Reply Extended Discussion
Protesters gone retarded. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why are people stupid?
  I have no clue.
  Because they've taken a few too many anti-depressants in their lifetime.
  They're not stupid! They're clearly within thier rights!
  .........*snuffs the above person*
  ...I told them not to put their heads in the microwave... but did they listen? Nooooooo!
  Government=retarded
  ...I love pickles.
View Results

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:10 pm
Why is our country filled with self affirming d**k wads? Does anyone else see this? These people complain that our country is oppressive. They complain about the government. They complain about clothes. They complain about religion. They complain about war. They complain about the military.

THEY COMPLAIN.

They can't do that in any other country, I wonder if they've realized this.

For instance... There is this group of 'christians' who think that 9-11, dead soilders, the war, AIDs, and other things are our punishment for disobeying god. They try to protest at soilders funerals, around the families that have had to suffer. They hold up signs that say "Thank God for dead soilders" and "God is your enemy" and many others.

These people must be high! I understand we live in America, where you should have freedom of speech (ha ha). Everyone has that freedom, but obviously not many people are equipped with the intelligence to use it properly.

If you would like to see a news coverage where Hannity and Colmes interview Shirely Roper, one of these 'christians'.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1145695609/Fox_News_Baptist_Protestor

Notice how she avoids his question about "her sins". I wonder, does she think she's completely innocent and sin free? Ha.

I'd like to here your thoughts and views.

(I asked Luri-kun where to put this, and she said here... so that's where it's going!)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:16 pm
Oh God. That woman is scary. I believe in God, sure, but I don't believe in taking it THAT FAR.

And as to the "God is your enemy" signs and the whole "God hates America" theme of this... The way I was taught it, God loved everyone... *sigh*  

EvFaerAshlynn

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:26 pm
Ah, we have discussed these people in my history class many times.
I think, that under the constitution, they have a right to believe, and say what they want. AS long as they do it in a non-violent way.
That is under the law.

Morally, those people need to stop protesting at funerals of fallen soldiers. Those families have enough to deal with.

I don't remember which state, but one tried to make a law for the protestors to gather within in so many feet of the graveyard, or funeral/wake/gathering.
But, the group could say the state was going beyond their 1st ammendment rights.
These people are just getting way to much public attention, which makes them think they are right in their own way.
Remember people, everyone has their own beliefs, don't hate them for it.
Just shun them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:37 pm
I think it's actually a federal law that you can't hold protests within 600 feet of a funeral or military thing.

Don't take my word for it though.

I almost can't believe these people on a moral level though... These families have just had a death of one of their very close loved ones, and they're holding those signs? I'm all for free speech... but damn.

Freedom of speech only protects those who abuse it I guess.

Kupo Ikari

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:54 pm
KupoWrath
Freedom of speech only protects those who abuse it I guess.

Be glad we even have it. In some countries, people are still being executed for a simple first offense on DUIs. Which I actually think America should do.

But, the amendments are made to protect human rights that we should have.
These people, from what I remember, generally protest outside the cemetary during the burial, but the message is clear.

The reason they chose those funerals, is probably because they can get their message out to the world.
They are doing a damn good job, I think the have even been mentioned on CNN.

Their website is: http://www.godhatesfags.com/
Hrm...Intersting, They also have their site in spanish: http://www.godhatesfags.com/espanol/  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:21 pm
=/

The ignorance spawns from the fact that the bible is so general in it's persecutions.

Anything unorthodox is considered to be some work of the devil. And since its been translated and changed, the room for error and misunderstanding is a great. So, if everyone believes their interpretation is right, what then? If there are so many sects that are right in what they are doing absolutely, what is false? They contradict each other, but leave no margin for error.

Its like a classroom full of kids who think they all know the answer and scream "Pick Me! Pick Me!"  

Demi Veritaz

lyrin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:22 pm
User Image

>;D

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:38 pm
*sarcasticly* I love how some people are so quick to chastise those who do wrong, but refuse to admit that the too do wrong.

Whatever happened to "He without sin may cast the first stone." We are only human, we're not God, there's no way we can be perfect!

Damn Hypocrites!  

Polaree

Demi Veritaz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:41 pm
Everyone is a hypocrite.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:45 pm
Demi Veritaz
Everyone is a hypocrite.

True, it's just that those who can't admit that they can't live exactly as they preach seem to be the worst to deal with.  

Polaree

Demi Veritaz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:08 pm
3nodding

Unless they assent to a debate, in a calm, thoughtful manner, I wouldnt suggest discussing anything with people. Especially when its of that nature.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:25 pm
wow... there retarded..  

The Reused

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:32 pm
Hahah according to the poll:
Most people love pickles and know people that stick their head in the microwave.

But, well, I'm suprised this hasn't come up in my law class.
I'll mention it tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:50 pm
I'd just like to go up to them, grab them by the shoulder, and knee them in the balls.  

heeheeman

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:55 pm
They have the right to complain in Britain too, and most of the countries in Europe. They tend not to, though. I suppose their culture and media just doesn't produce such excessively negative people. the other thing: when they do complain, they can give you reasons why.

Now, I don't care for Bush. But though I hate a lot of his policies, I can accept that he thinks he's doing the right thing. He thinks he's a patriot, and from his viewpoint, he's showing it well.

I can't stand complaints that aren't explained, that get completely rabid, and that can't concede or at least accept other peoples' ideas. b***h if you want to, but shut up before people start yawning.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff