Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
DA VINIC CODE.........your thoughts and opinions Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should people be so offended by the Movie?
Yes!!!!!!!!!!, it's messing with bible and history
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No it's really dumb it's a damn movie
47%
 47%  [ 20 ]
i don't agree with what the movie says but then again it's just a movie
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
I don't care
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
pollwhore option
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 42

Fallentowards

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 7:11 pm
Ok we must all be aware of the pure hype and CONTROVERSY surrounding the release of Ron Howards silver screen verson of Dan Browns most famous novel. But now i want to know what you all think about it? Personally i think it's bloody RETARDED that soo many people are offended, out raged by the movies content ...and so called "messages " regarding religion and untrue history..blah blah.....my opinion.....it's a god damn book...made into a movie..it's a brillant work of fiction....i find it quite damn annoying......but what i really want to hear is what others think soo feel free to state your thoughts  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:19 pm
I find it hilarious and ridiculous that so many have gone to great lengths to remove it from theaters, I mean it's just a movie! As a Catholic I don't necessarily believe whats in the movie, I believe it COULD be possible even, I mean come on, a good 20 years of Jesus' life is not recorded, whats to say he never got married? of course it wouldn't be mentioned in the Bible, it's from a time where women were believed to amount to nothing even more so than some of the sexist bastards that still exist today. Why would his wife be mentioned, also why is it wrong when a marriage between a man and a woman is supposed to be something good and pure. It's just all amusing really. I'm in a Catholic club on my college campus, and one of our advisors is trying to get us to go the the movies and watch anything but Da Vinci Code... to boycott it. I'm watching. I'm sooooo watching it.  

IraMorti

Demonic Shapeshifter

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:50 pm
I have the honor of knowing an actual knight templar and know his behaviorism after so many years.....he showed no "tells" when I politely brought up the subject, so either he knows nothing or that part is untrue.

As for jesus being married, think about it; even today it's considered repulsive to marry a prostitute - even a former prostitute. they're like a moped - everyone wants to ride it but wouldn't be caught dead seen on one.
(note that everyone is being suggective and I have friends - former prostitutes - who are blissfully wed) Since women are considered evil since eve supposedly corrupted adam with an apple how could jesus be aught but celibate and chaste? Not that I believe women to be evil or jesus unknown in the biblical sense, of course.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:09 am
...This whole thing is retarded...

The movie is a huge controversy.... but what about the book?

The book got squat about all of this. People are such hypocrits. Evidently, these catholics don't like to read... which is probably WHY they're catholics, because if they actually READ the bible they would probably be christians or some crap like that.

Frankly, I thought the DaVinci Code (the book) was awesome! I read it, I was enthralled. It was amazing.

I'm open-minded enough to read it, and enjoy it, without making a big deal about it.

And it's just that... IT'S A BOOK! IT'S FICTION!

You don't have to read the book... You don't have to watch the movie, so STOP BEING OFFENDED! Geez.

Kupo Ikari

SelenX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:14 am
Well it could very well be possiable... Many things where disproven on the history channel. If there is one channel I do belive about the bible its that because they are scienitologists (sp?)... Though still it could be possiable nobody really knows... The bible has been rewriten so many times by so many people who really knows the truth we just go by speculation and that is what this mocvie was pure speculation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:46 am
I think people need to get the sticks outta their behinds and get over it. The guy who wrote the book (really good book, by the way) wrote it as fiction. He doesn't think that all these things are true, he just wrote a story.

The book was awesome, if you aren't a closemnded idiot, read it, you'll enjoy it I promise.

The movie kinda sucked compared to the book though, so do yourself a favor and watch that first. It isn't exactly...no, let me rephrase that...it's nothing like the book. They changed almost everything. The beginning is wrong, the end is wrong, they add scenes that aren't in the book, and I'm sorry, but Harrison Ford would have been a much better Robert Langdon than Tom Hanks.

Don't let this deter you though, as a movie, it's very good. It's just that, if you read and enjoyed the book, prepare to be disappointed, as it's nothing like it. You should still watch the movie though, it's interesting.  

wantondestruction

The Rose of Demise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:13 am
People did get hyped up over the book, but not nearly so much as the movie, which was one of the best I`ve ever seen. But these protesters don`trealize that if they want to keep a lot of people from seeing it, shut up. They are giving it fame. But they say it demoralizes the catholic church, that already has been done by history on the books. People need to pull thier heads out of their buts and just view the movie as a peice of fiction. That`s all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:15 pm
It's absolutely hilarious how all these people are slamming not only the movie, but the book as well. I don't think they even realize the book is FICTIONAL!

But, you know, typical idiots must always jump to conclusions that are altogether false...

Harlequin Hisakata

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:30 am
And the fact is that the ideas presented in the book/movie weren't even original! There were numerous books already out that stated what The Da Vinci Code was based on. Da Vinci Code is a work of FICTION, though. If you want book banning, you should be pointing at the books that Dan Brown used as references, not the NOVEL/MOVIE.

Srsly. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:56 am
All I have to say is that I don't believe anything from it because it's fiction - like what so many of you have affirmed before me.

I think it's stupid that people are offended, but I understand why they are. Faith is a personal thing, and when it's attacked - by whatever method - they take it personally.

The book conflicts with the Bible. The Bible tells us that Jesus' bride is the church - the church being those who assemble in his name and worship him. Those baptised into his death. If Jesus was married on this earth, he would not be eligble for marriage to the church.

In short, the DaVinci Code may be interesting, it may be well written, but it's fiction and I don't believe what it's saying.

MortSanglant

0157-H7

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:54 pm
loveneverdies31395

The movie kinda sucked compared to the book though, so do yourself a favor and watch that first. It isn't exactly...no, let me rephrase that...it's nothing like the book. They changed almost everything. The beginning is wrong, the end is wrong, they add scenes that aren't in the book.

Yeah that's how I felt. My mom and I watched it and often we would looka t each other and be like "o.O WTF?!" because of scenes that weren't in the book, or had been changed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:18 pm
One word : crap

I´m not catholic and I don´t care if this movie offends the Church. the point is that the story is a lowest type of fiction... not original ...

Leonardo´s paintings have a different meaning and context, (you can ask some experts) nothing to do with a religious plot. For starters in Renassense, people (including Leonardo) used to have an humanistic spirituality meaning a relationship of reconciliation with God, like a child with his father and guardian... according to art historians

Now when people visits the Louvre and contemplates the Mona Lisa, their minds say Oh!! the da Vinci code instead of appreciate the art within  

Dafnea

Tom Gunn 666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:13 pm
Id wager the people who started this havent even read the book or seen the movie...rather just heard about it or seen ads. It was the same deal with Harry Potter, they took one look at the cover and screamed witchcraft!
when honestly its about morals, self respect, and teamwork in an aspect.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:30 pm
I think it's stupid.

First off - it's just a movie.

Second off - I don't believe in organized religon anyway, it just doesn't make sense in my mind - everyone has their different ideas about the world and the afterworld - why can't we just let ourselves be different and get some oppinions on what other people think (not their priest), and form those into our own religon.

The movie is just one man's veiw of this world.

If you're going to critisize that - than you might as well critisize the pope.  

mee_shee

Southern Belles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:23 pm

First off if you're a true catholic, chirstian wtvz
then it really doesn't matter because you're opinion shouldn't change
because you're dedicated to your religion.
Besides that, it's just really entertaining and I love the book.
movie sucked.
books <3

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas