Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
camilla Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:31 pm
discuss.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:14 pm
Good old Horse Face  

Moomba666

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:10 pm
My father (not British, that's from my mom's side) refers to her as "good old rottweiler."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:57 pm
Thank God they are too old to have children, i mean think of how horrible that would be, eh?

that being said I applaud the Queen for not going to the wedding
*tips hat*

It's just there's something about her that bugs me...annoys me  

50ny4

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:17 pm
I hear that she is going to be permitted to be queen if the incumbent (heh) dies.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:48 pm
I can't say i'm too fond of her (to put it as nicely as possible). wink  

Knightsedge
Crew

Moomba666

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:09 am
Still dont get why Charles broke it off with Diana for Horse Face. xp eek  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:37 am
Because by most accounts, Diana was a manipulative cheating b***h and Camilla the down to earth and supportive friend.

If he loves her, then fine. I see no reason why anyone should have a problem with their marriage.

Most people's problems with Camilla seem to me to stem from the fact that Camilla can't/can't be bothered to play up to the media. I don't have a problem with this, I've a good deal of respect for someone who will be themself, damn to what the media think. She's the sort of person who would happily let us smoke, eat junk food and chase foxes. That is enough for approval in my book.

She should not be Queen though, she should be Princess Consort, Princess of Cornwall as the rules dictate.

Invictus_88
Captain

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:47 am
Invictus_88

She should not be Queen though, she should be Princess Consort, Princess of Cornwall as the rules dictate.

And since she is a divorcee, Charles must, if he wishes to marry her, make it clear he intends to renounce his claim on the throne. That's also dictated by the rules, after all.

Surely it would be Duchess of Cornwall?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:20 am
Invictus_88
Because by most accounts, Diana was a manipulative cheating b***h and Camilla the down to earth and supportive friend.

If he loves her, then fine. I see no reason why anyone should have a problem with their marriage.

Most people's problems with Camilla seem to me to stem from the fact that Camilla can't/can't be bothered to play up to the media. I don't have a problem with this, I've a good deal of respect for someone who will be themself, damn to what the media think. She's the sort of person who would happily let us smoke, eat junk food and chase foxes. That is enough for approval in my book.

I agree, I've no problems with them getting married. I mean, isn't it time we let go of Diana and concentrate on what may happen in the future. Charles could never become King if he still has a mistress; it would put a too greater shame on the royals. Who are already a mess. Marriage seems a sensible course for once. What do the royals do? They make a fuss. Well wasn't that predictable... stare  

Nebelstern
Crew

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:42 am
I believe that it was just decided that he would still be allowed to succed to the throne.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:50 am
tombrend
I believe that it was just decided that he would still be allowed to succed to the throne.

Well I havn't really paid much attention to the story recently. In fact, I've made a conscious effort to avoid any royal media follies to do with the wedding/camilla etc. because I think too much has been made of it all already.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:01 am
To be honest, I don't care what any member of the Royal Family does with their private life nor do I think it's any of my business. If Charles intends to marry her, then they can work out the fine detail regarding whether or not he can ascend the throne and whether or not Camilla can be Queen. However, I don't think it's my place to have a personal opinion on either of them or on whether or not they should marry because I don't know them; I take the same attitude with other people: I don't know you as well as you know eachother -- it's not fair of me to judge you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:17 am
Tell me the latest updates on The Royal Dress!  

Boolean Julian
Crew

illyrianth
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:07 pm
tombrend

Now THAT...that I cannot agree with at all. Personally, my loyalty to the crown will be tested if not totally shattered if he ever attains the throne. I realise it makes no difference to him or anyone else, but it is a crying shame to my mind.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games