Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Doctor Who/Torchwood Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favourite Doctor?
  Patrick Troughton
  John Pertwee
  Tom Baker
  Peter Davidson
  Colin Baker
  Sylvester Mcoy
  Christopher Eccleston
  David Tennant
View Results

wodewose

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:48 am
30/10/2006: edited title. ("Doctor Who" to "Doctor Who/Torchwood") - FiF

Just 4 days untill the erstwhile Time Lord returns.....I`m all - a - tingle with fanboy glee...of course I`m an old git, old enough to remember John Pertwee as the Doctor. xp

Edit: Poll stats prior to deletion to include the new doctors. Vero-voted doctors removed.

Willian Hartnell
0% [ 0 ]
Patrick Troughton
5% [ 1 ]
John Pertwee
16% [ 3 ]
Tom Baker
55% [ 10 ]
Peter Davidson
5% [ 1 ]
Colin Baker
5% [ 1 ]
Sylvester Mcoy
11% [ 2 ]
That McGann fellow
0% [ 0 ]

~LXXXVIII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:00 am
Tom Baker...

Never really a Doctor Who fan but he was good.  

Moomba666

fwikin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:36 pm
i just voted john something, because he has a funny surname, and i never watched doctor who, so i really shouldnt have voted! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:22 am
i cant wait for the new series. i used to watch old episodes of it but i cant remember what it was like.

my dad says that when he used to watch it, he was terrified and hid behind the sofa.  

mr gimp

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:49 am
fwikin
i just voted john something, because he has a funny surname, and i never watched doctor who, so i really shouldnt have voted! blaugh

Nyasha, I think you've been in the Chatterbox for too long..  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:52 am
I usted to love Dr Who and the Time lords, it was great how they found a way around the changing actors razz

The Darlaks, Krynoids, Zygons, Ice Warriors, The cybermen, so many great evil races, and of course, the Master and the Time Meddler  

Teta the punisher

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:52 pm
fwikin

Ooh, you poll whore...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:01 am
I'm waiting, videotape at the ready and time-slot on the VCR dibsied, for the episode tomorrow evening...and both fingers crossed that it's good! Though the trailer/advert I saw on BBC1 this week hasn't filled me with confidence. The new Doctor just looks like a guy off the street, and I always thought he was supposed to appear at least a little...eccentric, you know?

But then again, I've only been a fan since 1998 - my Mum never let me watch the series when I was little, so my first experience of it was the long row of novelisations in the library (which I ignored at the time) and then the Tele-movie in 1996 (which didn't catch my interest at the time...Red Dwarf obsession still in full swing...) - so my view may be a little skewed.

Talythia Starseeker

Natch

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:24 am
Have totally never seen it. crying
Sob. I'm part of the generation the Doctor skipped. Therefore, I wait with baited breath for the new series. Something to get majorly obsessed with, I think! xd Although I strongly dislike Billie Piper. stare

I voted Tom Baker, because he so crazy.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:10 am
What did people think of the first episode of the new series then?

Comments, criticisms?

Invictus_88
Captain

Teh_Uber_Mule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:34 am
Tom Baker was my fave doctor in the old series. My mum is a doctor who nut and so I grew up with Dr Who... I have a scarf that it identical to the one Tom Baker wore in the show XD

I like the new series, the second episode looks interesting. I downloaded the first episode last week, but Im still trying to find the second episode on bitTorrent...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:42 am
I've never seen an entire episode from any of the old series' of Doctor Who. But I watched the first episode of the new series.
It was corney, melodramatic, over-hyped...
And about time time too.
Television's been so depressing lately.
Thankyou, BBC. Looking forward to next weeks installment. whee  

Ph_ish

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:26 pm
Does the question really have to be asked? Tom Baker IS Doctor Who. Even when he's not.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:39 am
i loved it, the new tardis looks uber cool, and billie piper acted surprisingly well, but, the acting isnt her best asset (sorry for lowering the tone wink )

Well, i liked it  

Teta the punisher

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:04 pm
Talythia Starseeker
Though the trailer/advert I saw on BBC1 this week hasn't filled me with confidence. The new Doctor just looks like a guy off the street, and I always thought he was supposed to appear at least a little...eccentric, you know?

This I agree with more now, having seen the new series. He does look a bit too much like a character from eastenders, though the dialogue does set him in the unusual category he is not so visually striking as Tom Baker.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff