Which do you prefer?
  Boa
  Hyolee
View Results

Teh Eve

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:50 am
Who do you prefer? Boa or Hyolee? <3 heart

WHEN POST PLEASE STATE WHY!!!!

Remember to respect everyone's opinions!!!

My answer: Hyolee, just because I love her style and music taste. Plus I find her better looking than Boa. =D That is just my opinion though.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:58 am
i think i like hyolee better because i do not like boa that much. . i never heard any of hyolee's songs but oh well. . . she can not be as fake as boa is. . boa just keeps on chnaging styles and it is kinda annoying. .

[schizophrenic]

Chatte Noire

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:54 pm
I'm not familiar with either so I don't know... sad  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:18 am
I prefer BoA. When my Korean friends told me about a girl who looked just like her, Hyori Lee; what I found was that the songs I've listened from her...well...only one of them I actually like.

However, I do admit that after listening to all 40-50 of my BoA songs 1000+ times, it does kind of get boring; and yes, she does change styles a lot, which isn't that bad cause she changes with the times.
I personally like Girls On Top, Always, Valenti, No.1 and Everlasting. Of course, I've heard many harsh comments on Girls On Top, mainly by females of course who don't like her 'gothic' look in the MV as well as the fact that they probably understand the lyrics, which is why they don't like it.

On a purely 'sound' level, I like BoA better. If I knew the lyrics, or had more than 8 Hyolee songs...maybe I'd like Hyori better.

Darek Khort

f a n g i r l

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:16 pm
i like the one thats not boa. . . . i used to like boa. but that was cause i just liked her music back then. now. . . i dont know why, but i just stopped listening to her. . . her voice hurts my ears. . . .  
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:42 am
I prefer BoA than Lee Hyori...

Because I like BoA's songs than Hyori...
The one I heard of Hyori's songs were almost sounded like songs of American artist like Britney Spears... I'm talking about her song "Get Yah"

I like BoA's style more than Hyori's... Hyori is somewhat "Sexy" style... and I don't like that much... I'm more of into "cool & cutesy" style... hehehe... sweatdrop

se7enmidori

K-Pop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:03 am
I prefer Hyori. singing-wise, dance-wise and look-wise.

Presonally.

Singing-wise, I think Hyori's got a much better, more feminie voice than BoA and it seems more stronger, clearer and less frustrating while BoA, when she tries to scream or sing loud there's seems to be a bit too much moaning and always ends in a small 'puff' which shows that BoA has quite a weak voice and that's all the best she can do.

Dance-wise, Hyori's got better moves and I think she's more flexible. As for BoA, her performances always seemed quite stiff.

Look-wise, Hyori's waaa~y cuter and hotter than BoA. You guys most of the time only see the grung-y side of her in the music videos, etc. but out of that world and Hyori is the sweetest doll you'll ever see. But for the fact that Hyori's hal tomboy. BoA, on the other hand, either acts too innocenct or too cool-like for my tastes. She's a drama queen, I tell ya.

No offence to anyone. I like both Hyori and BoA. I can take a photo of all my Hyori and BoA albums if you like. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:15 pm
I'd have to say BoA. XD

Hyori is cool too, but BoA........ I just feel like I know her better. (Afterall, she was my very first favourite K-POP singer. ^^)

BoA's songs are just so catchy to me..... ^^;;

I think they both dance and sing very well.

My personal favourite song of BoA's is MOTO. XD I just love her "crazy move" part! (Is learning...........)  

I Have Moved

[schizophrenic]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:27 pm
i just do not think BoA has that great of a voice. . her voice always sound that she is over exagerates when she sings and yea. . when i was younger i thought she was an okay singer now that i think about it. . she was just lucky that her looks helped her along the way of being a star. . .didnt she get a whole bunch of palstic surgery though. . .didnt both of them did??? thats crazy. .

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:16 am
orientalxbaby
i just do not think BoA has that great of a voice. . her voice always sound that she is over exagerates when she sings and yea. . when i was younger i thought she was an okay singer now that i think about it. . she was just lucky that her looks helped her along the way of being a star. . .didnt she get a whole bunch of palstic surgery though. . .didnt both of them did??? thats crazy. .
It's been told BoA didn't get plastic surgery because her parents disagreed of her being a gasoo. As for Hyori, most say she was pretty from the beginning. But I doubt both. I mean the Korean music industry is famous for its plastic surgeries. Asians can't help but admire the pointy noses, big eyes and white skin of the western people. x)  

K-Pop

I Have Moved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:52 pm
Well.......... honestly BoA DID get lots of plastic surgery....... she got one again before the MOTO and Girls On Top songs too. O_O  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:52 pm
I prefer BoA cause she has a nice voice and she can really dance.
Don't get me wrong I love Hyolee too, but now he music just sounds too much like Britney Spears. But Her voice is beautiful.  

Nanese_loves_Jaejoong

I Have Moved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:54 pm
Nanese_loves_Jaejoong
Don't get me wrong I love Hyolee too, but now he music just sounds too much like Britney Spears. But Her voice is beautiful.

Yeah I like that too. ^^ I don't know much about Hyori though. O_O Anywhere I can get some info on her? I just might like her too. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:13 am
SutekiYume
Nanese_loves_Jaejoong

Yeah I like that too. ^^ I don't know much about Hyori though. O_O Anywhere I can get some info on her? I just might like her too. ^^

she is part of a girl group called Fin.KL.

Fine Killing Liberty if anyone is curious of what that stands for. rofl

She started on her solo career and made it BIG BIG BIG BIIIGG.

<3 Shes so purdy. If you want I can upload pictures of her  

Teh Eve

Alicks
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:05 pm
BoA!

Okay, so I'm a HUGE fan, but I'll try to sound as human as possible. domokun

Well, I think that BoA has accomplished a lot. Sure, she changed a lot.. But I think that's a good thing. People would get bored with the same, old, bubble-gum cutesy image she had going.. And really, she would have looked pretty dumb like that at her age. And I think her voice is great... Honestly, I can't compare it to anything else. She has amazing range, and her voice is smooth. And if you've seen her concerts, she can sing and dance at the same time without sounding horrible. Even when she sprained her leg on the Best of Soul tour, she kept going because she didn't want to upset her fans. I dunno, I just think she's really a great person... And she's very successful all over Asia, and hopefully soon in the US also. I'm kind of babbling, but yeah, that's how I feel. I think you need to look at more than her image and music... You need to look at her personality and small things about her.. How she cries at her farewell songs at concerts, or that time the audience sang her Meri Chri song. It's hard to explain, and I just made a huge wall of text, SO I'M GONNA SHUT UP.

So yeah, BoA > Hyolee. cool  
kpopFANS

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces