nuala

Storm Dewleaf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:35 am
I've read all of them except the latest, High Rhulain, and have most of them. I'm still missing Taggerung and High Rhulain. Redwall's been my favorite series since I picked up Pearls of Lutra in seventh grade (currently fixing to start eleventh). Martin The Warrior is my favorite book, followed by Mossflower, then by Mariel of Redwall.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:03 pm
I stopped reading them halfway through Junior High, but they were my favorite, then. They got me into other mideavil fantasy and stuffs, and the old Martinmouse was my hero XDD I always liked his facy sword, and because of it, the standards are my favorite type of sword (after that it's the long ^^) anyways, yeah. Stopped reading them. From time to time I like checking out my "childhood" books, so I might, you know, read one through quicklike at some point in time :nodnodnod:.

Oh, yeah. And my favorite was Ledgend of Luke.

x.Marsh[mel]low.x

xpumkynxmonkiex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:49 am
i liked them. they were a lot of fun  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items