Submit

Will you help? (read thread first)
  Yes
  No :(
  poll whore (you suck)
View Results

SkaBanana

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:03 pm
I'm asking for all of you to help out, because there is an issue with Ska. That issue is that, not enough people know about Ska. I think we should try to spread the word by making people wonder what Ska is, making them listening to some Ska, do some things that will attract people.

No, I'm not saying "Let's sell out ska" etc. I'm saying there are way too many people who don't know about Ska or think It's dead.

The point of this is to spread the word and awareness of Ska, which will hopefully reach outside of this thread, then outside of Gaia.

we could do some information on ska, describe it and put music samples, band lists and waves for those lists, etc. In the process, we could make it short, but not not too short they won't take it seriously, but also not too long so people won't read the info and have tons of music samples, bands lists, etc.

I think this will work if at least most of you pitch in and try to help.

The word of ska needs to be spread to the people who are unaware, no matter who, if this works and gets one person to get into ska, we've done our job, but I can't do this alone, which is why I ask for us to be a team.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:44 pm
Here are some banners you can put in your sig, in threads (please do not spam) Feel free to contribute. If you have any banners, I will add them, as long as you add a code to them.

I'm not sure how to link pictures on a BBS, so I put the link below the picture. Does anyone know how to link pictures? Thanks.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Click here to find out.

[img]http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4417/ska13rt.png[/img]
[url=http://www.expage.com/skaformation]Click here to find out.[/url]

also, here are some links that might attract people to learn more about ska. Feel free to add more.

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/ska
http://www.expage.com/skaformation  

SkaBanana

SkaBanana

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:47 pm
I'll fix this thread later, I gotta leave now.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:01 pm
Nothing ever dies except people who think something's dead.

I do many things to get people interested in ska. Suspenders (braces) in rainbow, my hot pants with "MUSIC IS LIFE-YOURS SUCKS BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SKA" on the butt, and my bumper sticker with the logo "You'd Have A Better Chance Of Sleeping With Me If You Were A Rude Kid", which are all a bit racy, but still good, clean, fun. I will do better-a ska dinner night? Ska block party?  

Queenie42

jaanu.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:34 pm
i already make my friends listen to ska bands on my iPod, but i'll see what else i can do!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:16 pm
i could work on a website...that might work....anyone could with
NVU (freeware extreamly usefull WYSIWYG, pronounced N-view)  

dokeefe

Speed Calypso

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:55 pm
But ska IS dead.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:20 pm
I've read that somewhere before, like word to word of the first post.

Suicidal Pepsi

Cursed Ronin

Dangerous Hero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:36 pm
Alot of people at my school think ska sucks but there are a few of us that like it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:56 am
I'm not very active in getting people into ska. I try, but most people here just want to wallow in there misery and listen to emo.

I don't really need anyone to like ska for me to enjoy it though. But I will put that thing in my sig for ya.  

bob111234

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 pm
I guess, if you won't spread it, at least try to get the scene tighter.

I always try to start some relationships in the ska scene so we're all a tight-knit group at the next ska show. Which, normally a lot of people I recognize are at.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:37 pm
i have been trying to do that exact same thing... good to know i am not the only one trying here!

yer i'll help... this'll help me too!  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:38 pm
i also put one of the links that is near the top (the black and white one with the link on my profile page so people will click on it!)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:38 pm
Personally, I disagree with your idea to promote ska.

Now now, I am not an elitest or anything, but I think the best thing about ska is that only a few people are really really into it.

And speaking from expirence, when I first got into ska, it was great to find out different bands by myself.
So if we promote ska a lot, it kind of ruins the feeling of discovery
Like the best feeling in the world is finding a ska band you really like by yourself.

Maybe I'm just really ******** weird, but I don't think ska needs to be promoted.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Speed Calypso

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:36 pm
King Of The Ska
Personally, I disagree with your idea to promote ska.

Now now, I am not an elitest or anything, but I think the best thing about ska is that only a few people are really really into it.

And speaking from expirence, when I first got into ska, it was great to find out different bands by myself.
So if we promote ska a lot, it kind of ruins the feeling of discovery
Like the best feeling in the world is finding a ska band you really like by yourself.

Maybe I'm just really ******** weird, but I don't think ska needs to be promoted.

We're all really ******** weird. We listen to ska. THAT'S NOT NORMAL! :O

I kinda agree. I love hearing people's reactions when they ask what kind of music I listen to. I wouldn't get that if it was popular and everyone knew what it was. But, then again, I wouldn't get asked "Who's a ska?" >_>;;  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff