Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
[School] Failing your native language Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you were failing a class, which would it be?
Math
50%
 50%  [ 28 ]
English
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Social Studies
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Science
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Lunch/Recess
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Poll whore! :domocrunchymunchy:
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Elective
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
your major (i.e., main class)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 56

bonestars

Dapper Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:35 am
Who's with me? domokun

I'm currently failing English for the first time in my life. I'm afraid to fail for the whole year. I'm just really stressed out about it and a place so accepting seems like a good place to vent.

If anyone has any suggestions on writing an essay about why George Orwell wrote the way he did, and somehow tying that in with his novel 1984, I would love to hear from you! Or if you just want to talk to me. It gets lonely, being a Creative Writing major and failing English. Failing your native language. redface  
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:09 pm
JerkMyRainbowChain
Who's with me? domokun

I'm currently failing English for the first time in my life. I'm afraid to fail for the whole year. I'm just really stressed out about it and a place so accepting seems like a good place to vent.

If anyone has any suggestions on writing an essay about why George Orwell wrote the way he did, and somehow tying that in with his novel 1984, I would love to hear from you! Or if you just want to talk to me. It gets lonely, being a Creative Writing major and failing English. Failing your native language. redface

Meh. It's so anglo-centric.

9th grade, in french we're learning "to eat" and in english, we learn about poetic devices. EQUALITY, PLEASE.

Sorry, I'm hyper now.

EDIT: English was last tern, and basically, I did absolutely NO WORK (as in I had 0%) until the last day of the term. I stayed after school til 7:00 finishing my english. Passed with around 70%. Supposedly I'm "gifted".  

Kuroi Kokoro no Mendori

farewell songs

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:35 pm
Actually, I just had this exact problem o_o! I thought I was going to fail for the year, because I didn't do my major end-of-year research paper, but since I managed to scarpe up D's for the first 3 quarters, I'm going to pass for the year (Not by much, but hell, it's still passing xD!) SO I can totally sympathize with your worry. Try begging the teacher, it worked with another one of my friends who didn't do his research paper.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:13 am
~Do you mean like 'Animal Farm'?  

Asteren

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

volley15

15,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:45 pm
I'm so totally failing Chemistry! I'm not good in math, and the fact that chem is 99% math doesn't help. So yeah as you can guess I have a 60 so far for the 4th quarter.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:20 pm
Not really failing at anything right now after a miracolous recovery last year. Was close to being kicked out for totally failing everything a few years back though.  

[OMFG NARKI]

Sayaka Tenoh

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:39 pm
I am so failing math now...well not really anymore...a D is considered passing where I'm from... sweatdrop God I hate Geometry  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:46 pm
I'd say it's time to reconsider your major there. Or stop asking weirdos on the internet for homework help. There's much more reliable sources out there.  

This is Major Tom

0 Gecko Girl Vici 0

Tipsy Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:31 pm
English is the easiest class I've ever had the pleasure to take. I've always had As in it.

And that's saying a lot because English isnt my first language.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:55 am
I always found English mind numbingly boring (well, English literature) - I swear they make stuff up! We read "Of Mice and Men" and I'm sure half the inferences were just my english teacher's imagination. We spent months annotating that book, I'd sit there staring longingly out the window... I still got an A in it though. smile

I just sat my history A-level today though and I'm panicking I've flunked British history. It was like everything I knew about the topic had absolutely no relevance to the question. *sigh*

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200

yukaritomo

Rainbow Hoarder

31,525 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:00 pm
this past school year i failed math ,english,french science and my elective so you could be doing worse  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:52 pm
Bleah. I'm not doing poorly in school...it's just really hard. I've actually got fairly good grades considering that I'm in the International Baccheloreate (Super AP/Honors) program and every C I make is equal to a B in Honors or an A in regular classes (supposedly). I've got like...3 B's and 3 A's, or whatever the equivalent would be in a regular class. So I can't complain that I'm doing poorly in school, but...it's so freaking hard. >.< So much homework. Speaking of which... *goes off to summarize all of Chapter 3 in his history book for use in a brief yet detailed quiz worth 20 points*  

Ethereal Observer

Aeronwyn

14,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:22 am
Aeronwyn
I always found English mind numbingly boring (well, English literature) - I swear they make stuff up! We read "Of Mice and Men" and I'm sure half the inferences were just my english teacher's imagination. We spent months annotating that book, I'd sit there staring longingly out the window... I still got an A in it though. smile

I just sat my history A-level today though and I'm panicking I've flunked British history. It was like everything I knew about the topic had absolutely no relevance to the question. *sigh*

Re-reading that I can happily say I hadn't flunked it. I ended up with all As. smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:31 am
Bump eek Just kidding....I suck at math....oh and Gifted people are not real humans.................................................... domokun  

Dead Twisted Romance

marrrow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:12 pm
Ooh. Creative writing is fun. xd We just don't get to do a lot of it. sad
Um, I'd love to help, but I've never heard of George Orwell or read a book called 1984. Sorry.
But, maybe, if you Google searched 'im and found a biography about him and (providing, of course, you've read the book) then you might be able to find some insight into his writing? I dunno.
Math is my worst subject, but I love English (Literature, Language Arts, whatever you wanna call it.) It's even better if you get a cool teacher. (My teacher this year, Missus Golds, is the awesomeness. xd )

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff