Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga][FAKE] Anyone read it? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not Gabor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:37 pm
Fake is one of my favorite mangas. (For the people that dont know it is about two gay cops in New York.) The story line is amazing and the art is good too. Not only that but i fell in love with the characters. Any one else feel the same?  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:10 pm
Me! It's my absolute favourite manga. I'm majoring in criminal justice, and then I'm moving to New York, so I guess it's just neat in a weird coincidential kinda way. The anime is pretty good, too.

Bikky's the best whee My ferret is named after him.  

Happy Kaiba!

Liberal Explorer

1,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Not Gabor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:34 pm
when i read Fake i just can't help but go "awww". Ryo and Dee are the best! Whats your favorite part? ((and that is a crazy cowinkydink))  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:43 am
Yeah, aren't they? heart I like the art style, too. It's not really what you'd normally see in a manga, which makes it all the better.

I love the story about Bikky's substitute teacher (John Hale, I think his name was...?) blowing up the precinct and the school. ...but then again, I love explosions and all that stuff, so that's probably why xp What's yours?  

Happy Kaiba!

Liberal Explorer

1,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Not Gabor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:39 pm
OH! OH! OH! my favorite ones are the later ones. Cause their characters develop so much. # 5 and 6 are my favs. and then i like # 7 too. They are so cute. Like when Dee is about to shoot the guy who messed with his 'mother', and Ryo stands in front of the guy. And then later on Dee does the same thing for Ryo. Its so wonderful. And then number 7, well yeah thats cute too.  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:32 pm
yes!
i also own 3 volumes!

sob i need the complete collection .  

sickle_bloodless

Kitschy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:45 pm
I didn't like FAKE much at first just because the art style's not really my taste, but after I read a couple volumes, the characters, story, and hilariousness of everything made up for the art. Now it's one of my favorite series'. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:08 pm
i love fake ^_^ if you like it you should read yellow. it's a lot like fake but i lot more kinkier  

Raenefxx

5,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100

Not Gabor

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:43 pm
ohhh thats exciting!!! i will deff. look into that!  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:33 pm
Luna Vinceres
i love fake ^_^ if you like it you should read yellow. it's a lot like fake but i lot more kinkier

I can never get Yellow! crying Everytime I go to Waldenbooks, they have the 2nd or 3rd volume, and they NEVER have the first! It's so... disheartening.  

Happy Kaiba!

Liberal Explorer

1,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Espada69

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:56 pm
I love FAKE! I've read Yellow too, it's cool and cute.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:22 pm
I love fake! One of my very favorite yaoi mangas. I own the entire series and I never ger tired of re-reading the volumes heart

I especially love the art, Matoh has an amazing style. Hehee.. my fave volume is #7. 3nodding

The anime was pretty hilarious XDD

I'm wondering though, is there just an anime for volume 2 when they take a vacation? Coz I saw that one and I'd sure love to see some more T____T

heart heart heart  

0 Gecko Girl Vici 0

Tipsy Regular

Not Gabor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:55 pm
yeah there is only one anime and thats for number two.

@Happy Kaiba!--you should ask them to order the book, they will do that.  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:16 pm
I have read all of Fake in fact i own all 7 books! xd i just loved it! Ryo and Dee were the best! I would like to one day be able to say i own the DVD's too!  

Hitomi~~Kanzaki

PsychoPsychologist13

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:39 pm
I've only watched the anime and read the first 2 books. IT'S SO SAD!! I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT BEFORE I READ IT AND READING IT JUST MADE IT SO MUCH BETTER!! I WANT TO READ THE REST!!! It's so sad... crying  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games