Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
Fellow athiest, have you realized............... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which did we get first, logic or atheism?
  logic (FlamingChihuahua's theory)
  atheism (other people's theorys)
  Some granting of the great FlamingChihuahua
  What difference does it make? We all disbelieve god!
View Results

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:06 am
Well, do to observation, I have found that many athiests seem to be more logical.
I have come to a theory that sums it up:
athiests don't believe in god because we know that it is physically impossible.
Now with that said in my theory the answer would be logic coming first and leading us to atheism.

Contradictions?

Well, please leave comments, theorys, and argue a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:57 am
Hehe.. Reminding me of that three-star logic puzzle I completed last night in fifteen minutes. razz

I know for a fact I'm more logical than most people (especially those my age.) I'm always figuring out things one just a few clues, whereas others basically need you to spell things out in order for them to catch on. In a way, I would really like it if more people could be logical. They'd actually be able to understand when I explain something (I don't like to explain word-for-word and usually just put in information that can be sewn together on one's own.) But then again, a lot of people think I either know more than I do, or even (yes, for some people) think that I can read some minds. xD Like somebody explaining a new story and I already figure out the ending. It's pretty funny.

Explaining with logic to a religious person is usually tough.. But explaining with logic to a lot of people is tough anyway. One of my atheist friends says "You know how it was before you were born? Yeah, that's how it is when you die." That's pure logic. It's amazing religious people could be so set in their ways as to never even contemplate that.

I think closed-mindedness --> illogical explanations . Only if you're open-minded and consider all possibilities before settling on a decision will your answer hold logic. Of course, the idea of some huge being above us taking up invisible space is illogical in the first place, and can thus be counted out. wink  

Psycho_Katie

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:30 am
Psycho_Katie
Hehe.. Reminding me of that three-star logic puzzle I completed last night in fifteen minutes. razz

I know for a fact I'm more logical than most people (especially those my age.) I'm always figuring out things one just a few clues, whereas others basically need you to spell things out in order for them to catch on. In a way, I would really like it if more people could be logical. They'd actually be able to understand when I explain something (I don't like to explain word-for-word and usually just put in information that can be sewn together on one's own.) But then again, a lot of people think I either know more than I do, or even (yes, for some people) think that I can read some minds. xD Like somebody explaining a new story and I already figure out the ending. It's pretty funny.

Explaining with logic to a religious person is usually tough.. But explaining with logic to a lot of people is tough anyway. One of my atheist friends says "You know how it was before you were born? Yeah, that's how it is when you die." That's pure logic. It's amazing religious people could be so set in their ways as to never even contemplate that.

I think closed-mindedness --> illogical explanations . Only if you're open-minded and consider all possibilities before settling on a decision will your answer hold logic. Of course, the idea of some huge being above us taking up invisible space is illogical in the first place, and can thus be counted out. wink
Yes, the before you were born is the same as when you die, I of course believed in that without someone saying the idea, so yay for us who know what happens after we die, absolutely nothing!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:12 pm
Well you don't actually need logic to not believe.
Can't wait for the time in the future when all the stupid kids are atheists just cuz they were raised that way. Will the world really be such a better place? Argh the pointlessness!!!!  

Bluuberry

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:10 am
>.< lol heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:17 pm
Bluuberry
Can't wait for the time in the future when all the stupid kids are atheists just cuz they were raised that way. Will the world really be such a better place? Argh the pointlessness!!!!
Then we would have people disgracing us and thus causing more hatred towards us xd . Eh, a dumb atheist is an oxymoron in my opinion. Well, in my opinion, a safety pin is an oxymoron as well xd .  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:46 am
oxymoron is such an awesome word!...it shall be my new insult! >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:34 pm
[x] Natasha [x]
oxymoron is such an awesome word!...it shall be my new insult! >.<
Haha!
Lol  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:44 pm
They do kind of go together, but i don't really consider myself logical. I am always totally suprised by plot twists, I suck at logic puzzles, and a lot of the time stuff does have to be spelled out for me. I don't think its 100% if you're an athiest that makes you logical. Although you do have to be a little I guess...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:55 pm
Bluuberry

i myself will never raise my kids to my beleive or any beleive
i will teach them all the differnt relgions (not beleives) REligions... theres a diference....
and once their at a old enough age let them choose for themselfs...
thats how i wouldve wanted it... except for being forced upon it...
expesially the babtists!! who gave them the right to babtise babies before they have a ******** choice i mean seriously!!!!  

RockerSince1992

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:58 pm
my sister's being raised as a christian, just as i was...poor kid!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:21 pm
Xia Momo Capernicus
They do kind of go together, but i don't really consider myself logical. I am always totally suprised by plot twists, I suck at logic puzzles, and a lot of the time stuff does have to be spelled out for me. I don't think its 100% if you're an athiest that makes you logical. Although you do have to be a little I guess...
Ehh, I get what you mean, my short attention span and lack of interest makes me suck at those too.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

CrazyCatExtreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:10 am
When I was like 10 my best friend asked me if I believed in God, and I said yes. (keep in mind I never wentto church) and she asked me why? and the only answer I came up with was "how else did we all come to be here" then she asked me if I believed in aliens, and I said no, and she asked why? and, I don't remember what I said exactly, but she sort of opened my mind with that. And I don't remember exactly when I stoped believing in God. But I think it was probably around the tim I stoped believing in Santa(Which was like 11) anywho. I just started to think that God was just something ppl made up to explain how we came to be cause the thought of not knowing scared them. By the time we came out with some sort of explanation, they where so into what they had grown up believing that they denied it to be true. And Heaven is just something that was made up to make the thought of death less scary. So, I don't really know if it was logic that came first.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:57 pm
Atheists are obviously more logical than most people. If someone tells me something or asks me a question I think of the most logical response before answering, and not a lot of people do that xD

User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:33 pm
Well the shear pessimism of our beliefs (of that there is no god, nothing happens when you die, so what is the point of being here; Nihilism) could put us in the exact same position. But what about things that have no logic?

Christians and other theists all have one track of view; we are here to please some force higher than ourselves, because of that they are close minded as they see only what they are told to see, while an atheist or nihilist only lives to please themselves, where they are blocked by this belief in higher power they cannot think outside that belief or else it would anger the higher power, while we atheists are able to think outside thus making us more... not only logical but open minded.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff