Submit

Thanks for reading/posting
  your welcome! (>^.^)>
  your welcome! <(^.^<)
View Results

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:46 am
Now don't get me wrong I am always up for a good movie but the movies that they are coming out with now are just plain disgusting! No, I don't mean that I am one of those prissy girls that shreak at the sight of blood. But, what I am talking about are the movies about actual events that should be just left alone. For example; in Canada there was a horrible crime comming by Paul Bernardo and Karla Holmolka, in which they killed 2 innocent girls. They raped them, put things in parts of their bodies then cut them up into little pieces. And they are making a movie about it! Imagine the parents of those 2 girls! They are going through enough without a movie showing what those sick bastards did to their daughters! If you or already do have a daughter and she was murdered would you want a movie put out about it!? I didn't think so. Another example would be that 9/11 movie "United 93". If the families of the innocent people that were killed were to see that they would probably kill themselves! they would be seeing what their family members were doing and thinking during the last moments of their lives. So, in closing, I think that these types of movies shouldn't be allowed to be shown. I want to hear what you think.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:32 pm
of course, i believe in freedom of speech & all that comes with it, BUT, some people take it too far. those movies you mentioned are just a very few that take advantage of our freedoms to make money. i'm sure the parents of those girls didn't give permission to make that movie & i hope they file a lawsuit.  

redtail2
Crew

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:08 am
redtail2
of course, i believe in freedom of speech & all that comes with it, BUT, some people take it too far. those movies you mentioned are just a very few that take advantage of our freedoms to make money. i'm sure the parents of those girls didn't give permission to make that movie & i hope they file a lawsuit.
Yes, that would be the greatest answer. Some just want to make money and don't think of others as much as themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:04 am
redtail2
Lawsuit their asses off!  

i hate pie1111

Un-Hugged Child

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:32 pm
well honestly... thats one reason that America is so great.. becuase if people want to then they can... and they wouldnt be able to lawsuit (mainly for the daughters movie) becuase they probaly sold the movie rights... and i admit that is quite disturbing and i wouldnt want to watch any of those movies even if they didnt happen in real life.. escpecially the one with the daughters... how people are amused by that in any way is beyond me.. but still its freedom of speach... they have the right to do that no matter how messed up it is.. some people might think things we find amusing offensive... so its all in matter of opinon i guess..  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:04 pm
I don't think people can just make movies "based on a true story" without making sure it's okay with the people who were involved. (or at least, they SHOULD have to...) And with the 9/11 movies- I think that's a little different from a horror type movie, it's more meant to honor the memories of the people and show their bravery.  

Achtundachtzig

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:25 am
nihilschiz
I don't think people can just make movies "based on a true story" without making sure it's okay with the people who were involved. (or at least, they SHOULD have to...) And with the 9/11 movies- I think that's a little different from a horror type movie, it's more meant to honor the memories of the people and show their bravery.
Yes, a lot more honorable.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:18 am
Though, I don't mind the 9/11 movie..I thought it was rather honorable, and was showing bravery, even if this was said already.. The movie with the daughters.. that, is just gross, by my opinion, anywho..  

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

Gunpowder Valentine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:45 pm
That's effing sick that anyone would want to make a movie about something like the incident with the two girls... and if those parents actually sold the rights to the movie, then I don't think they're good people or good parents.

As for the 9/11 movie, I can see how people can think that "Oh, it's just a way to show respect towards the people who were involved."

I can't imagine how anyone could want that... I think it's wrong. America doesn't need some movie to say that those people were heros. I saw in the commertial that they were talking with some of the families and how they were saying things about how they want their family member to be remembered. I wouldn't doubt that they were against it until they saw the money they were making off of the film.

confused Maybe it's just me, but I would never grant them permission to do something like film a movie about how someone I love died in a accident like 9/11.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:50 pm
I think that whoever made the films are just cold hearted bastards out to make money. They probably say that it's to show how even in times of a crisis people will still help each other and whether that's true or not it's still just a way to make money. Why most people find a way to market everything. By the way I just realised that I forgot to mention I meant the 9/11 film not the first one mentioned.  

Cloud0.0Strife

CrazyCatExtreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:28 pm
I think that the 9/11 movies are more dedicated to the victims and the familes and if they don't want to watch it they don't have to. But this movie about the murdered girls and other movies about real murderes is just a sick way of makin money.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games