Reply Rude Discussion
How/When did you get into ska? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x MoonlightAngel x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:14 pm
I only started listening to it cause my brother did. I guess I just started listening about a year ago..  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:29 pm
x MoonlightAngel x
I only started listening to it cause my brother did. I guess I just started listening about a year ago..
I knew some people back in the day that knew some people that hooked me up with some mp3's of a style I never heard before. There is a very vague description for you lol.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

Serial Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:31 pm
I was looking at a finnish MP3 where bands can submit their songs and all that...I saw a band "Goon" and a genre "ska". I was about "What the...Is this?! A three-letter acronym?!" Then I downloaded one of their songs and listened to it. Then I downloaded all of their songs. And I guess you can guess the rest.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:53 pm
About 2 years ago. I was making my friend a cd with songs he wanted, and half of them happened to belong to Reel Big Fish... and I fell in love with them once I listened to them.  

Cinnabele

The Jace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:48 pm
about two years ago, my friend showed me five iron frenzy (quantity is job 1) and some song on there. he told me it was ska and showed me one song. i remember thinking, trumpets in punk! i play trumpet! ska is awesome!! so i went out and bought CDs, the rest is history  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:25 pm
i started listening to it last year around the end of the school year:
this "chick" (now one of my friends) in my band class had an Aquabats shirt on. i say something along the lines of this to my friend, "hmm. The Aquabats..that must be a band. have you heard them?" she had heard them and she said they were good and told me to listen to them. she also told me to listen to Mustard Plug and the Forces of Evil. i did...and you know the rest.  

AquabatLady

XxCRIMSONxTEARSxX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:27 pm
definately through Five Iron Frenzy<333 And The OC SUpertoned heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:44 pm
I posted this in the other topic, but I will post here too...

Well...the first ska songs I heard would be by LTJ and MMB back with the digimon sound track. I was a little kid at the time. I didn't know that there was a whole bunch of music like that. I just knew that I liked those songs. I still have that album today infact.

I made a CD with random Japanese music, and the song I loved the most was a ska song. Again, I didn't know that it was ska. Still have that song today.

Now, later, I played animal crossing (a great game) and if you use the ereader and the card you get with the ereader you get a song for you radio. The song being K.K. Ska. Now I knew kinnda what ska was.

So then I am looking for versions of tetris on the internet (I looooove the tetris son. I love it so) and I come across tetris Ska (I think by RBF but it did not say that). I loved that song so much.

So now my friend in Irerland is telling me about the show he went to (Reel Big Fish). I didn't know who they were at the time so I downloaded a song or two by them. I loved them soooo much. I went to HMV and got Turn the Radio off.

My drum teacher found out that I liked ska and she gave me a CD with some Mustard Plug songs on it. I loved it. They are now the best band in the world.

Anyway...yeah...  

YoKo The Pastry Farmer

Fanta08

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:04 pm
A friend of mine did, about 7 years ago. He was really quiet and it was very funny to see him get so excited when he heard the music.

Sadly, my friend passed away last September of a drug overdose. I miss him, he was a great kid.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:48 pm
I started listening to it about 4 or 5 years ago, when I hear Reel Big Fish. At that time I used to listen to rap. Now Ive learned IT SUCKS. Ska is the only type of music for me.  

Vote_fo_Pedro

Plumbarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:51 am
My best friend got me into them, he had a faster computer then I did at the time, so he had kazaa and burned his own cds. On them were the toasters, less than jake, operation ivy, and reel big fish. The rest is history. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:57 pm
At a local concert a couple months back. Heard the ska band, got to skanking, and became a follower of the band. Wore their shirt today, now that I think about it. Anyways, went online, started listening to ska radio, wrote a handbook on being ska for english. The rest is history.  

Spiral Tuboflex

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Skabro

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:29 pm
My sissy when I was young...it was Mighty Might Bosstones...and it conjoined two of my favorite genres, Punk and Big band. I almost peed myself, it was that rad. Well...that is my story.

-Skabro domokun  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:53 am
I loved the Ramones, somebody recomended Rancid to me, through Rancid I learned of Operation Ivy. Ska from there on out.  

NotTooShabby

strawberry poo kmoo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:48 pm
I first heard ska because of my neighbor (the one who's son is the lead of Skamasutra), but at that time I just knew that they were freaking awesome, It was only a few months ago that I actually learned that it was called ska from an awesome rudie named Devon. XDDD  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff