Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
Harry/Draco Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mizuci

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:40 pm
I've been wanting a little place to chat about Harry/Draco. So, here we go.

For starters:
Why do you like Drarry? (or dislike it, even)
Anything you won't read even though the pairing is Drarry?
Favorite plot devices? Fics?

My current plot kink is Harry being Slytherin. It's just so...delicious? <3 Erm. Yeah. So I also am fond of post-Hogwarts fics.

As for this pairing being overdone, cliche, etc. etc. It really doesn't bother me. I love the pairing and won't read anything else *shrugs*.  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:32 pm
Hey, why isn't anyone else here? ::wonders:: Aw well....

Anyway, I LOVE those two together. Not my fav, but I still absolutely love the pairing. Actually, I'm more of a HarryxDraco, to put it in seme/uke terms. I like to make Harry the dominant one. biggrin

Anyway, I just think they go well together. I can't explain why--I just do! The first slash I read was a HarryxDraco, and it was so wonderfully written that it had me addicted!

Anything I wouldn't read? Well, if it was poorly written, or written specifically to bash gays... Also, I don't like ones with incest, even if it's just as a side-pairing. Gay/lesbian? Yay! Incest? No thanks...

Anyway, I've only written two slash fics so far, and they're both femme. GinnyxLuna, if you're interested. That's my OTP. Anyway, seeing as this is a Drarry form, I'll stop talking about them. ^.~

Ooo... I like that plot. I've seen it before, of course, but no one plot can be used the same way twice! What plot isn't cliche, anyway?  

DeystarSkyiua

keya

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:02 pm
I have no idea why I like Drarry. I'm just drawn to it I guess, and they seem like the most logical paring to slash, they have the whole good vs. evil thing. Almost like Romeo and Juliet in a way, they're not supposed to be together, but they are. 3nodding Also, the first slash I read was a H/D, so I'm kinda biased. cool

I'll read all Drarry. heart

My favorite plot is post-hogwarts, where Draco is gay, and makes Harry come around. (Like When the darkness broke in). I also like where they're forced to work together, and things just happen. I don't really like a story if there is no conflict between them in the beginning. They can't just dive into the smut- there has to be hesitation, or a relationship developing for me to like it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 11:38 pm
keya

My favorite plot is post-hogwarts, where Draco is gay, and makes Harry come around. (Like When the darkness broke in). I also like where they're forced to work together, and things just happen. I don't really like a story if there is no conflict between them in the beginning. They can't just dive into the smut- there has to be hesitation, or a relationship developing for me to like it.

I have to agree that fics that have loads of conflict or a developing relationship are the best. I really do like the fics where their relationship is developed so slowly that it's almost agonizingly slowly--say, 10 chapters or more until something is really concrete and all tension is solved.  

Mizuci

SilbernerDrache

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:21 pm
I like Drarry because they're so different, Like fire and ice. I know, corny analogie. I'll read almost any fics I can get my hands on, unless they suck, but I really like the more racy ones. God bless the PSP with internet capabilities!

I love Veela!Draco stories, it explains why he's so pretty. The only annoying thing is when the authors go all OOC on us. There needs to be character development. I hate when they make Draco and Harry just forget all the years of hatred and just jump in the sack. Like, Yeah right, that'll happen.

Just a minor rec. There is a Drarry story in Fiction Alley under the Dark Arts. I believe the title is "Beautiful World". It is well written, well developed and will make you cry. C'est belle!
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:00 pm
i like this pairing. Not as much as others but it's okay. I like the type where Draco seduces Harry and makes him be him and his father's love slave or something...  

omfghaxd

Mizuci

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:29 pm
SilbernerDrache
I like Drarry because they're so different, Like fire and ice. I know, corny analogie. I'll read almost any fics I can get my hands on, unless they suck, but I really like the more racy ones. God bless the PSP with internet capabilities!

I love Veela!Draco stories, it explains why he's so pretty. The only annoying thing is when the authors go all OOC on us. There needs to be character development. I hate when they make Draco and Harry just forget all the years of hatred and just jump in the sack. Like, Yeah right, that'll happen.

Just a minor rec. There is a Drarry story in Fiction Alley under the Dark Arts. I believe the title is "Beautiful World". It is well written, well developed and will make you cry. C'est belle!
heart

I haven't really read any Veela!Draco stories. They've always seemed so cliche to me. Could you rec any good ones though?

Beautiful World by Cinnamon? That's a tear jerker, as all of Cinnamon's stories are (...or at least the Drarry ones I've read). Damn good, though.

[PSP has internet capabilities like that? Does it work just like regular wireless internet?]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:11 pm
Drarry= heart

I just..love everything about them. It's just about all I read. But I can't take really dark depressed suicidal Harry and Draco..too sad..

Well, sometimes, if it's written well. But I like funny cute Harry and Draco..For some reason. I like it if they end up happy together!

I read a..fabeh Draco Harry one. Dragon Tamer. Love.

But they're so..different..it's so perfect.  

Fallen2angel

Kitsune_karin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:07 pm
To put it in Seme/Uke terms I've always liked Draco/Harry.

I don't usually read fics but when i'm in the mood I will, and I like the story to be in Hogwarts, not outside of it. Just, I dunno, a building thing of romance, like starts out cute. Then they both get in detention together or something, and Draco "Accidentally" falls on top of Harry, and you've got a good story going right there, and then Snape walks in. whee Sorry, I've had that in my mind a lot and no one's written it in a Fic that I know of, I would write it myself, but it's just cuter when it's written by someone else. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:11 pm
Mizuci
SilbernerDrache

heart

I haven't really read any Veela!Draco stories. They've always seemed so cliche to me. Could you rec any good ones though?

Beautiful World by Cinnamon? That's a tear jerker, as all of Cinnamon's stories are (...or at least the Drarry ones I've read). Damn good, though.

[PSP has internet capabilities like that? Does it work just like regular wireless internet?]

Also, where's Fiction Alley? How do I get there? I MUST KNOW! O_O  

Kitsune_karin

Mizuci

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:28 pm
Kitsune_karin

Fiction Alley

One of the best quality HP fanfic sites. Enjoy!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:08 am
Mizuci
Kitsune_karin

Fiction Alley

One of the best quality HP fanfic sites. Enjoy!

Thanks! I'm reading Beautiful World right now, just started chapter one, it's really well written, I'll post back when I've finished, probably in tears the way I've heard it described. 3nodding  

Kitsune_karin

Viper_Hiss1116

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:18 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:46 pm
Viper_Hiss1116
User Image

heart That is so uber cute!  

[.Fuzzy.Green.Jacket.]

.[P!nky].

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:52 pm
I love HarryXDraco they are so cute together!!!I don't think there is any fanfic I won't read about them! xp  
Pairing Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff