View Results

AlexisNeato

Business Businesswoman

6,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:32 pm
Say that gaia decided to release one of this months items at a limited quantity.

Meaning that there are only a limited number of this item claimable through donation letters, and that you could only claim this item once.

What would you think?  
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 2:47 pm
i think it would suck yo. eventually, the donations would stop out of sheer frustration. well, not so much stop but they would definately see less of them.  

Smokey5000

Dapper Genius

OoChIcKeNoO

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:47 pm
well the thing that of hot comodity are already expensive and rare. So i figure if the donation letters are limited most likely people will give up on trying to get them cause theyre a bit too expensive and probably hard to find. Meaning

limited donation letters = gaian mobs and frustration for all xp  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:32 am
i think that would rock
everyone will fight over em.... less "selling letter" threads etc

zonic69

AlexisNeato

Business Businesswoman

6,700 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:26 pm
basicly I'm sick of everyone buying a whole bunch of them at a time keeping one or two and selling the rest for gold.

See doing that floods the gaian market, with that item, and if enough people are mass donating, you end up with more donation letters sent than there are people in gaia. So obviously the item becomes worthless. In the beginning Donation items were an investment, you put in $2.50 for the item wore it and kept it for a year, then sold it for a cool bundle of gold. But as I keep seeing more and more items that just... don't increase in value at all, I think we need to limit the ammount of donation letters you can recieve, or have special donation items that only have so many to circulate. People can still donate all they want of course (but being the cheap selfish bastards they are they probably wont).

See the only reason halo's are so damned impossible to buy is because, they are litterally priceless, the calculated worth of the item rises faster than anyone could ever accumulate gold. Because they are in VERY high demand because WAY back when there were only so many users, and only a small sample of them participated in the donation letter thing. And since then alot of halo'd people have left gaia without passing on their halo's Active members of gaia with halo's are now restricted to mods who were here since the beginning, And like half the people who are have been active members since the beginning of gaia. Halo's have become a status thing, and a gaian keepsake, there will NEVER be another item like the halo. However, that's no reason for there to never be an item that ever increases in worth.

Here's another though, all thoes items that are lost to deleted characters... What the hell, things in real life don't simply dissapear when their owners leave them. I think deleted character's items should be circulated somehow, either by auction, gift, or random redistribution of wealth.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:35 am
OMG what the hell?... well I dont know really what to say?  

zeonardo

nameiwantedwastaken

Aged Genius

11,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:11 pm
eek wow eek  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:35 pm
it'll only discourage ppl joining gaia since only a handfull of items r distributed, and the amount of ppl in this world joining would eventually give up
making the monly limited is bad enough (in some way)  

Jurado

Leon_The_Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:03 pm
OoChIcKeNoO
well the thing that of hot comodity are already expensive and rare. So i figure if the donation letters are limited most likely people will give up on trying to get them cause theyre a bit too expensive and probably hard to find. Meaning

limited donation letters = gaian mobs and frustration for all xp
I agree, and it leads to people getting hurt. look at the whole limited PS3 stock.. that went over reaaaaaaaal well.. yeah I guess getting your product shot and stabbed over makes it really worth it.

if gaia does that, I would give all my items to my friend save one, and quit Gaia  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:39 pm
I know I would really be pissed off. I don't like new items especially beautiful items for ladies dangled in my face that I can never have. If they are really limited then the price for those in the Market Place could easily reach a 1,000,000g fast. Maybe more. It could also promote more hacking crimes. neutral  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Melena Rai

Magical Phantom

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Winter Guardian 250