Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Cardio Problems

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A.Midnight.Whisper

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:47 am
Here's my situation:

I want to get more cardio into my daily life, but I'm having some problems. Not only am I asthmatic, but several months ago I had a really bad case of bronchitis (sp?). Until recently, I was really choked up and for the longest time I could hardly leave my house without my inhaler. In fact, there were times I couldn't walk up the stairs without becoming short of breath. There are still times when I get into big fits of coughing and can hardly move.

Around two weeks ago I started to get more fresh air. On nice days, I would leave my bedroom window open or would just sit outside on the deck for a while. Now, the fresh air has been a major help, but unfortunately I still can't even laugh or cry too much without gasping for air and reaching for my inhaler.

I was told I need to be more active and to get more cardio. Plus, if I want to lose weight and tone up, that's obvious. I have been trying to get myself used to being active. Every second day I do a 20 minute workout using my exercise ball, and that has helped out a little, but it's certainly not enough. Yet, I get worried about leaving the house and going for a long walk or jog, because of the problems I have. But I don't want to keep relying on my inhaler.

Any suggestions on how I can get used to having more cardio in my life? I would like to start around the house so I can feel more comfortable and confident with it. Eventually I want to start jogging, but I know I have a while until I can do that.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:50 pm
do you have stairs in your house? you could walk stairs for awhile...maybe jump rope inside? it doesn't have to be strenous, you can slowly build your tolerance..  

Aeren
Crew

A.Midnight.Whisper

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 6:36 am
Those are good ideas.
We have stairs inside, and I can easily jump rope downstairs.
Thanks. =]

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games