Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Terrorism Act 2006

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emmamme

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:28 pm
Is it just me or is there a problem with the latest attempt to foil terrorism...

The Terrorism Act 2006 states that it is prohibited for any persons to glorify any terrorist act past or present.

So here comes the talking point, how many children do you think will be arrested this year for waving sparklers on November 5th this year, thanks to this new act? xd

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:31 pm
the 5th is a day of celebration for the FAILURE of the dastardly plot. And in any case it wasn't a failed terror attack, it was an attempt on the Kings life, regicide.  

Mr. Bono Vox

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:46 am
But still, I'm sure some people would like to be allowed to celebrate the French Resistance, the American Revolution and the Polish partisans?  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:10 am
Does that also mean that we can't watch Braveheart?  

and_solo_said

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:25 am
Invictus_88
But still, I'm sure some people would like to be allowed to celebrate the French Resistance, the American Revolution and the Polish partisans?
I just don't like it when people refer to November 5th as if it is some sort of day of celebration for what the plotters attempted.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:31 am
Mr. Bono Vox
the 5th is a day of celebration for the FAILURE of the dastardly plot. And in any case it wasn't a failed terror attack, it was an attempt on the Kings life, regicide.
So an attempt to destroy a government is not a terrorist act? Perhaps not in the actual definition of the term Terrorist act but in todays modern parlance and especially with todays fear of all things explody, it is. And whilst you may know the actual purpose of the 5th of november celebrations, most do not. Could be interesting.  

theonetruedel

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 am
theonetruedel
Mr. Bono Vox
So an attempt to destroy a government is not a terrorist act? Perhaps not in the actual definition of the term Terrorist act but in todays modern parlance and especially with todays fear of all things explody, it is. And whilst you may know the actual purpose of the 5th of november celebrations, most do not. Could be interesting.

He didn't say it wasn't.

I seriously doubt that 'most' people believe that we are celebrating the plot.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:04 pm
I'm just glad they haven't hired the Thought Police yet, I mean, I would so be in jail right nowXD  

Emmanuela

Tsamikayu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:36 am
and_solo_said

Since when was William Wallace a terrorist?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:41 pm
Tsamikayu
and_solo_said

Since when was William Wallace a terrorist?

Since September 11...I forget the year.

Anyway, in that he used terror. As did almost every celebrated hero in the entirity of history.

and_solo_said

You Look Dead My Dear

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:40 am
Its funny how everyone has forgotten about the IRA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:11 pm
They have?  

Invictus_88
Captain

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games